Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Not sure why they need to improve sniping. The L96 and PSG are fine imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I do hope you're joking?

I can see a guy's freckles on his nose in the scope and not get a kill but when I shoot at the floor around him I get a 1 hit kill. Oh grand so they are..

:) no seriously. Granted the odd time I'll shoot a guy dead a few seconds after he's gone round a corner but for the most part I find them fine.

I honestly love sniping with those two rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I do hope you're joking?

I can see a guy's freckles on his nose in the scope and not get a kill but when I shoot at the floor around him I get a 1 hit kill. Oh grand so they are..

Lee thats 3 Lag broadband for you ?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Very strange indeed are the snipers. They are very inconsistent. Even in private matches you can shoot someone square in the chest and not even get a hit marker. :eek:

They aren't even close to COD 4's snipers, let's not talk about mw2's snipers. COD 4's snipers were a good happy medium I think, even though I haven't used them all that much since the hacks

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I don't have one to hand but Jd and hutch were talking about it on twitter

The xbox has been updated today with the following issues:

• Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
    • The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
    • Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
    • Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
    • Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
    • Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
    • Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
    • Additional security feature updates.
    Gameplay Tuning:
    • Additional sniper rifle tuning.

Probably much of the same for Ps3. I wish they'd fix some of the lagg issues and ignore random stuff like "Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Have to say!! Sniping I think in this game is a joke... Hit markers when you shouldnt and no hit markers when you blatantly should!!

also looking forward to the new map pack! :D

Question.. I never gotten a DLC before so I assume if you will be put in different lobbies only with people who have the DLC maps.
    And if you have a full party and 1 guy doesnt have the DLC maps then your restricted to the normal maps yea.. makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

had great fun with ade playing on nuke town in combat training.. We ran around killing with just the ballistic knife, it was so funny.. Then went with just shot guns.. Us 2 against 4 bots first to 30,000 first msg I get off ade straight away is, ''my thumbs are numb'' Haha had great fun.. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Balfie wrote: »
    had great fun with ade playing on nuke town in combat training.. We ran around killing with just the ballistic knife, it was so funny.. Then went with just shot guns.. Us 2 against 4 bots first to 30,000 first msg I get off ade straight away is, ''my thumbs are numb'' Haha had great fun.. :D

Twas fun alright(first time in a couple of weeks the game was actually fun! :eek:) especially the ballistic knife only game. If it's just us two again, make it 10 bots vs us 2, more kills... nom nom nom nom nom :pac:

• Advertisement

Twas fun alright(first time in a couple of weeks the game was actually fun! :eek:) especially the ballistic knife only game. If it's just us two again, make it 10 bots vs us 2, more kills... nom nom nom nom nom :pac:

Can only make it as against 9... For the game with the shot guns I had set it 6v9 and it put us 3v3 for some stupid reason, I dunno why it wouldn't go back to normal.. Will defo have to do it again, it was great craic... Are ya goin back on tonight for some proper games? I'm gonna have a shower an all that first.. Be about 9 or something before I go on.. Maybe later..

Can only make it as against 9... For the game with the shot guns I had set it 6v9 and it put us 3v3 for some stupid reason, I dunno why it wouldn't go back to normal.. Will defo have to do it again, it was great craic... Are ya goin back on tonight for some proper games? I'm gonna have a shower an all that first.. Be about 9 or something before I go on.. Maybe later..

Yup, just watching the footy atm and I'll be on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

im gonna come across cheap here but who here would be wiling to let me download the maps of their profile ? im straped for cash at mo :( and i promise i wont **** about if you let me and ill give my acc details to prove i wont **** about if you dont believe me

EDIT: not for free of course i have some paypal moneyies i could sent

Scody94 wrote: »
    im gonna come across cheap here but who here would be wiling to let me download the mas of their profile ? im straped for cash at mo :(

I'd let ya use mine, but my friend is letting me use his to get the dlc.. I gave him a headset so I'm using his thing for to get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Scody94 wrote: »
    im gonna come across cheap here but who here would be wiling to let me download the maps of their profile ? im straped for cash at mo :( and i promise i wont **** about if you let me and ill give my acc details to prove i wont **** about if you dont believe me

or i could let you download Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped :)

Double XP this weekend :)

JD_2020 Josh Olin
    #CODBlackOps #DoubleXP #ThisWeekend #AllPlatforms.
    7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Oh yes just as I prestige so who's going on this weekend

Got golf comp on Saturday morning and of course, a certain match to watch on Sunday afternoon but besides that I'll be on as much as possible.

Finally can see the finishing line now with re: 15th prestige.

___

Will be on in 10 minutes or so.

That mean's your leaving Blops after 15th. FU Josh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

You know what i hate? When i'm playing call of duty and I throw a grenade at someone and Bruno Mars catches it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

JustPaddy1 wrote: »
    You know what i hate? When i'm playing call of duty and I throw a grenade at someone and Bruno Mars catches it!

since you mention it, watch this.
    I LOL'ed

http://www.missingpersons.ie/missing/Missing_Person_Report_Form.pdf

Sorry for being ****e. I'm in a really bad rut, doing my head in tbf. Was 0-7 for the round of Demo on Radiation o_O

http://www.missingpersons.ie/missing/Missing_Person_Report_Form.pdf

Sorry for being ****e. I'm in a really bad rut, doing my head in tbf. Was 0-7 for the round of Demo on Radiation o_O

U were grand mate, I had great fun an I was playing even worse then u..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I saw another twitter post from Vahn saying that it was Xbox turn to get 24 hour nuketown sounds like other platforms aren't getting it :(

U were grand mate, I had great fun an I was playing even worse then u..

You have the problem with being host though. Most of my half decent scores tonight I had to really scrap for.

edit - now I think of it, I think my sensitivity is something ridiculously high which might explain my rut. I really need to check that out when I get home.
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    That mean's your leaving Blops after 15th. FU Josh :p

Not per say. If they sort out MW2, things might change but date has been confirmed. I'm not re-buying the game that is still hackable.

I want a handful of gold guns in BOPS too - AK47, Galill, MPL, MP5 and PM36. All of which are my favourite guns in the game. So I'll be putting in a good few hours in High Roller.

I thought you were selling BOPS?

I might be in a few weeks, Mw2 is still hacked so I want to have at least 1 decent playable CoD game. That and Wagers <3

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is the new map pack available now? Thought it was ment to go live for Europe around 3?

I thought so too but Ade who is the font of all knowledge advises it's not due till tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

Its says it down the bottom when you turn on the multi-player in black ops. Where that random facts are.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I see that now, doh. Any room?

Advertisement