Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Balfie wrote: »
    I hate u guys. :(

you just missed us lol. i only came off cause had no-one to play with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Might make a El_LoCo_Kells Acc :P Lets start a clan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ill hopefully be on sometime today, i havent played with you guys in ages! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I think I may be on a 58 win streak (was 48 before). Definitely want to break Ade's record now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I think I may be on a 58 win streak (was 48 before). Definitely want to break Ade's record now :D

I had a look at my MW2 stats last night, cant believe my highest winstreak is 17 lol I ragequit too much, did do really well in a S&D game on scrapyard last night, 10-0 until some fcuker robbed my airstrike care package and called it in

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not going to mention names, but I'm going to be very blunt about this. If you triple cap at every single given opportunity or just rushing into their spawn continually. You're intelligence must be questioned. Games are over complicated due to plain stupidity, and it seems to be it at it's worst vs against near full clans who are better players than the average muppet randomer.

Also, besides myself and one or two other people. Nobody helps take out enemy air support. Even the more consistently strong players for that matter don't help. Just trawl through my games as see how much crap I take down with a strella.

I just find it all mind boggling tbf.

Oh and I know the above should be in the megabitch thread. But it's gotten to the point where every single guy who plays on the PS3 with me should know how I feel. Maybe I should should stick on chopper gunner, dogs and what not and entirely base my game around kills and nothing else like some people here -_-

I'm too honest for my own good, I'll offend people possibly. But I play to win, and win in as comfortably and as stress free as possible. The odd tough game is fine. But I don't want it be a self-inflicted cluster**** every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I agree ^^^
    Always have a strella class equiped.

Btw, triple cap? Whats that? :confused:

We have A and B Dom for example, so they must spawn near C. Someone goes too near C and (sometimes) tries to cap it. The enemy team spawns at A and C and usually cap both.

Causes a lot of needless trouble.

I agree ^^^
    Always have a strella class equiped.

Btw, triple cap? Whats that? :confused:

Triple cap is simply capturing all 3 frags and this in turn switches the enemy spawn. When we need 3 flags, I have no problem with people tripple capping but against above average players who run in parties/clans it's moronic.

Triple cap is simply capturing all 3 frags and this in turn switches the enemy spawn. When we need 3 flags, I have no problem with people tripple capping but against above average players who run in parties/clans it's moronic.

didnt know you were asian Ade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

i'll admit that I'm one of them that doesn't take out air support when I play with ya ade. But that's cause my aim is so bad that I use the hand guns a lot.. Also I've started to use the cross bow, cause I'm so useless with aim.. I'll set up a class with a strella on it tho, sorry buddy for leaving it to u when I play with ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

i do run the stella sometimes not all times but mostly when ade say "why was no-one taking down the air support !" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

krudler wrote: »
    didnt know you were asian Ade :pac:

Haha if i could thank this again i would

Balfie wrote: »
    i'll admit that I'm one of them that doesn't take out air support when I play with ya ade. But that's cause my aim is so bad that I use the hand guns a lot.. Also I've started to use the cross bow, cause I'm so useless with aim.. I'll set up a class with a strella on it tho, sorry buddy for leaving it to u when I play with ya...

It wasn't aimed at you mate, trust me on that but credit to you for admitting that. What really irks me is that there are 3 or 4 strong players here who absolutely NEVER take down any airsupport. Funny enough, they use high killstreaks regularly too.

I run 3-4-8 set up for 95% of games since around 6th prestige(?) I do everything to put the enemy off and give our team the advantage. If I want to be a selfish K/D prat, I'll use a chopper gunner, gunship and dogs but no, I like making things easier for all of us by doing what I do.

Think it was Cody yesterday or the day before who asked how do I keeping doing so well consistently. I'm decent as it is, but I make sure the enemy doesn't have any advantage over me by taking down anything.

Not saying for people to constantly go around with a strella but at least when you die by a chopper gunner or their is constant enemy UAV, switch to ghost and take down all that is above.

I haven't unlocked the strella yet, but when I do, it will go to my top class slot and when I need to call upon it, I will.

