Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

beertons wrote: »
    I never played zombies before lads, that's why you had to carry me. :D

I was lol'ing for those first 3 or 4 rounds, was hilarious. Think i revived you 3 times in one round :) I sucked too, got a thundergun with my first box and then nothing but handguns or launchers for the next 10 !

Was good craic anyway, will have to get more games of zombies sometime.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I dunno if I'd be rushing back to it. Monkeys, teddy bears and fffing hand guns. That's all I could get. Oh, and killed. Alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Muse, I paid for the game, so I'll play it however the hell I want. I won't resort to the petty personal abuse you have, but suffice to say if you want to take your ball and go home, then don't invite me to a game next time? The sad thing is it's just a GAME, and look at how seriously you're taking it that you'd spoil the community spirit here and take shots at me, calling me a retard and a pussy. I assumed we were all mates here and wouldn't let things stoop to that level, but if you're letting a game get to you that much, you need to grow up IMO.

Dont worry.. I wont be sending any invites your way..

The reason I sent invites is so I can play as a team objectively. The reason I play with boardies is coz we play objectively.

Why bother playing with us if you dont wanna play as a clan/team. Taking advantage of other peoples work is just frustrating and a load of BS!

If you wanna go play as an individual thats fine! I've not got a problem with that! go play as a lone ranger with other randomers and dont bother playing in a group who like to work together!

Simples :D

I never played zombies before lads, that's why you had to carry me. :D
    I dunno if I'd be rushing back to it. Monkeys, teddy bears and fffing hand guns. That's all I could get. Oh, and killed. Alot.

If there is one thing I am useless at it is zombies!! I just get dead all the time.. like I really suck at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

was good alright. could not stop laughing when ye kept goin up in the landing craft :D not bad for my second time on that map and yere 1st ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

My post last week was directed at other people just wanted to state that.

@ Archi,

Everyone is prone to being a bit one sightedness playing COD, anyone who says any different is lying out of his arse including moi. Of course I get swept up by the red mist at times when angry and focus on killing(namely individuals who have irked me throughout a game *check the HQ game on my channel, halfway I get obsessed with killing the Dutchies :D) I usually apolgise afterwards in team games if I do that though and again, this is me and me alone.. I get a tad embarrassed when anything less than 2 caps in Domination for example. The majority play the objective and except those who play with them to do likewise, I hope you can understand that at the very least :)

Anyway, you's won so that's all that matters.. I guess.

Had a feeling the match would end up like this.. will be on fairly soon so. Guests invited to the house -_- so might be disappearing every now and again to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

hypermuse wrote: »
    Dont worry.. I wont be sending any invites your way..

The reason I sent invites is so I can play as a team objectively. The reason I play with boardies is coz we play objectively.

Why bother playing with us if you dont wanna play as a clan/team. Taking advantage of other peoples work is just frustrating and a load of BS!

If you wanna go play as an individual thats fine! I've not got a problem with that! go play as a lone ranger with other randomers and dont bother playing in a group who like to work together!

Simples :D

I wasn't taking advantage of other people's work, it wasn't as if I was sitting back, waiting for you guys to capture and then killing them as they destroy it. 99% of the time I positioned myself between the objective and the other team - if you go back and watch the match in theatre you'll see that the majority of the time I was the first person to die once our team had captured it. We were winning games 250-0, 250-10 etc. all night, it's not as if we were in crunch games that were on a knife edge. My kills were racking up at the start of the game, and that got me in the mood to just kill hunt, simple as that. Sometimes you prefer killing than capturing. And I think you'll find it's not something I always do, you're the first person whose ever reacted like this to how I play.

All that aside, the fact that you a) told me to f*ck off, b) kicked me from the party and c) called me a retard and a pussy - do you not think that's blowing things out of proportion? You don't think you over reacted even a little? Do you not think that's a fairly sh!tty thing to do considering we're supposed to be a light hearted bunch of lads in here? I'd be disappointed - f*ck it, I'd even be a little bit upset if I wasn't so bloody bemused at why you've taken it so personally and thrown insults my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I wasn't taking advantage of other people's work, it wasn't as if I was sitting back, waiting for you guys to capture and then killing them as they destroy it. 99% of the time I positioned myself between the objective and the other team - if you go back and watch the match in theatre you'll see that the majority of the time I was the first person to die once our team had captured it. We were winning games 250-0, 250-10 etc. all night, it's not as if we were in crunch games that were on a knife edge. My kills were racking up at the start of the game, and that got me in the mood to just kill hunt, simple as that. Sometimes you prefer killing than capturing. And I think you'll find it's not something I always do, you're the first person whose ever reacted like this to how I play.

All that aside, the fact that you a) told me to f*ck off, b) kicked me from the party and c) called me a retard and a pussy - do you not think that's blowing things out of proportion? You don't think you over reacted even a little? Do you not think that's a fairly sh!tty thing to do considering we're supposed to be a light hearted bunch of lads in here? I'd be disappointed - f*ck it, I'd even be a little bit upset if I wasn't so bloody bemused at why you've taken it so personally and thrown insults my way.

On Xbox, I tend to find that someone who gets a chopper gunner obviosuly cant't cap the headquarters, but clears up the space allowing others to do it.

Having some heavy hitter (8,9,11) is good when pub-stomping because you're not really going to need more than 5 people capping.

Also, Tom, Come to XBOX! :pac:

Having some heavy hitter (8,9,11) is good when pub-stomping because you're not really going to need more than 5 people capping.

