Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bobos

Well, PSN is still down, so I'm off to play Fallout 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I love this guys videos, find them hilarious.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

One positive from all of this is how much, even after at least 20 times going through it how I still love COD4 campaign. Motorstorm 2 is awesome too. C't wait to get Apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

One positive from all of this is how much, even after at least 20 times going through it how I still love COD4 campaign. Motorstorm 2 is awesome too. C't wait to get Apocalypse.

COD4's campaign will never be beaten by another COD imo. Ghillie in the mist and the AC130 mission :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Ye could set up a virtual PSN maybe for tonight if ye are dying for a few games.
    XB Connect is an example of how they did it before XBL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

CORaven wrote: »
    Ye could set up a virtual PSN maybe for tonight if ye are dying for a few games.
    XB Connect is an example of how they did it before XBL.

Tell me more Raven..

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Tell me more Raven..

I did it before with my own xbox360 and my PC for AoE2.
    I used a program called hamachi. It creates private network over the net, which you can have control over who can access it by IP and password. On this network, you can connect to other people in your network and effectively have a LAN with them.

What you do is you install hamachi on a pc/laptop and connect your PS3 to your PC/laptop by bridging the internet's connection through the PC. This will allow you to play online with your PS3 as if you were at a LAN with the other people on your hamachi network.

Complex I know, but it is handy to know in case of emergencies :D

*edit* In short, System Link over internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

its still down... :eek:

thank god I went home for the long weekend!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

hypermuse wrote: »
    its still down... :eek:

thank god I went home for the long weekend!! :D

:O home? dude where the fuk u from? I know nothin about ya, wtf is even ur name??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Hey guys did you have fun last ni- OH WAIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

This wouldn't happen on Xbox 360... I wish i still had a Top of the Range PC... and i could day of defeat

if only my Mac Vmware image of windows could only play pc games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cork24 wrote: »
    This wouldn't happen on Xbox 360... I wish i still had a Top of the Range PC... and i could day of defeat

if only my Mac Vmware image of windows could only play pc games

Dont know if they've ever been shut down because of attacks on their servers but im pretty sure they've been offline for more than 24 hours before, someone even said it was offline for over a week at one stage ?

PC gaming could suffer a similar sort of situation if a large hacking group attacked say steams servers, since thats pretty much the XBL/PSN of the PC world.

But come on ok, Servers do go down for updates... BUT on a Bank Holiday ? Sony Servers were hacked.. they allow the hackers in so far and then turn off the Servers ? What is the point of that the whole point is the stop them from getting into your Servers in the first place..

i sick of playing FIFA 11 against the CPU, theirs only so many times i can Create a Tournament..

Xbox as fair as i know has yet to be hack by hackers. but then again Microsoft didnt start a War with Crackers.. as did Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Tbh why are you posting this in the COD forum and not the thread made for this especially?

Magill wrote: »
    Dont know if they've ever been shut down because of attacks on their servers but im pretty sure they've been offline for more than 24 hours before, someone even said it was offline for over a week at one stage ?

PC gaming could suffer a similar sort of situation if a large hacking group attacked say steams servers, since thats pretty much the XBL/PSN of the PC world.

what have hackers going to get out of hacking the Steam Server ? while most of them play pc games ?

I still play day of Defeat in the Web cafe,

But come on ok, Servers do go down for updates... BUT on a Bank Holiday ? Sony Servers were hacked.. they allow the hackers in so far and then turn off the Servers ? What is the point of that the whole point is the stop them from getting into your Servers in the first place..

i sick of playing FIFA 11 against the CPU, theirs only so many times i can Create a Tournament..

Xbox as fair as i know has yet to be hack by hackers. but then again Microsoft didnt start a War with Crackers.. as did Sony.

They didn't "allow" hackers in. The servers aren't down for updates, they're trying to repair them so hackers can't get in again. They clearly didn't go "hey guys, hack this weekend, it's a bank holiday yano".

i know why the servers are down,, for the past few months sony are being attacked..

so if this keeps going whats stopping sony from shutting down the servers for about 1 month.

Money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

OT/
    Never heard of J-Tags so? hacked in one year.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    OT/
    Never heard of J-Tags so? hacked in one year.

He means the XBL service, not an individual unit.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

But come on ok, Servers do go down for updates... BUT on a Bank Holiday ? Sony Servers were hacked.. they allow the hackers in so far and then turn off the Servers ? What is the point of that the whole point is the stop them from getting into your Servers in the first place...

Clearly it is not pointless. Hackers hacked into the PSN servers, so Sony took them offline to prevent the hackers doing further damage. Sony are now attempting to fix the problem so that it doesn't happen again.

Would you prefer if Sony put it up again today and have to take it down consistently when they are hacked, or would you like them to keep it down until at least Tuesday and fix the problem once and for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

CORaven wrote: »
    He means the XBL service, not an individual unit.

I thought he meant X360, when he wrote xbox and not XBL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bobos

-''A source with close connections to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe reports that the attack to the PlayStation Network may be a bit deeper than originally reported by Sony. According to the source, who wishes to remain anonymous, the PSN sustained a LOIC attack (which created a denial-of-service attack) that damaged the server. There was also a concentrated attack on the PlayStation servers holding account information. In addition, “Admin Dev accounts were breached.”

As a result, “Sony then shut down the PSN and [is] currently in the process of restoring backups to new servers with new admin dev accounts.” The SCEE source said Japanese servers may be restored tomorrow while the U.S. and E.U. servers will likely be operational the following day.

While this information is only corroborated via a series of Facebook messages, it is certainly not a stretch. Sony Computer Entertainment America recently confirmed that it pulled down the PSN because of an “external intrusion.” This essentially means that hackers were to blame. Sony is officially conducting a thorough investigation. The PSN and Qriocity services were pulled offline by Sony on Wednesday, April 20.

There was plenty of speculation late this week that the Anonymous hackers group was to blame for the PSN downtime. The group previously targeted Sony in retaliation to the legal action against another hacker. Anonymous has since denied involvement in the current PSN downtime.

Again, this information is from a source who claims to have a very close connection with someone at SCEE. We take these reports for what they are at this time, but it is certainly a possibility. If you have information to share, please do so.

"Everyone deserves the right to know what’s been going on," the source wrote in an email.''-

Balfie wrote: »
    :O home? dude where the fuk u from? I know nothin about ya, wtf is even ur name??

I'm a wexican at heart but living in Dub.. Went back to Wex to be spoilt rotten by mumsie-poo!!:D

Name.. you can call me whatever you want balf!! ;) or Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

hypermuse wrote: »
    I'm a wexican at heart but living in Dub.. Went back to Wex to be spoilt rotten by mumsie-poo!!:D

Name.. you can call me whatever you want balf!! ;) or Eric

Ooooh wexican, an how long ya live up in this great crap hole then? An can I call ya ericsie-poo? :pac:

Balfie wrote: »
    Ooooh wexican, an how long ya live up in this great crap hole then? An can I call ya ericsie-poo? :pac:

Ya can call me sweet-cheeks if it makes ya happy!

Been stuck up hear for 5-6 years now.. cant escape it! :D

Been here for around a year and I still don't know what Krudler's name is, or Remi's for that matter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Seriously.;)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Been here for around a year and I still don't know what Krudler's name is, or Remi's for that matter :p

• Advertisement

It might be Tommy Or Ndx not too sure Kruds is Ryan (pure guess)

Advertisement