Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Had good fun playing on my own. Played Demo and CTF. CTF was insane fun, must play it more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks just a quick question

My aiming isnt the best of late, if you see the video below, im miles away from hitting ya man near the car after hearing the 1st fella coming but **** it up

Iv tried numerous sensitivities but no avail and gone back to sensitive 3

I still get high scores and often the best player but I want to go to that next level and my bloody aiming is letting me down

I also wonder could it be my ps3 controller, I do find the joysticks a bit to sensitive to turn if you get my drift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Try hardened pro as it reduces weapon flinch as you're being shot, and by the looks of it he was shooting you before you had your aim on him.

I used to use 2 in Mw2 (never bothered changing), and now I'm on 5 in Blops. Personally it's easier to turn and find guys if they're out of your line of sight, or are running. It mighn't necessarily be better for you, and 3 might suit you better.

I got my bullets off before him and was well off with aiming

Nothing to do with flinching in this situation

its like I find it hard to get my red dot (in this case) on the enemy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm playing this most of the day, I'm loving it.

Also recorded a new Bastard :)

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    I'm playing this most of the day, I'm loving it.

Also recorded a new Bastard :)

Mw2/Blops/Cod4?

somewhere DD has exploded

Blops and MW2

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

Wouldn't mind a few games of blops if any1 is on. Fed up with **** teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Headshot wrote: »
    folks just a quick question

My aiming isnt the best of late, if you see the video below, im miles away from hitting ya man near the car after hearing the 1st fella coming but **** it up

Iv tried numerous sensitivities but no avail and gone back to sensitive 3

I still get high scores and often the best player but I want to go to that next level and my bloody aiming is letting me down

I also wonder could it be my ps3 controller, I do find the joysticks a bit to sensitive to turn if you get my drift

TBH, thats just analogs for ya, im sure everyone has moments where they're aim is off. That guy was sitting waiting for you anyway, seen you shoot the other guy and had his sights aimed at the corner. Not like he was standing in the open either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dude, I had that same problem earlier this year. I think you can half guess what came next :(

Backup whatever data you have on your HDD just incase. I lost so much stuff you wouldn't believe.

All I can I can say is groan!! major super thanks for the heads up bud!! Thats one of those things I say I will do but will never pull my thumb out!
    Balfie wrote: »
    Last night, while in the lobby with you and Kenno, a game started, and I got stuck on the loading screen, then it said game lobby closed, an then popped up signed outta playstation network, so I signed back into playstation network an tried to join ya's, but got stuck on the loading screen again, so I had to quit game, an when I done that the playstation froze, made a mad beeping sound an then went back on, has happened 4 or 5 times so far in black ops, maybe more, never had a "re-building database" message tho, but I only have my playstation just over a year.

This happens to me constantly!! like at least once a day!! my playstation is just bout a year old aswel.. bought it for myself after xmas last year! Has never happened on any other games but have been playing blops solid now since I got it!

Magill wrote: »
    TBH, thats just analogs for ya, im sure everyone has moments where they're aim is off. That guy was sitting waiting for you anyway, seen you shoot the other guy and had his sights aimed at the corner. Not like he was standing in the open either.

I know no player willl have perfect aiming with analogs but idk im just finding of late my aiming is just not good enough especially with the commando which i like.

I did buy KontrolFreek FPS Freeks yesterday so ill see will that make a difference

Well I just had a game with 1 sensitivity, its really stiff alright but my aiming was much better I thought, of course your movements are slower I think but my aiming is much better. That was just one game thou so ill have a few more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'd stay well away from 1 sensitivity unless you're a conservative player . . Like turning around in tar imo !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

hypermuse wrote: »
    All I can I can say is groan!! major super thanks for the heads up bud!! Thats one of those things I say I will do but will never pull my thumb out!

This happens to me constantly!! like at least once a day!! my playstation is just bout a year old aswel.. bought it for myself after xmas last year! Has never happened on any other games but have been playing blops solid now since I got it!

I havent been playing it that much, but it happened in my first time to go onto multiplayer on blops too..

Only other game it has happened on is Need For Speed Undercover.. Quite a few times on that game but I bought it second hand outta Xtravision..

My plan is to climb up the ladder, get really use to 1 and from there go on

My advice HS is to go from 2, especially if you were at 3 before. 1 seems a bit low imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Headshot wrote: »
    My plan is to climb up the ladder, get really use to 1 and from there go on

1 is ridiculously painfully slow.. Don t even know how you managed a whole match with it..

Higher sensitivity is defo more twitchy but lets you react faster! I generally increase it every now and then but it does take quite a bit of time to adapt!

Can see where your coming from with the idea of moving up the scale slowly but starting that low just seems very stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I play on 10 just cause im insane.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

right lads, stupid question time. how do you change those settings?

• Advertisement

In game:
    Start, options, sensitivity, choose :p

You can do it from the menu but I forget (haven't been online in a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I just started to use 5.. I had used 3 in MW2, and started on 3 in Blops, didn't really like it, went to 4, was quicker to react, but not as fast as I would like, now I am using 5, and I find I'm getting onto people quicker, but sometimes too quick and I go past the mark that I want to aim at.. Might have to lower it back to 4... I've been playing crap lately..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No exam till Wenesday means I shall make my kill whoring return later tonight :cool:

Whether it's COD4 or BOPS I'am unsure, depends on who is on what ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ill try pop on for a while, will depend whos in the house when i get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I have been making up for lost time since I replaced my playstation. Flying up the levels on black ops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

COD 4 has arrived at home :)
    Expect me to be on friday night. Lovely Jubly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'll be on tonight, dun mind if its Bops or CoD4.

I'm on now

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll be on around 7.

• Advertisement

lol, @ first two tags. I wonder who did those :D

Advertisement