Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Getting 50+ kill games, with the Kiparis :eek:

Love it!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Going online for 30-60 mins, timer begins now..

Should have lowered my sensitivity yesterday or the day before.

Dom was the equivalent of headless chickens running around at times guys, by all means losing a flag is fine but don't lose B near a half a dozen games every match :pac: Jungle was head off wall stuff though it must be said. They deserved the win after that comeback. Triple capping us so many times and losing B a dozen times or so >_<

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Oh the crap guns are back with prestiging. Did quiet well on Summit with the Olympia?, all things considering. I hated that gun before today.

Should have lowered my sensitivity yesterday or the day before.

Dom was the equivalent of headless chickens running around at times guys, by all means losing a flag is fine but don't lose B near a half a dozen games every match :pac: Jungle was head off wall stuff though it must be said. They deserved the win after that comeback. Triple capping us so many times and losing B a dozen times or so >_<

Genuine lol moment, the smh commentary and gameplay is nearly yesterday's equivalent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

xCal whines something serious in those livecoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Magill wrote: »

Yeah . Worth it though

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone up for some MW2 shenanigans tonight?

Going back to college tonight for my last exam :(

I will Thursday night onwards when you want to..

Yes, but despite the way he expresses himself, everything he says is right :)

• Advertisement

Mostly anyway, I don't mind his vids, just find his CoD commentaries a bit boring. And he whores the ole dogs/choppers alot. He doesn't post spawn trapping gameplays with overpowered guns tho, so fairplay on that. Diffo a better player than 99% of commentators thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Prob my favorite commentator, Hes actually a beast player unlike most of these other guys who have 1 good game every 10 games.

Mostly anyway, I don't mind his vids, just find his CoD commentaries a bit boring. And he whores the ole dogs/choppers alot. He doesn't post spawn trapping gameplays with overpowered guns tho, so fairplay on that. Diffo a better player than 99% of commentators thats for sure.

He varies it. He shows that he is more than capable of holding down a good score with lesser killstreaks, guns and so on. But yeah he does use chopper gunner and dogs the odd time but in fairness to him he uses 3-8-9/11 set up. So 2 of those killstreaks are benefiting the team. I don't fault him for that though, afterall, he runs on his for the most part. I have no quarrels about that. As we talked about before, it's a different scenario if he was running in 3/4+ parties, spawn trapping continually with high killstreaks and scrub guns :)

Another commentator I like is http://www.youtube.com/user/MrErnestLe
    Some great stuff from worth checking out.

He varies it. He shows that he is more than capable of holding down a good score with lesser killstreaks, guns and so on. But yeah he does use chopper gunner and dogs the odd time but in fairness to him he uses 3-8-9/11 set up. So 2 of those killstreaks are benefiting the team. I don't fault him for that though, afterall, he runs on his for the most part. I have no quarrels about that. As we talked about before, it's a different scenario if he was running in 3/4+ parties, spawn trapping continually with high killstreaks and scrub guns :)

Another commentator I like is http://www.youtube.com/user/MrErnestLe
    Some great stuff from worth checking out.

Yeah indeed, he is a class player.

I've been using too much famas since PSN has been back up, i'll start off using a sniper/scorpions or something but since i play mostly groundwar when on my own, it quickly turns to **** and i'll get stuck with ze worst team-mates in the world ! Its a bit of an ask to try and one man army it in groundwar using kak guns.

Had a really nice game yesterday on villa, solo groundwar dom. Was vs a party of at least 6, started off with the ole L96 and was doing some damage, but sure its impossible to actually control the map with it unless you have some decent team mates. Switched to the famas bout half way and tore them a new asshole basically(Capping/defending ze flags at least).... really proves how overpowered the famas is, at least when compared to a sniper.

Finished like 60-24, 7 caps and 9 defends, 5000+ points (2500+ points above the next guy) and with a lovely triple cap at the end with the scores 197-185 in their favor. In those situations... i think its fair to use a famas :D

I'll probably remove the gun completely from my setups once i stop presteging.

Yeah indeed, he is a class player.

I've been using too much famas since PSN has been back up, i'll start off using a sniper/scorpions or something but since i play mostly groundwar when on my own, it quickly turns to **** and i'll get stuck with ze worst team-mates in the world ! Its a bit of an ask to try and one man army it in groundwar using kak guns.

Had a really nice game yesterday on villa, solo groundwar dom. Was vs a party of at least 6, started off with the ole L96 and was doing some damage, but sure its impossible to actually control the map with it unless you have some decent team mates. Switched to the famas bout half way and tore them a new asshole basically(Capping/defending ze flags at least).... really proves how overpowered the famas is, at least when compared to a sniper.

Finished like 60-24, 7 caps and 9 defends, 5000+ points (2500+ points above the next guy) and with a lovely triple cap at the end with the scores 197-185 in their favor. In those situations... i think its fair to use a famas :D

I'll probably remove the gun completely from my setups once i stop presteging.

Aye, I don't mind people using it as such especially in some circumstances. I just hate that people are so utterly dependent on it and what's worse are the ones who use it and then go on to brag about it thinking they are the dogs bollocks. Smh, boring as hell I find. There was a game yesterday where the entire team were using the Famas, 50/50 or even 60/40 situations in favour of the other player, you're highly likely to be dropped. Simple as. I'm beginning to come around to what you were saying in regards to Famas >> 74u. Rapid fire is my grief with the latter. There's not much in it but overall the Famas just edges it, yeah.