Well that's the thing, it's not as if I was only out for kills and running with Napalm, Chopper Gunner, Dogs etc. I had Blackbird on and I didn't hear any complaints whenever that went up. I also would have thought that killing the other team (72 times in that game might I add) would have benefited our team too, or maybe I should have just left them to throw grenades at the objective every single time :rolleyes:

All that side, I couldn't care about the "correct" way to play HQ, nor do I care about the debate it brings about. It's HM's OTT reaction that has me baffled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Well that's the thing, it's not as if I was only out for kills and running with Napalm, Chopper Gunner, Dogs etc. I had Blackbird on and I didn't hear any complaints whenever that went up. I also would have thought that killing the other team (72 times in that game might I add) would have benefited our team too, or maybe I should have just left them to throw grenades at the objective every single time :rolleyes:

All that side, I couldn't care about the "correct" way to play HQ, nor do I care about the debate it brings about. It's HM's OTT reaction that has me baffled.

72 Kills aswell as blackbirds thrown up is helping immensly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll be on around half 3 till around half 5

ok.. I did overact a bit! wasnt in the best of moods!

I know your not a ****e selfish player

I just get sick of seeing that kinda play when I play mercenary! I like playing with boardies coz we are almost always guaranteed victory with our objective play...

Just gets frustrating when your doing your best to play the objective and 1 person is going outa their way to not play the objective!

ok.. I did overact a bit! wasnt in the best of moods!

I know your not a ****e selfish player

I just get sick of seeing that kinda play when I play mercenary! I like playing with boardies coz we are almost always guaranteed victory with our objective play...

Just gets frustrating when your doing your best to play the objective and 1 person is going outa their way to not play the objective!

No worries, heat of the moment and all that. Was just a bit taken back is all!

Hug it out?
    let_s-hug-it-out-bitch-7.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

If anyone is on tonight let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

On now for a while ...Nobody online though :/

LakesKeane wrote: »
    On now for a while ...Nobody online though :/

dinner time.. be on in an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I was on earlier with Splinter, Ade, Cody and Kells. Raged worse than ever, constant connection interrupted messages throughout, even threw my pad at the wall :/

dinner time.. be on in an hour

Good stuff :) 2+ people is usually enough :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I'm on now

• Advertisement

Fun sesh lads. Will be on after the golf.
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    I was on earlier with Splinter, Ade, Cody and Kells. Raged worse than ever, constant connection interrupted messages throughout, even threw my pad at the wall :/

I had that earlier when playing with Kells and then Cody, just before you joined us. Fluctuating between 3/4 bar down to 1 bar like it was prone to do in MW2 -_-
    On Xbox, I tend to find that someone who gets a chopper gunner obviosuly cant't cap the headquarters, but clears up the space allowing others to do it.

Also, Tom, Come to XBOX! :pac:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but going from what I've been told from the 360 perspective... plus going from past comments in the 360 thread, the majority if not all use high killstreaks(8 and above) correct?

I'm sorry but I find that boring and mundane gameplay :) I and quite a few lads here could easily run Blackbird, Chopper Gunner, Gunship or Dogs. But what about the rest of my team? It'll be bloody dull for them and no challenge in the slightest overall.

Nobody will admit it, but I'm sure there are a few be it whatever format who use that set up simply for stat whoring/padding or whatever it's called. I'm grateful for those on the PS3 who do not use that crap, I'd like to think the lads feel likewise about me. I'm in the minority of wanting to dominate with my gun, and I honestly like seeing everyone get a fair share of kills as well.

Chasing kills does nothing to hold my interest.

Oh and if we play Zombies later, I'll lash on the headset. I know some of you want to hear(ie: fap) the sound of my voice :D

Yes, it's not difficult to run hardline, get to 7 kills (blackbird) and then sit back and get the next three without too much trouble for dogs/gunship and a chopper gunner.

It's absolutley ****e for the other lads on the team chasing around after dogs trying to get a kill. Fair enough when it's GW with a party of 4 or whatever where there's plenty of kills to go around, not so much with 6 a side teams.

Oh and if we play Zombies later, I'll lash on the headset. I know some of you want to hear(ie: fap) the sound of my voice :D

i will play tonite again ... multiplayer is getting a bit tedious. Dont fall asleep this time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I had that earlier when playing with Kells and then Cody, just before you joined us. Fluctuating between 3/4 bar down to 1 bar like it was prone to do in MW2 -_-

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but going from what I've been told from the 360 perspective... plus going from past comments in the 360 thread, the majority if not all use high killstreaks(8 and above) correct?

I'm sorry but I find that boring and mundane gameplay :) I and quite a few lads here could easily run Blackbird, Chopper Gunner, Gunship or Dogs. But what about the rest of my team? It'll be bloody dull for them and no challenge in the slightest overall.

Nobody will admit it, but I'm sure there are a few be it whatever format who use that set up simply for stat whoring/padding or whatever it's called. I'm grateful for those on the PS3 who do not use that crap, I'd like to think the lads feel likewise about me. I'm in the minority of wanting to dominate with my gun, and I honestly like seeing everyone get a fair share of kills as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ IDD

Actually havent noticed anyone whoring the 8/9/11 the last few nights i've played with boardsies, alot more fun imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

PM63 <3 That is all :P
    I also switched to Counter Spy plane/Napalm/BB Loving it so far

lol if it one thing i cant be blamed its stat whoring.. just check my CR. I think i have a negative K/D :P

PM63 <3 That is all :P
    I also switched to Counter Spy plane/Napalm/BB Loving it so far

Try Spectre and you'll say " pff PM63 " honest to god its my favourite gun after the Commando .. Why di i prestige :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

One thing is the ammo in it is shocking 20 bullets :(

• Advertisement

( Accidentally edited your post, fixed it though :o )

EXTENDED MAGS!

It's the only thing I use on it. Absolutely lethal and very much underrated gun to use. My pepsi emblem looks sexy as fook on it too

Advertisement