Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling to UCD

Options
  • 20-08-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

So I'm going to be cycling to UCD daily (I'm starting medicine next month.) There's a good thread here with information on good lock places etc. but seeing as it's two years old I was just wondering if any of the following things have changed:

1: Are the shower facilities in the sports centre fine to use for anybody?

2. Are there lockers on campus? If so, whereabouts are they and what kind of price am I looking at for one?

3. Are there any decent bicycle shelters/locking facilities near the Health Sciences centre?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Night Fox

1. There is a keypad on the changing rooms in the sports centre... You will probably need permission if you don't plan on joining the gym.

2. There are lockers in most of the buildings... I got one in Quinn last year and all they wanted was a €10 deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Just don't use a cable lock, they can be cut very easily.

Nearest covered rack to Health Science is between the Church & Science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to be cycling about 10K so...I'll probably need to shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shantih

There are actually some nice showers in Health Science, ask at the Services desk and they'll tell you where they are. Same for the lockers, they won't be issued until first or second week in Sept, keep an eye out at the desk in the lobby for a sign about it. I'd recommend you queue the day they're available as otherwise you may have to get one over in Science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

That's great news, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm just gonna throw the op a thanks for cycling in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

OP get a big fcuk off lock. Don't skimp out on price because if your bike is in any way flashy and is locked with a below par lock then you can kiss your bike goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

How to lock your bike: Top tip use two different locks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xnkEkP2WY

Advertisement