I have a Famas class, it's my gimpy ghost air support class. My god the damage you can do. The end of 13th prestige was the first time I properly gave the Famas and ghost (w/o strella) a go. The scores were unreal, COD4-esque :D The 57-1 on my channel being the highlight. Think the most deaths I had in that 25 game stretch was 4 or 5 o_O Gun (and perk) playing it's part.

Talking to a lad and based on gameplay I've seen, competitive is just a Famas fest, cba'ed with that crap -_- COD4 was the only one to get competitive right for the most part. Apolgises, somewhat drifted into 3 different topics there to an extent.

Aye, I don't mind people using it as such especially in some circumstances. I just hate that people are so utterly dependent on it and what's worse are the ones who use it and then go on to brag about it thinking they are the dogs bollocks. Smh, boring as hell I find. There was a game yesterday where the entire team were using the Famas, 50/50 or even 60/40 situations in favour of the other player, you're highly likely to be dropped. Simple as. I'm beginning to come around to what you were saying in regards to Famas >> 74u. Rapid fire is my grief with the latter. There's not much in it but overall the Famas just edges it, yeah.

I have a Famas class, it's my gimpy ghost air support class. My god the damage you can do. The end of 13th prestige was the first time I properly gave the Famas and ghost (w/o strella) a go. The scores were unreal, COD4-esque :D The 57-1 on my channel being the highlight. Think the most deaths I had in that 25 game stretch was 4 or 5 o_O Gun (and perk) playing it's part.

Talking to a lad and based on gameplay I've seen, competitive is just a Famas fest, cba'ed with that crap -_- COD4 was the only one to get competitive right for the most part. Apolgises, somewhat drifted into 3 different topics there to an extent.

Yeah its hilarious that people think they're amazing when all they use is a famas, its such an easy gun to use. Its rate of fire is almost as good as 74u with RF, theres virtually no recoil and its amazing at long range... oh and its awesome from the hip. I dont really like the 74u tbh, actually think the MP5 is a better gun, at least for my playstyle... think i've gotten like 4 quad clips with it in the last 2 presteges but its got alot of recoil and is sort of ****ty at long range so it evens out. Makes me laugh when commentors post gameplay with either of those guns, i mean even gameplays where they use dogs and chopper i just laugh at them because people think they're amazing even tho most of their kills are from killstreaks.

I actually made a comment on someones vid (I Think it was pwnstar4hire) about how to improve his gameplay (Thats what the video was about) and i said to stop using dogs and chopper but if you did you'd be getting 20-25 kills a game..... the amount of abuse i got from his subs was crazy !!!! I'd much prefer to see 50k/20d gameplays using non-overpowered guns and low killstreaks than a 50-1 High KS game, they're just far more exciting since its non stop action.

Your right about competitive play, but really its the same with every game at a high competitive level. CS is AK/M4 or AWP, MW2 was the same with the famas and UMP, not too familar with CoD4 but at least on the PC im sure most of the players used the same guns.. if not im sure they were all sort of balanced (Thats probably more to do with pro mod than the actual game tho) hell even world of warcraft is the same with their being no room for customizing your spec/stats etc in endgame raiding/pvp.

the amount of abuse i got from his subs was crazy !!!! I'd much prefer to see 50k/20d gameplays using non-overpowered guns and low killstreaks than a 50-1 High KS game, they're just far more exciting since its non stop action.

That can be arranged. Nuketown HQ with Kiparis extended mags. ;)

Just to say I'll use underpowered guns when we're winning and even when spawn trapping. If we're losing or coming close to I'll switch up to the Famass/74u in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

HS is going to be playing (should be trying) some ops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

on ps3? :o

as for the whole guns situation. I do use the famas a good bit when i play but to be honest i prefer the ak47. Likewise i rather the mp5 over the 74u. I've been trying out the other smgs lately. Looking forward to unlocking the kiparis and giving it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yeah I'm the same with The mp5k and 74u even thought its my top used gun.I think I used it more in the 1st prestige but haven't really used it in 2nd,3rd.I <3 the mp5k since I got a 7 man feed with it :D.The skorpion is my other fave aswell only started using it this prestige .I have to admit I use the Famas a bit too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kersmash wrote: »
    on ps3? :o

as for the whole guns situation. I do use the famas a good bit when i play but to be honest i prefer the ak47. Likewise i rather the mp5 over the 74u. I've been trying out the other smgs lately. Looking forward to unlocking the kiparis and giving it a bash.

yes on the ps3, I rented the game to test out the connection, what a waste of time :(

It's so weird using a controller again

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-maintenance-later-today/

Sign in before 4pm tonight if you wanna play at all before 12am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-maintenance-later-today/
    PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.
    The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.
    We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

To late Balfie

I was the one minute later, cause I cared enough about you guys to copy an paste what they said into my post, so you guys wouldn't have to click on the link, an could just read it here.

Stick that in ur one min early Lee. Ya CUNT :P
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You callin' dem boyz tic?

I'm saying I care more about their feelings than u do, chump.. :pac::pac::pac:
    :P

That really hurts

/sniff

Shall we organize another GTA night lads since I missed the last one??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Anyone up for some COD BLKOPS tonight?

tag: iawaitdeathirl

Advertisement