Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music typesetting software

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm looking for music typesetting software: mostly for choral arrangements, music lessons, etc. The blurb on most programs that I've checked out online is much the same. Has anyone had any positive/negative experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What programs have you checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've used Finale, and thought it was pretty good, really easy to get to grips with. I know a lot of people use Sibelius. I kinda think, there can't be that much difference, can there?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Farolina81

I've checked out Lily Pond, Sibelius, Graphire, Finale, Ars Nova. I guess there can't be that much difference. I don't mind spending some time getting to grips with using a program. I'm more concerned with the quality of what it's producing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

When you refer to quality do you mean the sound output or the printed output or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Farolina81

My main interest would be in the printed output

• Advertisement
Advertisement