I'll say it a million times over. People make this game so soooooooooooo difficult for themselves and then wonder why they aren't getting the scores they feel they should be getting.

If I'm getting the scores I do and take down enemy air support on top of that, what's stopping others? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not going to mention names, but I'm going to be very blunt about this. If you triple cap at every single given opportunity or just rushing into their spawn continually. You're intelligence must be questioned. Games are over complicated due to plain stupidity, and it seems to be it at it's worst vs against near full clans who are better players than the average muppet randomer.

Also, besides myself and one or two other people. Nobody helps take out enemy air support. Even the more consistently strong players for that matter don't help. Just trawl through my games as see how much crap I take down with a strella.

I just find it all mind boggling tbf.

Oh and I know the above should be in the megabitch thread. But it's gotten to the point where every single guy who plays on the PS3 with me should know how I feel. Maybe I should should stick on chopper gunner, dogs and what not and entirely base my game around kills and nothing else like some people here -_-

I'm too honest for my own good, I'll offend people possibly. But I play to win, and win in as comfortably and as stress free as possible. The odd tough game is fine. But I don't want it be a self-inflicted cluster**** every game.

People that triple cap get on my nerve something serious, nearly as bad as playing against a full team by yourself and 5 other randomers while your entire team sits in their own spawn while you try to win the game on your own.

I would ask everyone to use low killstreaks if i was you ade, its something that really bugs me when grouped with boardsies is that the same 2 or 3 people are always running blackbird/chopper and dogs. Becomes very monotonous after a while. If everyone was using say 3/4/5 or something that isnt choppers/dogs/gunships it would be more fun for everyone involved and obviously make the games easier and more gun on gun action packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Yeah, I agree with Ade. Though I take down air support feck all unless it's a chopper or attack chopper despite running the strella alot :o.
    Also , the LAW, or whatever it is, is unlocked from the get go, as a result, everyone should be able to take down a spyplane or counter spyplane etc. Strella is only needed for the killstreaks with flares. Was using those turrets today earlier but got well sick of them as they took me out of the game for 20 seconds or so. That coupled with dickhead team mates taking them on me I soon switched over to the CUAV again.

For all the kill-whores who never make it to 8 kills too. Please just bring down the killstreaks a little bit, or at least team with someone running the low ones.

I like Ade always use low killstreaks, not necessarily because I'm trying to help the team (mostly selfish randomers), but because if I tried for blackbird/chopper/dogs every game the disc would be in pieces by now. :p

I do try and shoot down all air support if I can, but admittedly get lazy and sometimes I'll leave spy/counter planes up.

The UAV is one of the best killstreaks in the game, even on TDM if 2-3 people who are average players are running it and keep it up constantly you'll mangle the other team, purely because you'll know where most of them are all the time. I usually do 3-5-7 or 5-7-11 if i'm in a killwhoring mood on MW2 but its the kids who think being a sniper and having 7-11-25 on is a good idea, muppets.

Magill wrote: »
    People that triple cap get on my nerve something serious, nearly as bad as playing against a full team by yourself and 5 other randomers while your entire team sits in their own spawn while you try to win the game on your own.

I would ask everyone to use low killstreaks if i was you ade, its something that really bugs me when grouped with boardsies is that the same 2 or 3 people are always running blackbird/chopper and dogs. Becomes very monotonous after a while. If everyone was using say 3/4/5 or something that isnt choppers/dogs/gunships it would be more fun for everyone involved and obviously make the games easier and more gun on gun action packed.

It'll be a cold in hell before that happens ie: altering killstreaks.

Another point is the fact that if your team have constant artillery air support, the likelihood of the enemy quitting too is quite high.
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    I like Ade always use low killstreaks, not necessarily because I'm trying to help the team (mostly selfish randomers), but because if I tried for blackbird/chopper/dogs every game the disc would be in pieces by now. :p

I do try and shoot down all air support if I can, but admittedly get lazy and sometimes I'll leave spy/counter planes up.

