Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get pineapple jelly?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:51pm

I've tried Tesco, Dunnes & Joyces

Anyone got any ideas?

Need it to make a cheesecake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Possibly Mc Cambridges, or supervalu. Saving that you can try clybaun stores or Cotters in knocknacarra, chivers is the brand you want. The smaller shops around Galway might have it. To save time, try phoning ahead.

If you get completely stuck and the recipe calls for the jelly as a setting agent, substutute gelatin and use crushed pineapple, as in this recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah McCaimbridges or the store in Salthill (Morton's?) that stocks similar stuff would be the next place I'd try.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

My dad was searching the town for lime jelly for his cheesecake. Couldn't find it in Dunnes or Tesco. Found it in the Supervalu on Fr. Griffin Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The Asian Supermarket in Westside (next to Aldi and Post Office) has some more exotic jellies on offer. Not sure they have pineapple, but I have bought mango jelly there. Some is in the usual block form, some in crystall form (these were vegetarian).

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

This guy sells them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Last time i checked its in DS Westside i can check tomorrow for you?

thanks for all the suggestions folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

This has got me thinking. Someone mentioned lime jelly, but does anyone know where you can get lime marmalade in Galway. I can get lemon and lime stuff but it's not the same. I'll try mortons and mc cambridges tomorrow, but i'm just wondering has anyone seen it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    This has got me thinking. Someone mentioned lime jelly, but does anyone know where you can get lime marmalade in Galway. I can get lemon and lime stuff but it's not the same. I'll try mortons and mc cambridges tomorrow, but i'm just wondering has anyone seen it recently?

They have it in Aldi, along with lemon, orange and blood orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

I JUST bought some yesterday :D
    Tesco's finest my friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement