Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Sorry lads, I'm totally immersed into Uncharted 2. You buggers went off early so I'll just blame you! :D

Nah seriously though. Was up until 2.30am playing it, off and on all day and loved every second of playing the game so far though one part was driving me LOCO(!) and it had nothing to do with enemies.. more me being tired and daft! Choosing to play it on hard difficulty wasn't a smoove move too but I adore this game so much. If you haven't already played it, just buy it second hand for around 20 euros. Worth every penny x5 over!

Can't wait to get into multiplayer again too.

I said this before on Twitter. But Uncharted 3 I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward too most. I can count on Naughty Dog making a top echelon game. MW3 should be great too, but that's only because IW are having their hand held all the way so to speak.

WOW
    Uncharted 2 = Ganga for El Loco

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    WOW
    Uncharted 2 = Ganga for El Loco

Haven't heard/read someone say ganga in near 5 years :o :P

Pick it up today, this weekend or whenever and you'll understand what I'm yapping on about mate. As I said on Twitter, restored my faith in modern day single player games... and gaming as a whole.

edit - haha you know full well I'm worried about MW3 mate. So much so, that if it's ****e.. well yeah you and Lee know our conversations ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Pick it up today, this weekend or whenever and you'll understand what I'm yapping on about mate. As I said on Twitter, restored my faith in modern day single player games... and gaming as a whole.

Guy in GTA 4 used to say it quite a bit! Forget is name though ......RASTAAA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Little Jacob ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Told ya :cool: its the PS3's Mona Lisa as far as I'm concerned, I've played it 3 times through in full and a handful of levels just arsing about or showing people it trying to convince them to buy it (usually works) what part are you on?

krudler wrote: »
    Told ya :cool: its the PS3's Mona Lisa as far as I'm concerned, I've played it 3 times through in full and a handful of levels just arsing about or showing people it trying to convince them to buy it (usually works) what part are you on?

Chapter 20(ish) I think, couple of missions after Seige.

Everything you've said is dead on the money. The little things take me back every time like the witty remarks, the facial expressions, the music, lighting, and that's not even mentioning bloody brilliant gameplay itself is, level design, overall graphics, movement, etc, etc.

I was so hoping that was ManBearPig btw, was a tad disappointed :pac:

Chapter 20(ish) I think, couple of missions after Seige.

Everything you've said is dead on the money. The little things take me back every time like the witty remarks, the facial expressions, the music, lighting, and that's not even mentioning bloody brilliant gameplay itself is, level design, overall graphics, movement, etc, etc.

I was so hoping that was ManBearPig btw, was a tad disappointed :pac:

Have you just stopped and rotated the camera around gawking at the scenery much? I did it constantly, especially on the hotel roof and on the train level, is amazing how the same scenery isnt just repeated over and over like older games, and the Tibetan village level is amazing looking

Have you just stopped and rotated the camera around gawking at the scenery much? I did it constantly, especially on the hotel roof and on the train level, is amazing how the same scenery isnt just repeated over and over like older games, and the Tibetan village level is amazing looking

Aye, did it there alright ha. Stunning.

The Tibetan village, is a wow moment. Just stood at one of the fences for a few moments and looked around. Beautifully designed as is everything in the game in truth.

Have you played the game on Crushing difficultly yet? I had small chat with the lad in Gamestop. He's a PS trophy hunter, commented on how UC2 game namely on Crushing + trying to earn platanium nearly broke him, so much so he had to trade it in because it was driving him insane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i love when people working in game stores actually play games!

• Advertisement

Aye, did it there alright ha. Stunning.

The Tibetan village, is a wow moment. Just stood at one of the fences for a few moments and looked around. Beautifully designed as is everything in the game in truth.

Have you played the game on Crushing difficultly yet? I had small chat with the lad in Gamestop. He's a PS trophy hunter, commented on how UC2 game namely on Crushing + trying to earn platanium nearly broke him, so much so he had to trade it in because it was driving him insane :pac:

I dabbled lol wasnt for me, stupidly frustrating games annoy me (and me a MW2 player :pac: )

It is a stunning looking game, did you pet all the cows in the village? you get a trophy for that lol when you finish it you can unlock other character skins, playing as fat Drake is funny watching him waddling around the levels

I dabbled lol wasnt for me, stupidly frustrating games annoy me (and me a MW2 player :pac: )

It is a stunning looking game, did you pet all the cows in the village? you get a trophy for that lol when you finish it you can unlock other character skins, playing as fat Drake is funny watching him waddling around the levels

Just completed it there. As I said before, worth every penny ten times over. Fantastic stuff. Will probably start playing multiplayer starting from tomorrow.

Uncharted 3 cannot come sooner!

Just completed it there. As I said before, worth every penny ten times over. Fantastic stuff. Will probably start playing multiplayer starting from tomorrow.

Uncharted 3 cannot come sooner!

I might play it again myself soon, Nate is one of the most likeable game characters ever, the dialogue is hilarious in some places.

