Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I've said umpteen times in the past. Domination is hilariously and pathetically easy :pac:

That building in the middle of WMD is class. Very easy to control the game from that building. Windows overlooking B and C !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Or the one opposite for A and B. And both bomb sites in Demo, epic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

WP'ed lads.

Dom was summed up by one player in those last two matches, the top ranked player. Camped upstairs the entire time with his little claymore or sensor and picked us off as we went for B. He did nothing else, all to get his precious killstreaks. Still, the rest of the games were great fun especially the Radiation game :D

Good to see you use C4 more regularly too Lee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i really hate playing with people that dont bother getting flags, they rather just build up their killstreaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I still can't get the full nack of them, sometimes they give mt hitmarkers, if hitmarkers at all.

Was sniping more than anything tonight. Friend mentioned maybe making a minitage so I was messing around at times trying to get some nice kills. The only thing is the effort of finding all small clips, uploading them 1 by 1 to Youtube, downloading, putting them together, and uploading again. :( How do ya do it Tallon...

That guy in Nuketown was doing my head in, was in a good mood until we came up against him, so I had to leave early.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    i really hate playing with people that dont bother getting flags, they rather just build up their killstreaks

Well when in a negative situation, there are times where you need to pick up a killstreak or two before really pushing on. I keep churning, yes churning out the UAV's, sentries(which proved pointless) and Blackbird.

@ Eamo, you were awesome on Radiation. My MOTM :pac: 5 Captures, 11 defences and 3/1 K/D, this despite being 5vs7 the entire match. Only one on their team hadn't prestiged.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I still can't get the full nack of them, sometimes they give mt hitmarkers, if hitmarkers at all.

Was sniping more than anything tonight. Friend mentioned maybe making a minitage so I was messing around at times trying to get some nice kills. The only thing is the effort of finding all small clips, uploading them 1 by 1 to Youtube, downloading, putting them together, and uploading again. :( How do ya do it Tallon...

That guy in Nuketown was doing my head in, was in a good mood until we came up against him, so I had to leave early.

Nice little couple of no scopes there ;)

Well when in a negative situation, there are times where you need to pick up a killstreak or two before really pushing on. I keep churning, yes churning out the UAV's, sentries(which proved pointless) and Blackbird.

@ Eamo, you were awesome on Radiation. My MOTM :pac: 5 Captures, 11 defences and 3/1 K/D, this despite being 5vs7 the entire match. Only one on their team hadn't prestiged.

I had great craic in those games alright. Dom is sabage with a good 3/4 players :D

I capturned the flag 5 times and releasing uav's like no tomorrow. U and others barely had 1 or even 0 in some cases. We lost by 2 pts in the end getting a flag would of won us the game i think

I capturned the flag 5 times and releasing uav's like no tomorrow. U and others barely had 1 or even 0 in some cases. We lost by 2 pts in the end getting a flag would of won us the game i think

?? Easy now, I'll have a look in theater tomorrow but I reckon I had at LEAST one cap. . I know 1 flag would've done it but it wasn't easy with the chopper gunner in the air and getting spawn killed. I was trying for ages to get that last cap when they had two flags and we were like 185 to 170 up. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

im sorry lakes but stuff like that really pisses me off. I dont mind it if our team is well out in the lead but other wise im not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I've said umpteen times in the past. Domination is hilariously and pathetically easy :pac:
    I agree but only if you have a team that actually bothers to help cap flags and not just build up their kill streaks

Well tbf HS, I'm not sure what game your on about. I think it might be the last one Nuketown but I'm not sure.

I really don't have to defend my style whatsoever and having played with leeg and lakes for a long time now, I can safely say they are team players.

I'm usually the one running 3-4-8 killstreaks and I lost count of the number of times when we played Sabotage on MW2 where I'd run 3-4-5 all for the sake of the team. Where it seemed the majority of you's were running higher ones. It's not a jab at you's.

Speaking for myself, if I wanted to focus on kills I would have ran my usual set up that includes Chopper gunner and my killer poodles. I could have easily have gotten 100 kills a couple of times tonight. I could have legged it about and ignored all flags like most Youtube commentators and 100 kills would have been minimum for sure.

I worked my arse off to keep our lone flag in the tough games all night, theater can prove it. If I as well as others didn't do that we would have lost a lot more sooner. The only flag I focus on is B and you can see on theater how many times. I'd ignore the flag nearest to us in the beginning just so I run and get B. B is key.

