Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fit are you?

• 20-08-2010 12:54am

AH'ers are always giving out about fat people, but I know plenty of fat people who are very fit. So to move slightly away from that, and out of curiosity...

If you had to rate your own level of fitness, on a scale of one to ten where would you place yourself?

(1 being that getting out of a chair feels like a thousand squats, 10 being you could run a marathon a day for the rest of your life without breaking a sweat).

Personally, I'd say I'm about a 4 or 5. I can get out and about and do the daily tasks required, and I am average enough in the gym. I am a fat bastard, but I'm capable of doing a few minutes running or a decent weights session in my gym (relatively speaking, of course).

I'm aware there are many different ways of being fit (you might be built like Hogan, but you can't run for the life of you, etc. so just speaking in general, vague terms).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fairly fit - I do a lot of uphill walking and pilates/dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I take a snack with me to cover the walk to the toilet - so id say about 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Quite fit with room for improvement, when I try I get fit very fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

About a 3 lately. Gotten into bad habits, but am starting working out again. On my best days though i'd still only be about a 6 and a half.
    I'm not fat though-people always think cos i'm quite skinny i must be as fit as a fiddle but afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

talk to the GUNS cause the face aint listenin. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

OP going on how you decribe one and ten, and how you descride yourself, theres no way youre a 5. More like 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

on a scale of one to ten. ten being very fit im a .........hold on till i get my breath back from all that typing...................0.00000001

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I used to be 10.5, but gaming has brought be down to about 1-2 :mad:
    But im currently on my way up again :D

Of course everyone would rate themselves differently.
    I can manage a 1 and a half hour training session,
    but im so fooked after that I need a few days of complete rest haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I've been a cyclist for 7 years, I'd give myself about a 6 currently, this time last year a 7. I take some points off because I do very little upper-body stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Very Fit. I can't walk past a mirror without stopping and checking myself out!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm quiet unfit despite my figure! I'm just more diciplined when it comes to my diet though. Not a lover of exercise at all but would go for a stroll no problem just the brisk walking I could go out of breath very easily. I'd go on the trampoline the odd time. I'd avoid the gym at all costs. I used to cycle and play badminton, handball and tennis but gave them up due to study and laziness! Badminton was the only bit of sport I was any good at. Not too bad at basketball and alright at GAA football not great though. I was great to walk when in college and when I worked in dublin but not as good now. Going for a walk along the beach about once a week is as much vigorous exercise I get.:o:P I can still walk fast though all the same, can outpass my peers no bother!:P
    The odd bit of dancing in a club is the only other form of exercise I'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

5.3... that's where I'm at on CouchTo5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Very Fit. I can't walk past a mirror without stopping and checking myself out!:cool:

Pics or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Patdusty2010

I'd say an 8. 5 weeks away from a Marathon and training 6-8 times a week. Yeah I am great:)

On the scale of one to ten it would probably around 3-5! I wouldn't run a marathon by no chance!
    I'd try to avoid stairs as much as possible and go on a lift/escalator!

Unfit as a Fiddle!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I was about a 9 six weeks ago training for an ultramarathon in the French alps. I partied a lot in the weeks following it and am about a 7 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i've lost about a stone and a half i'm still fat-ish but i'm fairly fit for a fat person so maybe a 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Depending on how Im feelin it ranges from a 7 to 9.... dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I smoke, drink and game a lot so I'm fairly unfit(about a 3) but I do like to be active... that mainly amounts to climbing stupid shíte when I'm drunk though.
    I do walk a lot though and I'm trying to get into mountain biking and kite surfing... just need to win the lotto! *fingers crossed* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

just need to win the lotto! *fingers crossed*

Stay away from that ticket, Flojo. That ticket is mine. And then I'll be able to go from 1 to a whatever I pay the surgeons.

Stay away from that ticket, Flojo. That ticket is mine. And then I'll be able to go from 1 to a whatever I pay the surgeons.

Right if you win you're buying me my mountain bike and kite surfing kit kk? Sound! :D

Flojo mojo in thay hou-se!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Depends on what your benchmark is.

I dislocated my ankle in June and have been in a cast for 6 weeks and on crutches for a bit longer.

I've gained 10kgs, on the day of the injury my weight was 115kgs (I was fighting ten days later and was watching my training & diet).. Two weeks ago I had an MRI scan, and before going into the machine my weight was taken - I'd climbed to 125.4 kgs :o

I'm back training this week, and going on the scale the OP gave me I'd say I'm an 8.0.

Once my cardio, stamina & strength are back to June levels I'll be at an easy ten - give me about three weeks.

Right if you win you're buying me my mountain bike and kite surfing kit kk? Sound!

Flojo, If I win, I'll bring you to the same clinic as I'm hitting for.

Like Mr.Burns says: "Oh forget it; I'll just pay for the damn liposuction"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Training for my 2nd marathon... probably about a 7 then.

Sure isn't sex the best exercise anyone can have!? Or else you need to go on a threadmill of course!

I dislocated my ankle in June and have been in a cast for 6 weeks and on crutches for a bit longer.

I've gained 10kgs, on the day of the injury my weight was 115kgs (I was fighting ten days later and was watching my training & diet).. Two weeks I had an MRI scan, and before going into the machine my weight was taken - I'd climbed to 125.4 kgs

I'm back training this week, and going on the scale the OP gave me I'd say I'm an 8.0.

Once my cardio, stamina & strength are back to June levels I'll be at an easy ten - give me about three weeks.

HOLY FCUK , lad. That's serious s hit. Fair F's to ya

Flojo, If I win, I'll bring you to the same clinic as I'm hitting for.

Like Mr.Burns says: "Oh forget it; I'll just pay for the damn liposuction"

Hell no! I couldn't give a donkeys about changing myself.. mountain biking and kitesurfing looks like shítloads of fun! Thanks though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Patdusty2010

I've gained 10kgs, on the day of the injury my weight was 115kgs (I was fighting ten days later and was watching my training & diet).. Two weeks ago I had an MRI scan, and before going into the machine my weight was taken - I'd climbed to 125.4 kgs :o

Whats your body fat % out of interest?

Advertisement