Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS applicants??????

• 20-08-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Have you heard back from any of the universities that you applied to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Have you heard back from any of the universities that you applied to?

My UCAS track was updated this morning, unconditional offer from University of Aberdeen, however think i am going to head to UCD/UCC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

My UCAS track now says I've been accepted, but I haven't yet gotten anything from my college.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

anyone know how to decline a UCAS offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

anyone know how to decline a UCAS offer?

You could ring up the uni and tell them or if you just leave it altogether it will be automatically declined after a while.

Does anyone know here if UCAS automatically gets our results and is there any way to tell if they've got them or not?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They must get the LC Results, as my conditional offer (A in maths + Applied Maths, one other A and two Bs) has been accepted for Actuarial Science in Heriot-Watt, Edinburgh.

Does anybody know if I can wait until after Monday before I decline the offer? I hate holding up a place that I'm 95% sure I won't be using but I don't want to rule it out before I know what's happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

You can wait until monday no problem. Theres no point shooting yourself in the foot. No doubt they're used to Irish students doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I'm starting to worry about this! my tracks says you have accepted an offer but i think thats from before. Queens emailed me asking did i send my results yet yesterday, cos they wanted to get them by Saturday and if they don't get them today there not going to give me an offer thingy and withdraw! So i really hope they get them today cos i posted it wednesday evening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What? You have to post your results to UCAS - I didn't do that but they accepted me??

I wish UCAS would make it clearer what's expected of us. CAO is 100 times better than UCAS ever will be - CAO, despite its faults, is a fair system.

Edit: What my UCAS Track actually says:

The current status of your application is:
    Congratulations! Your place at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (H24) to study Actuarial Science (GG13) has been confirmed.

You will receive a Confirmation Letter shortly.

And in the 'Choices' screen it says that it is Unconditional - but I only got accepted Conditionally. Is this because they have seen my exam results?

UCAS confuses me big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

What? You have to post your results to UCAS - I didn't do that but they accepted me??

I wish UCAS would make it clearer what's expected of us. CAO is 100 times better than UCAS ever will be - CAO, despite its faults, is a fair system.

Edit: What my UCAS Track actually says:

The current status of your application is:
    Congratulations! Your place at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (H24) to study Actuarial Science (GG13) has been confirmed.

You will receive a Confirmation Letter shortly.

And in the 'Choices' screen it says that it is Unconditional - but I only got accepted Conditionally. Is this because they have seen my exam results?

UCAS confuses me big time

yah they have seen your results, my track displays the same atm. otherwise, it would still be conditional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I didn't meet my offer but still got offered a place.. Nice surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

it was to Queens that i had to send the results to cos a few weeks ago they said when i get my results im to post them to them.

i might ring them to see did they get them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mmmchoccy

LovexxLife wrote: »
    it was to Queens that i had to send the results to cos a few weeks ago they said when i get my results im to post them to them.

i might ring them to see did they get them

I haven't heard from Queens either... but they never told me to post results... I don't think i'll be going there but i want the option anyway....

Advertisement