I'm all for capping 3 flags but it's frankly stupid to do so on Nuketown especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Magill wrote: »
    Nat 1 is only achieveable if you are connected directly to the internet without a router

My connection test (i.e. nothing to do with Black Ops) says I have Nat 1 and I use a router :confused:

im sorry lakes but stuff like that really pisses me off. I dont mind it if our team is well out in the lead but other wise im not a fan

There are times and entire matches where it's hard to focus on the score when your completely dominated by the enemy. I rarely look at the score during public matches(comp is different). Part of that is because I rarely lose objective games, call it arrogance if you want.. Idk. I know it's not.

I cap, I plant and I defend. Simple as. I don't over complicate the game like most do.

For example that HQ game 2 nights ago on Grid against the clan, I honestly didn't know the score of that match till the match was over. There was only a few points in that match in the end if I'm not mistaken.

You could have gave a shout out about the score if you wanted. I didn't hear squat from you or anyone.

Just to add, on Nuketown it's even more stupid to be running for flags like a headless chicken constantly especially B and basically giving the enemy their killstreaks. The game ended once your man got a Chopper Gunner up. Only 2 people bothered trying to take it down. One was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Enjoying my snow day so ill be on cutting people in half (Splinter :P ) with the m60 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

jesus lads the handbags are out!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Try it... I'm stuck in work and hitting gamestop before home to pick up ax pros...

Kersmash wrote: »
    jesus lads the handbags are out!

No handbags in the slightest.

HS was p'ed off at a loss, fair enough. Seems like he thinks me and the others weren't playing the objective, or at least it comes across like that. I was defending myself and the other lads, I think my gameplay in the objective sense in the past speaks for itself likewise lee and lakes. Nuketown is a cluster**** as we all know. Some of the lads were trying to cap all 3 flag, on Nuketown(!), that annoyed me I'll say that now. It's not very bright IMO. I only wanted 2 so focused on defending my flag and capping B only which I failed all but once.

If I weren't playing the objective(and thus play only for kills) I would have thrown on a chopper gunner and dogs. As said, there were 100 kill games very achievable last night. Instead I ran with arguably the worst killstreak(sentry gun) in the game and 2 UAV based perks.

i watched over the video there now

You defended well alright but that can be looked another way, what disappoints me is you were near flag C and didnt bother going for it

I dont want to bother harping on about this so ill just forget it, move on with my life some how :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You defended well alright but that can be looked another way, what disappoints me is you were near flag C and didnt bother going for it

I dont want to bother harping on about this so ill just forget it, move on with my life some how :pac:

I bet you if i looked at your fileshare i could find a dozen games where you were right beside an objective and didnt cap/plant/defuse. Get over it... its only a game.

Feck sake lads, LEAVE IT!

I bet you if i looked at your fileshare i could find a dozen games where you were right beside an objective and didnt cap/plant/defuse. Get over it... its only a game.
    I wasnt really talking to you. I hardly play the likes of dom etc, im strictly tdm man
    LakesKeane wrote: »

will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I wasnt really talking to you. I hardly play the likes of dom etc, im strictly tdm man

I know, sorry for butting in... just seemed a bit pathetic to come on to boards blaming people because you lost a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I have quite a good Dom score.

I don't care what the rest of my team do, more caps for me.

1 or 0 caps is weak ass though.

LakesKeane wrote: »

It's a debate man. I'm not furious at HS or anything, I'd hope the feeling is the same :)

Fair enough. I did say B was my aim previously and it will always be for the most part on any map. On Nuketown that's all I'll focus on. I'll just say there are times where I'm sure you've have done likewise in the past be it Domination, HQ. People kept running to B like headless chickens though. You need to pick and choose your moments in objective games especially when being dominated.

I think some of the lads here know of my rants on headless chickens playing this game, I rather not be one and basically give the enemy their air support :pac:

I'll have to have watch of this match later on now :D, twas the last game on Nuketown yeah?

edit - It was fairly late btw and I wanted to watch the live Smackdown too(which was terrible btw) ;)

I know, sorry for butting in... just seemed a bit pathetic to come on to boards blaming people because you lost a game.

nope I wasnt blaming anyone

If you want to play dom play objectively if not play tdm

I couldnt give a toss if we lost or not but I do kinda care if someone plays objectively or not tbh

its a pet hate of mine

btw ade im not giving out about you or any thing like that

just debating

btw ade im not giving out about you or any thing like that

just debating

Likewise. Though in my original post I was a tad bemused by your comment to say the least I can admit that, more so because I had no clue what game you were on about :pac: I don't mind being critiqued but I can safely say, I was doing my best to defend the flag for the most part on Nuketown.

Like I said, I'll have a wee look later on at the game as I'm somewhat intrigued :D

I'll be on in an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saucer of milk to the COD forum, saucer of milk :pac:

Good to see some competitive debate going on here though

Advertisement