Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    get an xbox :D i picked it up again on the 360 and am having a blast going through it, doesnt bother me getting all the emblems and guns i'm having a ball. stopping with SPAS on= me going 49-14 on domination on scrapyard, put my Sandy face on :D no hacked lobbies and 4 bar connections on groundwar make krudler a happy panda.

Ive been planning on gettin an xbox for months just for the exclusive games. The thoughts of paying for online upsets me but im just mean:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Ive been planning on gettin an xbox for months just for the exclusive games. The thoughts of paying for online upsets me but im just mean:p.

There are some games I miss. Left 4 dead being one of them. Liked halo, hated gears. Thats for another thread really.

They've said they'll be fixing the **** thats going on in MW2. So hopefully soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

I got my xbox just for gears2 (and future xbox only releases that would interest me) and got xbox live just for monday night combat which is easily the best 12 euro I've ever spent on a game. Don't regret either purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Get one if you can afford to. Means you dont miss any games and xbox live is only a few euro a month anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You's can all **** off so, clutches at PS3 :pac:

Alone.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

You's can all **** off so, clutches at PS3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

and some games run better on xbox than they do on ps3, and vice versa. I do plan on getting Red Dead Remption but for the 360 as it apparently doesnt have the screentearing issues the ps3 version has, but if its stuff like dead space 2 that comes on 1 bluray rather than 2 cds on 360 I'll get the ps3 one.

best of both worlds, simples :)

oh and xbla games rock, Super Meat Boy is just brilliantly fun. and Limbo is fantastic.

and some games run better on xbox than they do on ps3, and vice versa. I do plan on getting Red Dead Remption but for the 360 as it apparently doesnt have the screentearing issues the ps3 version has, but if its stuff like dead space 2 that comes on 1 bluray rather than 2 cds on 360 I'll get the ps3 one.

best of both worlds, simples :)

oh and xbla games rock, Super Meat Boy is just brilliantly fun. and Limbo is fantastic.

I wouln't mind picking up a x360 actually. RROD seems to be no longer an issue on the newer models and from what I've read Live is great !

I don't want to see myself torn between the two consoles though. Fifa club is just too good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I wouln't mind picking up a x360 actually. RROD seems to be no longer an issue on the newer models and from what I've read Live is great !

I don't want to see myself torn between the two consoles though. Fifa club is just too good too.

Live is great, party chat is the job, you can talk to people that arent even playing the same game as you, and following people into new lobbies as you're wrecking their booster games is a game in itself :D

one thing i do notice about COD games on xbox is that they look more colourful than the ps3 version, which looks darker, both consoles do have minor graphical differences, I never took notice of it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Seriously when IW patch Mw2 I'm selling Blops, until then I'm keeping it just to have a CoD to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Live is great, party chat is the job, you can talk to people that arent even playing the same game as you, and following people into new lobbies as you're wrecking their booster games is a game in itself :D

one thing i do notice about COD games on xbox is that they look more colourful than the ps3 version, which looks darker, both consoles do have minor graphical differences, I never took notice of it before.

The only reason i have my XBOX still is because of GOW (Just the single player, MP is sh!t). Besides that i dont think it would be worth it to buy a 360, especially this year with the PS3 set to absolutely rape the exclusives market. I might get xbox live again just to try out halo but i cant see myself ever switching to xbox as my primary console. Im getting slightly bored with CoD in general so even if its better on the 360 i wont be interested enough to start leveling again.

Would love to beable to afford a decent gaming PC tho, xbox live doesnt even come close to it for online gaming.

Quote.. blah blah

:)

Oooh goooood tuuunnneeee ^

I could be here all night posting 80s music, especially power ballads Sir L33G0RML3Y of Tuam. But I shall concede for now as I need sleep :P

I fell asleep on the laptop, no energy at all to keep up with you choc bear lol

Has there been a date been mentioned for the MW2 patch yet? I heard/read they were in testing 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Has there been a date been mentioned for the MW2 patch yet? I heard/read they were in testing 2 weeks ago.

To be honest mate I've been on it the past few days, and it defo isn't as bad as it was.. It was totally unplayable, that's not the case now, granted I was in a lobby that made me level 70 but that's nothing compared to the go fast jump around, aim bot lobby that there was about 4 weeks ago..

Balfie wrote: »
    To be honest mate I've been on it the past few days, and it defo isn't as bad as it was.. It was totally unplayable, that's not the case now, granted I was in a lobby that made me level 70 but that's nothing compared to the go fast jump around, aim bot lobby that there was about 4 weeks ago..

MW2 was the most fist clenching rage game I have ever played. I'll through gritted teeth put up with commando and OMA set ups but I'm won't re-buying it till the patch comes out. I don't want any hacks to give me camo, guns, pro perks and so on happening to me neither. The hacking in COD4 was bloody heartbreaking almost :pac: in MW2 I'd just implode with rage.

As soon as I hit 15th prestige in BOPS(really need to start playing it again :/) and the MW2 patch comes out for us, I'll pick up MW2 in an instant.

Balfie wrote: »

awesome, guna play later on ;)

• Advertisement

MW2 was the most fist clenching rage game I have ever played. I'll through gritted teeth put up with commando and OMA set ups but I'm won't re-buying it till the patch comes out. I don't want any hacks to give me camo, guns, pro perks and so on happening to me neither. The hacking in COD4 was bloody heartbreaking almost :pac: in MW2 I'd just implode with rage.

As soon as I hit 15th prestige in BOPS(really need to start playing it again :/) and the MW2 patch comes out for us, I'll pick up MW2 in an instant.

Ill admit, yesterday was actually the first time I used the oma danger close noobie tubes, an seriously I had so much fun.. I wouldn't do it all the time, but I was on wasteland an the team camped in the cave, so basically I said fuk ya's I'm gonna rape ya's with this, I never even had it on a class before, but it was great craic.. Then I got in the ac130, an that was end of game, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had a Danger Close class in MW2.
    Had scavanger with it tho not OMA but it was only used for vengence....... horrible.... horrible..... vengence.:)

New maps Wed, you guys getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

absolutely getting new maps
    I loved them from the DLC in MW2 even Fuel

Leeg17 wrote: »
    awesome, guna play later on ;)

Nice. I might pop on to see me aul Fall Camo intervention

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Nice. I might pop on to see me aul Fall Camo intervention

Ill be on meself tonight I think.. I know I said I'd be on last night but I went to bed at about 9 I was totally wrecked.. :(

It's ok grandad (:p) we'll be on tonight. Hopefully not many hacked lobbies as you said. I'm feeling Dom and SnD !

Leeg17 wrote: »
    It's ok grandad (:p) we'll be on tonight. Hopefully not many hacked lobbies as you said. I'm feeling Dom and SnD !

Oi respect ur elders or Ill bate ya with my walking stick, don't even make me get out the zimmer frame..

Yeh ill be interested in a few games of something, even if we get a bad lobby we can just back out.. There isn't that many of them, and it feels so weird to have bullets actually feel like they register, in blops it can feel like ya can put a whole clip into someone and nothing will happen,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

anyone here interested in playing black ops? but not just running around like headless chickens? if so drop me a pm and id be delighted to play with yis :D

• Advertisement

Fun playing SnD with Balfie there on Mw2. Only 1 hacked game (where 2 people were under the map) in an hour playing.

Almost had a nice killcam at one stage :o

Advertisement