Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Might be on at 7 khad . 5:30 start this morning so won't be on late. Also, I think sniping in cod 4 is easier than In mw2 .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

krudler wrote: »
    My only major gripe with COD4 is the sheer amount of grenades used on it, every 2 seconds theres one going off or seemingly chasing you down hills, I swear one night someone had homing grenades, no matter how far i tried to run the things just killed me, even if the damage indicator was barely visible, aside from that its a much better game overall than MW2 or Blops, sniping isnt as easy as MW2 but not as pain in the hole inaccurate as BLops and the maps are great. Way more balanced as well, and the 3-5-7 killstreak setup is great.

Well despite dare I say my undying love :D for COD4, I've never claimed it was perfect. But it as close as perfect.

The problem with COD4 was the blast radius of grenades and spamming of them *on certain maps, namely Wetwork :mad:

Martrydom was the only real annoyance regarding perks and the M16 was overpowered. Juggernaut when sniping could drive you insane too.

But the difference as I have rambled on about numerous times is the pace of the game is soooooooooo much quicker than MW2 and BOPS.

Said on my Twitter last month. Killstreaks advancing from 3-5-7 onwards has derailed the series.

Magill wrote: »
    I'd say you havent gotten worse, theres probably a bunch of reasons why your stats arent as high. You'd have to imagine that the standard would be higher now than in the cod4 days when online console gaming was very new. I cant imagine your aim/gamesense being worse from when you played cod4 either. I'd reckon you were probably alot more try hard and rolled with a good team (Not saying the guys arent good, but again i'd imagine there would have been alot less teams etc in CoD4 compared to now). From what i can tell black ops is very different to CoD4, maybe not as much as MW2 vs CoD4. Seems to be alot more bull**** ways of dying, compared to the standard gun/grenade setup of CoD4, gayc cars, dogs, invisible fire etc. Im the same if i compare my stats in CoD to CS, on the regular pub servers i'd have went on my K/D would be upwards of 6 (Standard SnD type gamemodes with no teammates, just running and gunning, no regen health like in cod etc). With CoD, i really don't gief a fook about me stats, i went tryhard when i started this new account and after a few presteges i was up and down from 2.8-3.0 K/D + W/L with mostly solo TDM. Dropped something serious with montage madness and now i dont really care about the stats as long as we win.

I have said W/L is what I focus on mainly. But the way I look at K/D is - if it's going up = I'm playing good = I'm enjoying myself.. that usually in turn results in a higher W/L = :D

You're right about a good few things in your post though. I will disagree about the standard of player quality in a way however. Sure there are more good players since 2007 when COD4 was released but at the same time, there's hundreds among hundreds of more extremely average-crap players too.

As much as players overall have improved, I've regressed I know that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Anyone that has cod mw1 go home and play it..... its so fu&***cking awsome..... never run out of bullets keep throwing bombs and just keep your finger on the fire button it won't stop firing.... got 46 kills in my last game

Kharrell wrote: »
    I'll watch them when I get home later, but it just shows your human. Your KD probably didn't even take a hit whereas mine does lol.

I do enjoy watching your gameplays, you should def post more of them on Youtube.

Anyone on tonight, around 7ish?

You might want to include todays games as well :s

My K/D has been on a decline for the last month excluding month away obviously. Dropped .14 or something ridiculous like that. I've Gone MIA.

I have footy later and then will watch the golf. Highly doubt I'll be on much after 6pm tomorrow and the weekend.
    LakesKeane wrote: »
    Might be on at 7 khad . 5:30 start this morning so won't be on late. Also, I think sniping in cod 4 is easier than In mw2 .

Elaborate for me? Your the first person I know who has ever said that, so I'm kinda confused how you came to that conclusion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I don't know why, but I do a lot better sniping in cod4 than mw2. no idea why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well despite dare I say my undying love :D for COD4, I've never claimed it was perfect. But it as close as perfect.

The problem with COD4 was the blast radius of grenades and spamming of them *on certain maps, namely Wetwork :mad:

Martrydom was the only real annoyance regarding perks and the M16 was overpowered. Juggernaut when sniping could drive you insane too.

But the difference as I have rambled on about numerous times is the pace of the game is soooooooooo much quicker than MW2 and BOPS.

Said on my Twitter last month. Killstreaks advancing from 3-5-7 onwards has derailed the series.

I agree with this, as much as I love laying the smack down with an ac-130 its made the community as a whole a bunch of greedy, self serving gobsh1tes, let everyone else play the objective and just camp for their harriers and the like. go back to level killstreaks and put everyone on level ground, in cod4 a counter uav is pointless as a uav is up almost constantly during the match for both teams.

If they made COD4 with a smaller blast radius for grenades but on the MW2 engine and tweaked a few things or changed the map colour palettes (cod4 is a little dull on some maps), sex wee.

