Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Product Key Help.

• 19-08-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just need a bit of help with a hopefully small problem. I got a new laptop a few months ago and have used my free trials of Excel and Word up. I had these on my old PC, is it possible to get thiat product key and enter it into my new comp and how? I don't seem to have any cd for it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Perhaps you could use a free alternative instead like openoffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

jpl888 wrote: »
    Perhaps you could use a free alternative instead like openoffice?
    Well i'm pretty used to the interface of Excel and Word, and have a good few important files on both so would rather not change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Ok well Openoffice's interface isn't as good as Office 2007 but it will read and write in Office XP format.

As long as you aren't doing anything unusual it should be perfectly adequate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

When you say you had them on your old pc is that pc still used? Technically if the Office on the other pc was just a single pc licence it should only be on one machine so you should remove it from the other if still in use..

There are keyfinder programs that will get the key for you, this should do it..
    http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Download that, get the "SIW Without Installer (English-Only) " one and run it. When it opens up press Licences on the left and wait. Should come up after a while with the windows and office licence keys. Also the key will obviously only work if the versions of Office are the same. Assuming the laptop had a trial of Office 2007 (Probably Home and Student Edition) then the key from your old machine would have to be from Office 2007 Home and Student.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

OpenOffice is not that much different to the microsoft office to be honest. Just leave the tool tips on til u get fully used to it. You can read and write ms files in openoffice too so you will not lose any work you have previously saved. Once you start getting the hang of it you will feel fine using it as you now use ms office.

The plus side you can always download it and use it anywhere rather than having to have a fully licensed copy of ms office on any comp you wish to do work on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement