Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Balfie wrote: »
    Shall we organize another GTA night lads since I missed the last one??

Yes we should. I'd prefer it to be The Ballad of Gay Tony multiplayer than regular ol GTA IV multiplayer. But I'll go with which ever way the majority is playing obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

tommy21 wrote: »
    Anyone up for some COD BLKOPS tonight?

tag: iawaitdeathirl

I'll add you when I'm back on the Ps3;)

PSN = Kenno90

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

don't think i'll go back to mw2 for a while. was shocking at it areir. can't get a good run on it like i can with blops.

beertons wrote: »
    don't think i'll go back to mw2 for a while. was shocking at it areir. can't get a good run on it like i can with blops.

I rented it a while back. Took me two days(and a lot rage :o) to get back into the groove of playing it, unfortunately had to return it soon after just as I was getting on a roll. Likewise with COD4.

Going on BOPS, need tea and shrooms first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Mushrooms? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What's going on?

What am I playing and who's joining me?

Good games lads, Sabo especially. CTF if I put on my mic I'd be barking out orders haha. Still need to iron out the rust, I'll be doing that in between UC2 and BOPS this weekend what with the FIFA lads being away for the weekend.

Few things to note, hope you don't mine me saying..

Radiation, whenever you's capped the flag, you's kept going underground which is the main focal point of the map. I was offering an outlet be it left or right, so go side nearest the person on the mini map so he can cover you. In short, communication or more so the lack of it was killing us.

On another note, just watching some of the killcams during Sabo and CTF. Some times pre-firing as you go around a corner when you know someone is around is far and away the better choice. Also, tad prone to ADS a bit too much. With the Famas especially, just hip fire the son bitch likewise the majority of assault rifles and SMG's :) Follow this and your scores will improve. If you see in competitive matches, they were much do this as do all the stronger players.

Oh and yer man Quash is a camping prat as was the Irish guy who was using rapid fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I actually had great fun tonight, for once.. I wasnt really gettin annoyed with Blops like I can do.. Last time I was playing I was gettin such a headache from anger.. That didnt happen tonight, was great craic on the mics with ya's an the banter aswell lads.

Thanks for the games.. Hopefully we can all get together again soon an have the banter again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Great laughs tonight.

Lost my streak. Joined a GW game and forgot and raged. :mad::o

Pity I wasn't recording live. Would have loved to get the "rpg to the sac" killcam and then your reactions to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Great laughs tonight.

Lost my streak. Joined a GW game and forgot and raged. :mad::o

Pity I wasn't recording live. Would have loved to get the "rpg to the sac" killcam and then your reactions to it :D

you wont lose your streak if you quit. It onlys counts as a loss

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Radiation, whenever you's capped the flag, you's kept going underground which is the main focal point of the map. I was offering an outlet be it left or right, so go side nearest the person on the mini map so he can cover you. In short, communication or more so the lack of it was killing us.

I was waiting on a "yo beery, come to the left, we have cake."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Thanks for a great session last night, enjoyed playing with a team that played for the objective. I finish uni today and am at home for the weekend but from monday i'll be on quite a lot. Have a few football matches during the week but apart from those don't see no reason why i won't be available for a few games

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Had great fun last night I must say, some really fun sabo and ctf games. Need to get into theatre for that radiation game that was close on ctf. I managed to kill some guy at Cdom from over the top as he was about to cap, 'twas beautiful /sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

beertons wrote: »
    I was waiting on a "yo beery, come to the left, we have cake."

I hate to break it to you man, the cake is a lie.

If raging doesn't count towards the win streak then I'm still on because I don't think we lost any of the times we finished after ye left.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i've missed playing with you guys *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    i've missed playing with you guys *sniff*

Good fun indeed! You joined the other team on estate though. Bastard.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Good fun indeed! You joined the other team on estate though. Bastard.

I did,then I blowed up all your air supports :D

I did,then I blowed up all your air supports :D

I couldn't get it up :p Yeah, was going for a nooooooooooookkkkk

Sorry lads, I'm totally immersed into Uncharted 2. You buggers went off early so I'll just blame you! :D

Nah seriously though. Was up until 2.30am playing it, off and on all day and loved every second of playing the game so far though one part was driving me LOCO(!) and it had nothing to do with enemies.. more me being tired and daft! Choosing to play it on hard difficulty wasn't a smoove move too but I adore this game so much. If you haven't already played it, just buy it second hand for around 20 euros. Worth every penny x5 over!

Can't wait to get into multiplayer again too.

I said this before on Twitter. But Uncharted 3 I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward too most. I can count on Naughty Dog making a top echelon game. MW3 should be great too, but that's only because IW are having their hand held all the way so to speak.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, I'm totally immersed into Uncharted 2. You buggers went off early so I'll just blame you! :D

Nah seriously though. Was up until 2.30am playing it, off and on all day and loved every second of playing the game so far though one part was driving me LOCO(!) and it had nothing to do with enemies.. more me being tired and daft! Choosing to play it on hard difficulty wasn't a smoove move too but I adore this game so much. If you haven't already played it, just buy it second hand for around 20 euros. Worth every penny x5 over!

Can't wait to get into multiplayer again too.

I said this before on Twitter. But Uncharted 3 I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward too most. I can count on Naughty Dog making a top echelon game. MW3 should be great too, but that's only because IW are having their hand held all the way so to speak.

WOW
    Uncharted 2 = Ganga for El Loco

LakesKeane wrote: »
    WOW
    Uncharted 2 = Ganga for El Loco

Haven't heard/read someone say ganga in near 5 years :o :P

Pick it up today, this weekend or whenever and you'll understand what I'm yapping on about mate. As I said on Twitter, restored my faith in modern day single player games... and gaming as a whole.

edit - haha you know full well I'm worried about MW3 mate. So much so, that if it's ****e.. well yeah you and Lee know our conversations ;)

Pick it up today, this weekend or whenever and you'll understand what I'm yapping on about mate. As I said on Twitter, restored my faith in modern day single player games... and gaming as a whole.

Guy in GTA 4 used to say it quite a bit! Forget is name though ......RASTAAA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Little Jacob ;)

Told ya :cool: its the PS3's Mona Lisa as far as I'm concerned, I've played it 3 times through in full and a handful of levels just arsing about or showing people it trying to convince them to buy it (usually works) what part are you on?

Told ya :cool: its the PS3's Mona Lisa as far as I'm concerned, I've played it 3 times through in full and a handful of levels just arsing about or showing people it trying to convince them to buy it (usually works) what part are you on?

Chapter 20(ish) I think, couple of missions after Seige.

Everything you've said is dead on the money. The little things take me back every time like the witty remarks, the facial expressions, the music, lighting, and that's not even mentioning bloody brilliant gameplay itself is, level design, overall graphics, movement, etc, etc.

I was so hoping that was ManBearPig btw, was a tad disappointed :pac:

Chapter 20(ish) I think, couple of missions after Seige.

Everything you've said is dead on the money. The little things take me back every time like the witty remarks, the facial expressions, the music, lighting, and that's not even mentioning bloody brilliant gameplay itself is, level design, overall graphics, movement, etc, etc.

I was so hoping that was ManBearPig btw, was a tad disappointed :pac:

Have you just stopped and rotated the camera around gawking at the scenery much? I did it constantly, especially on the hotel roof and on the train level, is amazing how the same scenery isnt just repeated over and over like older games, and the Tibetan village level is amazing looking

Have you just stopped and rotated the camera around gawking at the scenery much? I did it constantly, especially on the hotel roof and on the train level, is amazing how the same scenery isnt just repeated over and over like older games, and the Tibetan village level is amazing looking

Aye, did it there alright ha. Stunning.

The Tibetan village, is a wow moment. Just stood at one of the fences for a few moments and looked around. Beautifully designed as is everything in the game in truth.

Have you played the game on Crushing difficultly yet? I had small chat with the lad in Gamestop. He's a PS trophy hunter, commented on how UC2 game namely on Crushing + trying to earn platanium nearly broke him, so much so he had to trade it in because it was driving him insane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i love when people working in game stores actually play games!

• Advertisement

Aye, did it there alright ha. Stunning.

The Tibetan village, is a wow moment. Just stood at one of the fences for a few moments and looked around. Beautifully designed as is everything in the game in truth.

Have you played the game on Crushing difficultly yet? I had small chat with the lad in Gamestop. He's a PS trophy hunter, commented on how UC2 game namely on Crushing + trying to earn platanium nearly broke him, so much so he had to trade it in because it was driving him insane :pac:

I dabbled lol wasnt for me, stupidly frustrating games annoy me (and me a MW2 player :pac: )

It is a stunning looking game, did you pet all the cows in the village? you get a trophy for that lol when you finish it you can unlock other character skins, playing as fat Drake is funny watching him waddling around the levels

Advertisement