Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poison ink

• 19-08-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    im going for a tattoo in 2 weeks out to bray to poison ink.
    has onyone been tattooed there?? whats it like??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Can't say I've ever heard of them. Couldn't find anything about them on the interwebs either. Are they fairly new? Is Atattooed still in Bray?
    What made you choose them over all the other tattoo studios?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Diceicle wrote: »
    Can't say I've ever heard of them. Couldn't find anything about them on the interwebs either. Are they fairly new? Is Atattooed still in Bray?
    What made you choose them over all the other tattoo studios?

hey,
    the studio is across from the royal hotel in bray.
    just went out to bray and found the tattoo studio went in for a nosey and it was really clean/organised and the guys themselves seemed very nice.
    ive had all my other tattoos done in dragon tattoo on talbot street but fancied a change.
    yeah atattoed is there but its moved buildings to around the corner, i was left standing there for almost 10minutes with no greeting/aknowledement or anything so i just left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I think I know the place you're talking about. Is it upstairs and there's another studio beside it called Blood Brothers? If so, steer clear.

hunter164 wrote: »
    I think I know the place you're talking about. Is it upstairs and there's another studio beside it called Blood Brothers? If so, steer clear.

hey i didnt see one called blood brothers, its near atattooed (sorry for bad spelling).
    what did you hear about poison ink?

If I'm thinking of the right place my friends been tattooed there twice and both are terrible.

• Advertisement

If I'm thinking of the right place my friends been tattooed there twice and both are terrible.

are they badly drawn tattoos or just horrible tattoo designs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deniss63

Hi people i went out to get some Tatto,s of the fella
    that run,s the place.He is good at doing them bit
    sore on the needle as all tatto,s are but i would reccomend
    him he is very cheap and he is very nice chap.most other tatto
    studio,s will say he is bad because they whant you to go to them.
    me and my wife got some and we think he is very good so its up to
    you,s let me no is ya,s have went to him.yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

RasTa wrote: »
    ^what?

He said, "I'm rough as **** with the needle but otherwise I'm not too bad, just dont ask me for lettering."

clown bag wrote: »
    He said, "I'm rough as **** with the needle but otherwise I'm not too bad, just dont ask me for lettering."

ok im lost here atm???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I'm from Bray and i've never heard of the blood brothers studio. I know where the poison ink studio is but i've never been to see what it's like and i haven't heard anything about their work.

IMO steer clear of Atattooed (bad personal experience).

The only tattoo studio i can reccommend in Bray is Nine Lives on the main street.

Sorry i can't be of any help to the op with regards to Poison ink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SqueakyBeast

Let's put it this way - if the artist himself can only say he's "rough as **** with the needle but otherwise I'm not too bad, just dont ask me for lettering" do you really want him tattooing you? Go to someone who won't crucify you when they're tattooing you. If it hurts that bad, the artist is doing something wrong. And if he can't do lettering... well, that speaks volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trixie Vixen

I've lived in bray all my life, and know the artists around here well. Steer clear of this place, I've heard nothing good about the shop, and they do not have a good reputation. Bray does have some truelly great artisits tho, Rachel in Nine Lives and Damon in Atattooed are really genuinely fantastic artisits, and myself and a lot of friends have a lot of great work to prove it. If you're coming out here, pop into them and look at their portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TattooSte13

Hi . I'm hunter164s friend ha ha , yeh I have been tattooed in that kip twice seriously don't recommend it . Al tough i would recomend Blood Brothers which is right next door . I have been tattooed there alot and always recommend it to anyone .

Hi . I'm hunter164s friend ha ha , yeh I have been tattooed in that kip twice seriously don't recommend it . Al tough i would recomend Blood Brothers which is right next door . I have been tattooed there alot and always recommend it to anyone .

hey
    what i dont understand is if it was so bad the first time why'd you go back the second time???
    i usually get tattooed in Dragon tattoo on talbot street but just wanna try somewhere different.
    ive hear a few bad reports about atattooed and have heard a few good things about blood brothers so might give thema a try :) thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If you want to get tattooed in Bray, then I can certainly recommend "Nine Lives". I have two sleeves in the process of being tattooed by Anna and they both contain some excellent work.
    If one studio owner is willing to travel to or recommend another studio, then the level of work must be good.