You might want to include todays games as well :s

My K/D has been on a decline for the last month excluding month away obviously. Dropped .14 or something ridiculous like that. I've Gone MIA.

I have footy later and then will watch the golf. Highly doubt I'll be on much after 6pm tomorrow and the weekend.

Elaborate for me? Your the first person I know who has ever said that, so I'm kinda confused how you came to that conclusion :pac:

Dont know tbh. Just find it more consistent in cod 4 . I wasn't exactly bad In mw2 either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I have said W/L is what I focus on mainly. But the way I look at K/D is - if it's going up = I'm playing good = I'm enjoying myself.. that usually in turn results in a higher W/L = :D

You're right about a good few things in your post though. I will disagree about the standard of player quality in a way however. Sure there are more good players since 2007 when COD4 was released but at the same time, there's hundreds among hundreds of more extremely average-crap players too.

As much as players overall have improved, I've regressed I know that man.

Maybe it applies more to the competitive side of it i guess, where most of those players would have been playing CoD since CoD4. Public gaming has never really been a messure of skill imo, you're never really in those clutch 1v1/2/3 situations(Against an organised team), teamwork and communication isnt an issue, general gamesense doesnt even come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Be on at 8 o clock, Anyone around? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

anyone around at 11 ish? giving MoH a break tonite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Wow! Just after a game of Demolition where I was on the opposite team to a few of the Boards lads. That was unbelievable. I was never in a match where my team was beaten so comprehensively beaten.

We never got near A or B when planting, we held down at our spawn. They planted at B within seconds of the game starting, and planted at A immediately after B detonated.

Anyway, I just wanted to say fair play. You don't realise what it's really like until you're on the other side of a Boards mauling.

It's Called 'IM NOT A TEAM PLAYER' which is why i like BF Bad Company.. its a TEAM Game so is Ghost Recon..

But i do have it and play it once in a While

corkrebel84 add me if you want a team match

Good Games tonight lads, I had great craic, Trigger ur a legend, just for being Trig :D haha, Possibly one of the best nights that I've played, Kills wise, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

dooont stop nooooooooooooooow keep going!!

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    dooont stop nooooooooooooooow keep going!!

I'm gonna answer this with WTF?????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Good games tonight lads! Enjoyed them a lot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

i changed my killstreak to helicopter, had two of them wasted 'coz airspace was full. couldn't believe it. i cursed dhag. that's an impressive combat record. won't be on now till monday, the masters is here

Sorry Balf for leaving so abruptly. Playing crap (though lowering my sensitivity down to 4 did help a little) and having to chase kills does not hold my interest for very long. Even when I used chopper gunner in the past, I usually had used UAV and Counter UAV/Blackbird for the sake of all those concerned.

Easy to maintain high stats when using chopper gunner and/or gunship with dogs. #selfish

That first game you invited me to as soon as I went online was cretinous. I'm note sure which one was your mate, but I had an interesting conversation with the 4.31 K/D guy who like most with a high K/D.. had a pitiful W/L(0..81). Bragged to me he was 7th in Demo overall or some ****e too. Also, you're man shouting at me not to defuse the bomb so to extend the game longer :rolleyes: Luckily for him, I was killed and couldn't defuse in time.

Like Beertons I'll be watching the Masters, but should be on during the day at times. Just handed my last lab report, if the lads with COD4 wish to give it another go tonight, give us a shout.

Should be on later tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

com on lads.. get yourselves on-line!! myself n Balf are beasting it up!

Let's see what a five day cod break will do to you :) going on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll be on asap. Can you use a ps2 power cable in the ps3, I left the ps3 plug up in Sligo :o

Edit - It works, I'll be on by 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yes you can

I won't be on possibley till after 11, sister is watching harry potter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

ill be on again later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Great games tonight with Magill and Lakes, most fun ive had in a long time, was losing interest in Blops before tonight.

Ade, you'd wanna see the messages Hession's (IRA) is saying about you. You're a cn*t and all this :rolleyes:

He's my mate's mate who used to be in my class in secondary school, bit of a dope imo.

Edit - Muse, he messaged me asking who the F you were saying you told him to "grow a pair and stop using second chance". I'm in stitches laughing here. :D

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Ade, you'd wanna see the messages Hession's (IRA) is saying about you. You're a cn*t and all this :rolleyes:

He's my mate's mate who used to be in my class in secondary school, bit of a dope imo.

Edit - Muse, he messaged me asking who the F you were saying you told him to "grow a pair and stop using second chance". I'm in stitches laughing here. :D

Lol what did I do?

Let's face it, anyone IRA as their clan tag and uses second chance is a dope so you don't have to tell me that mate :pac:

• Advertisement

You must have kicked him before, and he thought you kicked him again tonight. I hate playing with him too, never plays the objective.

Advertisement