Swine :D

Well one things for sure, I won't be using dogs anytime soon :mad: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

my Psn is EVIL-Knivil0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dam Ade.. is it that time of the month?? Has aunt FLOW come to visit?? :D

you is on a angerstreak lol! :D

Fully understand the rage thou.. I always run SR71 (as should every1 in the entire world of blops) and counter spy plane coz it fragments the enemy I feel plus it allows for countering an SR71..

was running CP for a while but dont have the patience for it now..

I always take out air support if its a chopper gunner or hind.. and most of the time attack choppie (but not always).. Used to take out CUAV and UAV but found myself searching for them for too long sometimes and gave up on it..

will be on all night if any1 wants to send an invite..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

on my last prestige I always ran the sam turrets.. Gonna switch back to that to help out the team.. Some games I'd get 5 or 6 of them things, so I might aswell use them..

Lol, nah. It's been on my mind a lot for a long time now, there are a couple of others who have been thinking the same way too. But I decided to take it upon myself to speak for a handful of people and voice OUR opinion on it and tbh mate, it won't go down well with some but sure, I'll bare the brunt of it if needs be :D

I'm sure there are a good few here who like playing with certain people and I'm no different. Why? Because I know 9 times out of 10 I can depend on them if I'm not at the races so to speak.

There's a game the other day, it was CTF on Kawloon. I was in a full party. We had the match won, had the enemy flag and some guy stopped near our spawn and camped there while the rest went for kills and unloading their killstreaks. Thought it was pathetic honestly and that kinda re-ignited the basis of my post. Another example on why the COD community are frankly a bunch of ****.

Anyway, twas good few games there with yourself, Mags and Lee a few moments ago. I'll be on later for a few hours later on before Wrestlemania. Moshpit(IW are idiots) as I've said many times is the perfect game mode when in parties. Also, I'm of the opinion 4 man parties maximum are much more fun then 6 man. But heh, that's just personal preference.

Oh and I unlocked my strella so happy days. That will go straight into class slot 1 and will be called upon when required :)

my Psn is EVIL-Knivil0

Best to check this thread and some of the posters name and match them up with their PSN tags in this thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952610

Liking the username btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Heading on now for a few games

EDIT:

No I'm not, have to run errands

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Heading on now for a few games

EDIT:

No I'm not, have to run errands

Translated: have fap to vids of Miss Olson again ^ -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Il be on as soon as i get knocked out of this poker tournament!

Seeing as everyone is defending themselves il make a case for my defense ;)

I genuinely dont think i have a custom class whereby my secondary is anything other than the Strela (or Law in the early stages of new prestige). Iv learned not to rely on other people taking down enemy air support from playing lots of mercenary moshpit. No one fecking does it & it used to wreck my head .As the saying goes "If you want something done properly you gotta do it yourself!"

I definitely have triple capped flags in the past but i wouldnt consider myself as always doing it. Id be in the completely against it camp tbh. I think when i do it i just happen to run past their flag & its just so damn appealing that i have to have a lie down & capture it!

I rarely if ever use high killstreaks , spy plane - care package - blackbird are my streaks for the majority . Blackbird is always the highest killstreak i use , i rotate the other 2 .

Me personally am all about getting the win, its so much more rewarding coming out of a good competitive game with a win rather than a 31-2 though that is nice also!

IS there a better feeling in COD gaming than beating a clan of 6 who trash talk in the lobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I dont see why anyone has to defend themselves. It's a game. If you don't like playing with someone then don't play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Kersmash wrote: »
    I dont see why anyone has to defend themselves. It's a game. If you don't like playing with someone then don't play with them.

I doubt thats what Ade wanted by his comments but seeing as there are a core group of regulars who play with eachother a lot, it was always gonna happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

i haven't got the strella unlocked yet. and i don't like the other one. i think it's a bit slower to lock onto the target. good craic earlier, don't really play sticks and stones. back using the famas again on my main class, with the ak74u rapid on class 2 if i'm getting torn apart. fire with fire, and all that.

Advertisement