"theres a guy above you! theres a guy above you!"
    *yanks guy off roof and watch him tumble to his death*
    "theres a guy below you! theres a guy below you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I might play it again myself soon, Nate is one of the most likeable game characters ever, the dialogue is hilarious in some places.

"theres a guy above you! theres a guy above you!"
    *yanks guy off roof and watch him tumble to his death*
    "theres a guy below you! theres a guy below you!"

You can see that guy swimming away after the fall.

/buzzkill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Can any of you sign into PSN? It won't let me sign in for last hour.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    You can see that guy swimming away after the fall.

/buzzkill

... into the path of a guardian dressed as a shark obviously, duh.
    ollie1 wrote: »
    Can any of you sign into PSN? It won't let me sign in for last hour.

You're not alone going by Twitter. I'm still signed in luckily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I couldn't sign in earlier, just signed in this second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im getting my new headset Monday turtle beach Px5s

I know ye missed me singing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Headshot wrote: »
    Im getting my new headset Monday turtle beach Px5s

I know ye missed me singing

I can't for the life of me think who u are... I've become the new resident singer tho Haha :P

Splinter gave you a run for your money tbf :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Balfie wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me think who u are... I've become the new resident singer tho Haha :P

screw you

Im endorsed by Simon Cowell

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    screw you

Im endorsed by Simon Cowell

But wait, I'm Ehhh Yeh, just Yeh.. :D Haha

I'll be playing BOPS in 10 mins or so if anyone is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ade, did you edit the Xbox about last night thread to only have 3 full stops recently? Now I can't tell if I'm going to the xbox one or the ps3 one from the my forums home page :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW3 - 8th November
    Uncharted 3 - 11th November
    Gimli sacked - 14th November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Got a Nuke last night.... Called it in as the score came up on the screen....

FML

:(

Got 4 quads yesterday. ;)

heres a kinda random question, anyone know what determines the respawn time on a Hardcore game? sometimes for me its less than 4 seconds, other its over 10, and not from friendly fire either, is a it a numbers thing? the more people alive on your team the slower you spawn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

heres a kinda random question, anyone know what determines the respawn time on a Hardcore game? sometimes for me its less than 4 seconds, other its over 10, and not from friendly fire either, is a it a numbers thing? the more people alive on your team the slower you spawn?

People generally spawn in waves. The first person dies and the counter starts from 15s [example], when the next person dies (when the counter is at 10seconds) they have the same counter as their team mate and only have to wait the 10s.

CORaven wrote: »
    People generally spawn in waves. The first person dies and the counter starts from 15s [example], when the next person dies (when the counter is at 10seconds) they have the same counter as their team mate and only have to wait the 10s.

aha, thanks

was having absolute great games today, was really enjoying it... Hope to be back on soon after some food hopefully...

• Advertisement

Got my friend to get my second chance kills while I played as (2). I now have SC pro without having to get it pro ;)

still makes ya a loser :P

I was actuallly playing quite well today.. First time in a long time that I was consistantly positive except in search, but thats not really my game mode an I was running around like a mad man..

still makes ya a loser :P

I was actuallly playing quite well today.. First time in a long time that I was consistantly positive except in search, but thats not really my game mode an I was running around like a mad man..

Thats the best way to play S&D at times :pac:, everyones expecting a sniping match and I come barreling across the map with lightweight, ninja pro and a SPAS in my hands :D

I'll be on again in a bit lads. Twas fun those games. First time I've consistently played well since my month break (pre-PSN outage) :)

Oh, almost forgot, that sabo game on NT was epic. Start-explosion in around 1:30!!! :D

7 man napalm, got a quad, then a car blew up killing 2 of them, an then another one must have walked back into the fire.. was niceeeeeeeeeeee... :D

Yet again, twas fun lads. More of the same later in the day I hope.

7 man napalm, got a quad, then a car blew up killing 2 of them, an then another one must have walked back into the fire.. was niceeeeeeeeeeee... :D

Ridiculous killfeed so it was! :D

I was thinking, maybe tomorrow if we get a full party together go into a Domination lobby and do the "random class generator" and see who can get the best score using the same gun/attachment/equipment/secondaries for the craic?

Bitta variety wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks for helping with Marathon Pro earlier lads <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

We really need to get a full group on villa with everyone throwing spawn tomo's, imagine how awesome it'd be !

Or Ground War TDM on Radiation from C to A spawn...

homer_drooling_wallpaper-336x336.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Thanked just for the picture :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

good games areir. jeez the time flew. going tnd have a look at that napalm later blfie.

50MB Update in BLOPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

50MB Update
    Blops?

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    Blops?

Sorry, yeah it's BLOPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Sniper patch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/news/pc-mod-tools-releasing-may-31st

Thats all i could find , dont know what its got to do with consoles.

Magill wrote: »
    Sniper patch ?

Getting ready for Escalation map pack by the looks of things. Comp playlist is there as well under Barebones.

Awesome :D

Can we play Comp playlist around 4, can we, can we, can we?!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement