Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did everyone's music go?

• 19-08-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I got a B1 in HL. Was really happy because in school my average was C2. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

got a b3. usually get As.. ohwell. Im going to take a look at it anyway. I probably went down in the composing paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Got a B2. I'm content with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

really mad with my B2 =/

literally expected A1 and usually get it in class .. .. I did it outside school as we don't have it but Im thinking of a recheck . . . .

just a question .... any1 know are they really mean on people who are very nervous at the start of the practical ... iwas but really regained my composure and thought it went very well after that ....

also I did my melody modulating 2ice I know you don't have to but shouldn't it be ok if you're able to to show you can for a minor key ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

really mad with my B2 =/

literally expected A1 and usually get it in class .. .. I did it outside school as we don't have it but Im thinking of a recheck . . . .

just a question .... any1 know are they really mean on people who are very nervous at the start of the practical ... iwas but really regained my composure and thought it went very well after that ....

also I did my melody modulating 2ice I know you don't have to but shouldn't it be ok if you're able to to show you can for a minor key ??

Our practical examiner was actually really nice but I'm not sure if they take away marks for being nervous. I guess in singing they can hear your voice shake but funnily enough mine didn't. I guess I went into Auto pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

B1.... delighted went up from a B3 last year..!
    teacher has probably collapsed from shock..! :P

• Advertisement

EabhaMae wrote: »
    Our practical examiner was actually really nice but I'm not sure if they take away marks for being nervous. I guess in singing they can hear your voice shake but funnily enough mine didn't. I guess I went into Auto pilot.

I sang Ave Maria first =/ silly and my stupo piano teacher didn't bring it down like i told her to =P oh boy was my voice shaking I couldn't get in enough air to breathe or anything it was a REAL disaster ...

but my other 3 songs were really good I thought and my piano pieces ....

maybe she didn't like my classical take =/ unlikely i think she was a tradder though

and mine said thank you to the end of every1s =[ no emotion at all !!!

I mean ffs !!

but still I thought my written paper would bring me up ..... nope !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Got a C3. Pretty disappointed. I think I was marked down on the practical because I played metal, so I'm going to check out the written paper. If there's a lot of marks on that then I can't have got much for the practical and will appeal!

Got a C3. Pretty disappointed. I think I was marked down on the practical because I played metal, so I'm going to check out the written paper. If there's a lot of marks on that then I can't have got much for the practical and will appeal!

yeah I'm the same best to look at them 1st like you say but surprising all the same some results are . . . :pac::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

I sang Ave Maria first =/ silly and my stupo piano teacher didn't bring it down like i told her to =P oh boy was my voice shaking I couldn't get in enough air to breathe or anything it was a REAL disaster ...

but my other 3 songs were really good I thought and my piano pieces ....

maybe she didn't like my classical take =/ unlikely i think she was a tradder though

and mine said thank you to the end of every1s =[ no emotion at all !!!

I mean ffs !!

but still I thought my written paper would bring me up ..... nope !

I sang Wiegenlied first because it's easy and broke me into the whole thing! I think my practical and Music Technology actually brought me up because I've never been brilliant at melodies. Harmonies are fine but melodies just annoy me! Was so glad Seachanges was the main work that came up though. As hard to listen to as it is, it's still one of the easiest to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I got an A2, Delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

A1. i'm so happy, i wasn't expecting it.
    maybe it's for doing the composition elective that i've yet to hear of anyone else doing! :L anyone here do it by any chance?

EabhaMae wrote: »
    I sang Wiegenlied first because it's easy and broke me into the whole thing! I think my practical and Music Technology actually brought me up because I've never been brilliant at melodies. Harmonies are fine but melodies just annoy me! Was so glad Seachanges was the main work that came up though. As hard to listen to as it is, it's still one of the easiest to learn.

I'm a dude so I cant sing high but my accompanist didn't bring it down so annoying =P if I see my practical brought me down I'll be seriously p***ed off =[:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement