Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poison ink

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

johnb00 wrote: »
    whats the big deal i was just saying i got work done off rachel and her work is good whats wrong with that
    Absolutely nothing! What Damo was saying is every now and then people log on and "Big Up" a particular studio. A lot of the time these people turn out to be employees/relatives of the studio. The result of this is that when a genuine person comes on and compliments a studio or an artist, especially one that is not considered by the masses to be "must visit", then stupidly, their post get branded as suspect.
    I completely argree with your opinion of "Nine Lives" work, top class and under-rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just as a general note - as has been said there's been issues in the past where people from studios have come on and bigged themselves up, there's also been times where people came on from rival studios and posted up terrible pics not done by the artist named to try and tarnish the reputation of the studio. So yeah we are very suspect of posts like these unfortunately as we've been burned in the past by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

hey guys well im half way through my cover up.
    i went with poison ink in the end, there is also a studio directly beside it (next door) which was empty the whole time we were there.
    im very happy with the work on my cover up so far.
    im going back on monday to get it finished.
    heres a pic of what it looks like so far.............http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1375

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Adrenalin

Howdy folks sorry to re open an old thread. Is the general view that poison ink is not recommended? I'm looking to get my first tattoo and was planning on poison ink so just seeing what the story is. Also that earlier on was not rob (the guy in poison ink) since rob is polish and also does not work in logistics.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheLads

<snip>

Rules state you can only tell stories like that if they are about something that you've personally experienced.

• Advertisement

Went in to atattoo on saturday and they say he is gone now (run out of town according to them) anyway so thats that problem (if he was one) gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xEurophia

Oops bumping an old thread but thought it was semi-important. Apparently the Polish guy in Poison Ink did some tattoos that got infected and some people got hepatitis B and he was deported or something but either way he is back in Bray now and is tattooing young lads , 16 year olds for €10. My friend has gone down and tried to get her septum pierced 4 times now. The first two times he was too busy , another time he didn't have the right sized clamp and he told her to come back the next day and she texted him asking could she get it done and he said he was "taking the day off".He also didn't have any lip bars and other essentials. He sounds pretty dodgy and unprofessional to me. Sorry for the wall of text btw.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

xEurophia wrote: »
    Oops bumping an old thread but thought it was semi-important. Apparently the Polish guy in Poison Ink did some tattoos that got infected and some people got hepatitis B and he was deported or something

Firstly if there was ever a confirmed case of Hep B from tattooing it would be all over the media.I cant find any evidence that this ^^^ ever took place.

but either way he is back in Bray now and is tattooing young lads , 16 year olds for €10.

Absolutely no crime in tattooing 16 year olds for €10.00
    There is no regulation in Irish law with regards to tattooing.
    The industry is self regulated to a degree but if this lad tattoos for 10 euros then he obviously desperate for business.
    He sounds pretty dodgy and unprofessional to me.
    Unless youve first hand experience then you cant judge anyone.And thats one of the rules of the forum aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

Is it just me or is there a lot of new posters in this thread.

*Suspicious*

Apparently the Polish guy in Poison Ink did some tattoos that got infected and some people got hepatitis B and he was deported or something but either way he is back in Bray now and is tattooing young lads , 16 year olds for €10.

This is quite an unconvincing argument in my opinion. As already stated by a mod, you seem to have many unconfirmed facts.

As stated, if there was a confirmed case of Hep B it would be broadcasted all over the place. The tattoo industry is just as competitive as any other, you can rest assured that if someone cocked up and spread some Hep B everyone would know about it and Rob would be gone.

If he was deported, he would not be allowed back into the country. If he then got in illegally, i highly doubt he would re-open his well known tattoo studio.

Also im fairly sure there is no standard rate of €10. If i walked in looking to get a sleeve done, its unlikely i could get him to work for 8 hours or more for a tenner.

Also your quote of "a day of" makes it sound like its a bad thing. Clearly the man should be open for business 24 hours a day 7 days a week (that sentence was well marinated in sarcasm).

All the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aoifecx

Oops bumping an old thread but thought it was semi-important. Apparently the Polish guy in Poison Ink did some tattoos that got infected and some people got hepatitis B and he was deported or something but either way he is back in Bray now and is tattooing young lads , 16 year olds for €10. My friend has gone down and tried to get her septum pierced 4 times now. The first two times he was too busy , another time he didn't have the right sized clamp and he told her to come back the next day and she texted him asking could she get it done and he said he was "taking the day off".He also didn't have any lip bars and other essentials. He sounds pretty dodgy and unprofessional to me. Sorry for the wall of text btw.
    He actually move he's shop to dun lery the move back he's not desperate for money he's actually got a big whit hummer he strolls around bray in get some fact before trying to get people put out of bissness

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cece123

Anybody happen to have his number for rob in poison ink tattoos??

Advertisement