Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Don't worry, me too :pac:

There was deffo loads of banter last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Sounds like it from the thread :)

Don't think I've played with you on Blops yet, maybe 1 match.

We need to sort that out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

here lads news on the new patch
    Hey PS3 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we’ve been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.

LIVE FIXES

1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
    New Features:
    * • New contracts added to the rotation.
    * • Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.

Issues Addressed:
    * • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
    * • Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
    * • Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
    * • Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
    * • Fixed a timing specific, long/infinite loading screen when joining games (sometimes giving you “Error - Read error (0x80010713) on file <map name>").
    * • Fixed a timing-specific freeze when host powered down during host migration.
    * • Cleaned up the map search filter in the Community section (deleted unused entries).
    * • Fixed Combat Training’s "USE FRIENDS" option for bots names.
    * • Fixed issue with split-screen guest profile names being blank, resulting in matches never launching.
    * • Instead of showing the generic “Player” for offline profiles in LAN, we now display the PS3 profile name.
    * • Fixed Friends list appearing after viewing a Friends Playercard from the Leaderboards.
    * • Fixed filter so players can now view Friends on Zombies leadboards.
    * • Fix timing specific issue where the game can be put into slow motion.
    * • Addressed "disconnected path" error when using the doors in Radiation after a host migration.
    * • Fixed stability issues navigating lobbies after client on Split Screen Zombies quits out of a game.
    * • Addressed issue/exploit when removing Counter Spy Plane effects with the Jammer.
    * • Fixed a freeze when quickly loading maps one after another in private match.
    * • Fixed issue where players get primary weapons in Second Chance.
    * • Fixed “NEW” stamp not disappearing for Custom Slot 9 when highlighting the slot.
    * • Removed water vision effect when respawning after dying in the acid pool in Radiation.
    * • Several contract fixes.

Gameplay Tuning:
    * • Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
    * • Adjustments to the PSG1 with attachments.
    * • AK74U adjustments.
    * • RCXD adjustments.
    * • Silenced sniper rifle adjustments.
    * • Removed hit markers when shooting friendly equipment.
    http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365&sid=18ttt5g3tld4k3ekvmbm9jn9v3

Wonder what the RC adjustments are (here's hoping for 5 killstreak)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Happy with those gameplay tunings. Especially the friendly equipment, I only noticed it last night that my flashbangs werescrewing up my teammates claymores. Plus the second chance is a big plus. Lost loads of kills to assists with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not happy

they should of done more with the second chance

Have to say I've seen a whole lot less of it (it's still there for sure) recently. Happy about the assists -> kills thing tho.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

intrigued as to the changes with the 74u and the psg1... is it live in Europe yet? someone wake up Ade and get him to check it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Wonder what the RC adjustments are (here's hoping for 5 killstreak)

I read somewhere that the damage it deals is a lot less. You basically have to ram it up their ass for a kill :p

anybody know what the changes are with the AK47u. Thats like my favorite gun:(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the damage it deals is a lot less. You basically have to ram it up their ass for a kill :p

anybody know what the changes are with the AK47u. Thats like my favorite gun:(
    hopefully its turning down the damage over distance. i love the 74u for p1ssing people off but you gotta admit, its a tad OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I think they're just reducing the clip size to 20 rounds. Heard it on PKA iirc

I'm fúcking dying for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I think they're just reducing the clip size to 20 rounds. Heard it on PKA iirc

That and increasing recoil with the grip I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Think with the PSG1 if you left off attachments it dealt extra damage resulting in more one shot kills. So I was told anyway.

I thought they were doing more with last stand? Thats not enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

CORaven wrote: »
    That and increasing recoil with the grip I think.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Splinter wrote: »
    intrigued as to the changes with the 74u and the psg1... is it live in Europe yet? someone wake up Ade and get him to check it :pac:

Haha, wide awake at 7.30am standing on 12th tee, Ireland's eye peering over at me and the Irish sea beyond with the that near icy type wind howling at into my delicate overly tanned skin :p No rest for the wicked :pac:

Changes sound good. I'm trying my damnedest to use the 74u as little as possible last prestige. Only used it once last night for example and that was on Demo were I had a nightmare early on, 1-7 and went super duper try hard mode(29-9) :o So it means little to me to now. Sprectre and Kaparis are brilliant guns and the Uzi with silencer(the sound without silencer is nails on chalkboard stuff for me, like a BB auto gun what they did with with it) I'm coming around to it.

RC adjustments intrigue me, please please please be a 5 + killstreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nerfing the AK74u makes me sad
    A Famas or Aug with SOH pro is going to be a much better option than any SMG now.
    As long as they leave the AK47 alone though I'll be happy.

Nowt is wrong with the AK47, one of the more balanced guns in the game thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Love the AK47.

Starting to get more used to the Famas now too. Was tearing shít up with that and extended mags last night.

• Advertisement

Looooooove the AK

The Famas is my go to gun. Huge rate of fire and a super iron sight.

As stupid as it may sound sometimes I won't use a gun if it doesn't look / feel right in game. I think the commando is too phat and won't use that. I won't touch the mac 11 either because I hate the way it looks when you ADS (plus it's quite ****e).

In MW2 I hated the look of the .50 cal with the handle thingy hanging down and the way it was held. The intervention felt way more agile to me.

I'll be online in a bit bitches.

In IT atm, got mates 02 dongle. Yeaa boii :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Notorioux wrote: »
    Good game last night lads... Cheers for the inv Balfie!!! ;)

No Bother mate.. Should be back on tonight, I'll give ya a shout if ur on.

I'm liking the sound of the patch, the last stand or second chance one is one of the better ones. I said it last night that even if that changed I wouldn't mind it so much. Still gonna get the kill no matter what,. The second chance commando lunge now needs to be changed.

Wondering what they have done with the 74u, tis the only real game in the gun that I use *insert noob title here*.

Had great fun last night lads, Hoping for more of the same tonight.. :D

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:D!!!

?

Good news on the YLOD . . Got an email from Sony Ireland saying they'd replace it for free since it will be my third ps3 in just over 3 years!

Need to get it in my hands though. You never know.......

Absolutely chuffed tbh.

Glad to hear it lad :D

• Advertisement

Cheers man, I'd say I've sank well over a grand into it at this stage with the refurb, games, move , steering wheel, headset etc. Was well peed off until about 4pm this evening !

Advertisement