If you want to get tattooed in Bray, then I can certainly recommend "Nine Lives". I have two sleeves in the process of being tattooed by Anna and they both contain some excellent work.
    If one studio owner is willing to travel to or recommend another studio, then the level of work must be good.

thanks very much ive heard all fgood about these ill give them a try so :)

:pac:

auntyweeze wrote: »
    hey
    what i dont understand is if it was so bad the first time why'd you go back the second time???

If only you knew him....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

hey

I was thinking the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trixie Vixen

I don't understand it, the amount of times I've heard people say "I was tattooed there twice, and hated it both time". It's not like there's not hundreds of artists out there to choose from, or conventions to go to where you can see all their work. Seems to me like a tattoo is the sorta thing you should put a lot of thought and planning into. People are silly.

Anyway, yes, in Bray, Anna or Rachel in Nine Lives or Damon in Atattooed (nothing wrong with the shop itself) are the way to go.

• Advertisement

If only you knew him....
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    I was thinking the same myself.

ok i am really lost now lol
    what do you mean if only you knew him??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

ok i am really lost now lol
    what do you mean if only you knew him??

Auntyweeze I was agreeing with your statement that I also cant understand why he went back a second time.

I think Hunter knows him personally and hes basically saying that we`d understand if we knew him.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Auntyweeze I was agreeing with your statement that I also cant understand why he went back a second time.

I think Hunter knows him personally and hes basically saying that we`d understand if we knew him.

oh yeah i know you were agreeing with me lol
    i get ya now ha ha i need it spelt out to me ha ha
    how many tattoos have you got?? where have you gotten them done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TattooSte13

oh yeah i know you were agreeing with me lol
    i get ya now ha ha i need it spelt out to me ha ha
    how many tattoos have you got?? where have you gotten them done?

Haha , yeah dont ask why i went back i was only 15 sure !
    i have nine at the moment but getting alot more . Ive heart good things about dragon on Talbot street . But blood brothers is great , friendly and reasonable prices .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnb00

hello just got work done off rachel in nine lives in bray and i have to say her work is very good and the prices are good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

johnb00 wrote: »
    hello just got work done off rachel in nine lives in bray and i have to say her work is very good and the prices are good too

Unless you can post a pic of what you got done you most certainly will be called a shill and not believed........some studios try to post on here as "satisfied customers" but it only succeeds in making the studio look desperate.

Diceicle wrote: »
    Unless you can post a pic of what you got done you most certainly will be called a shill and not believed........some studios try to post on here as "satisfied customers" but it only succeeds in making the studio look desperate.
    Trust me "Nine Lives don't need to shill. I own my own studio and still travel out to them to get my sleeves done. If another studio owner is willing to recommend them, then they don't need to "shill" themselves.
    Sometimes people like to comment on good work done without plastering pictures all over the web. As I said, I have 2 sleeves in progress at the moment, both by Anna, a full back piece and large pieces on both legs by different artists but I haven't posted pictures of any of it. They are my tattoos, done for me, because I like the meanings of them all. They weren't done so that I could plaster the net with pictures and have people pass comment on my tastes, likes and dislikes. So please don't assume that just because a person likes a studio that isn't one of "The Hallowed" ones, ie. the "Big" city centre names, they must be a shill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So please don't assume that just because a person likes a studio that isn't one of "The Hallowed" ones, ie. the "Big" city centre names, they must be a shill.

That's not the case. It's when people come in and in their one and only post, lavish praise upon a studio, then it looks suspect. I would normally edit the content of those posts out, but I've left it there for now.

That Damo, is true and we've seen it happen here often enough. But you've been around long enough to know that certain smaller studios are happy to get by on their own merit and the occasional bit of praise from a satisfied customer and anybody who's ever met Anna knows that she's one of those people. Lets wait and see if Johnb00 becomes a steadfast Boards member before we pass judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnb00

That's not the case. It's when people come in and in their one and only post, lavish praise upon a studio, then it looks suspect. I would normally edit the content of those posts out, but I've left it there for now.
    whats the big deal i was just saying i got work done off rachel and her work is good whats wrong with that

Advertisement