Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I might be on soon, playing this addictiviveiveness of a game for a while, dunno if any of ye have ever played it..

Cod4 sounds good though

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

poor ade the hacking I think has got the better of him

It was pure mayhem in one match where we broke the sound barrier and have infinite noob tubing

I lol'ed

the days of cod 4 and mw2 are over im afraid

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Saw this a few days ago but worth posting now..

Sums up my feelings for the most part. 2 games just there and a few games about an hour ago, all hacked.

I really cba'ed playing BOPS :(

what does cba'ed mean ?

Oh and could they hack lobbies ff there was dedicated servers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cant Be Arsed.

And no, the only way they could hack would be on an individual basis, like on PC games.

• Advertisement

ade and lee have seen the light

fair due lads

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sorry lads, won't let me join.

Error.
    Your playlist data is newer than the hosts's. You will be unable to play with them until they restart to get the new playlists.

Meaning, you've been on it all night!

Sticks and Stones King right here.

Bow down and kiss the tomohawk :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

beertons wrote: »
    Sorry lads, won't let me join.

Error.
    Your playlist data is newer than the hosts's. You will be unable to play with them until they restart to get the new playlists.

Meaning, you've been on it all night!

getting the same, cant join any invite

restarted my ps3 hang on, **** this game.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    restarted my ps3 hang on, **** this game.

No krud, im pretty sure the lads have to restart their ps3's

fcuking Treyarch, sort the ps3 version out!

Headshot wrote: »
    ade and lee have seen the light

fair due lads

I more or less said my piece here dude incase you missed it -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70097729&postcount=2239

Like I told Lee earlier, I really like a lot of the new stuff added such as dolphin dive, wager matches, a load of new modes include classic TDM ie: COD4 TDM and a few other things. It's just all poorly executed by Treyarch(and Activision) botching the PS3 version. *Puts on tin foil hat* I was of full belief this is a plan that say MS, Treyarch and Activsion were in cahoots together but after listening to Next Gen Tactics, it's seems this isn't anything new. New I mean as in Treyarch being ****tards when it comes to PS3 ie: COD3 and WaW.

MW2 is far worse than any other COD when it came to BS stuff but at least it ran smoothly.

I will 90% likely sell it within the next couple of days.

_

Great few games lads, especially enjoyed Wager Matches we played. Gun Game was intense. I went on a mental humiliating spree, 8 kills I think it 3 minutes. If I can't win, nobody can win mhhhaawaahahwah :P

Crossbow sucks.

I more or less said my piece here dude incase you missed it -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70097729&postcount=2239

Like I told Lee earlier, I really like a lot of the new stuff added such as dolphin dive, wager matches, a load of new modes include classic TDM ie: COD4 TDM and a few other things. It's just all poorly executed by Treyarch(and Activision) botching the PS3 version. *Puts on tin foil hat* I was of full belief this is a plan that say MS, Treyarch and Activsion were in cahoots together but after listening to Next Gen Tactics, it's seems this isn't anything new. New I mean as in Treyarch being ****tards when it comes to PS3 ie: COD3 and WaW.

MW2 is far worse than any other COD when it came to BS stuff but at least it ran smoothly.

I will 90% likely sell it within the next couple of days.

Way more fun too, I reckon I'll trade Blops in for Mass Effect 2 at the weekend, time to take a break from the COD series for a while, I'll still hop in and out of MW2 but I cant be bothered with Blops anymore, its just dull beyond belief to play. MW2 has a lot of frustrating bullsh1t, but man when you get a good game going you cant beat it.
    Played a few games with Lee there (before my connection dropped, sorry! was dicking around with the router trying to get open nat earlier and my flatmate couldnt log on to the net so rebooted it) and had more fun in that 20 mins or so than all night on Blops.

The only two maps I enjoy playing on Blops are Summit and Nuketown, at least Nuketown is hectic enough where its a laugh, but every other map has sh1tty spawn points and boring layouts. Yuo can even tell other players dont give a fcuk about the game most of the time, you always see people dropping in and out of games, instead of ragequitting Blops I yawnquit, oh look its 5 minutes into a 10 minute game and both teams have a score less than 2000, wow this is thrilling stuff alright.

Way more fun too, I reckon I'll trade Blops in for Mass Effect 2 at the weekend, time to take a break from the COD series for a while, I'll still hop in and out of MW2 but I cant be bothered with Blops anymore, its just dull beyond belief to play. MW2 has a lot of frustrating bullsh1t, but man when you get a good game going you cant beat it.
    Played a few games with Lee there (before my connection dropped, sorry! was dicking around with the router trying to get open nat earlier and my flatmate couldnt log on to the net so rebooted it) and had more fun in that 20 mins or so than all night on Blops.

The only two maps I enjoy playing on Blops are Summit and Nuketown, at least Nuketown is hectic enough where its a laugh, but every other map has sh1tty spawn points and boring layouts. Yuo can even tell other players dont give a fcuk about the game most of the time, you always see people dropping in and out of games, instead of ragequitting Blops I yawnquit, oh look its 5 minutes into a 10 minute game and both teams have a score less than 2000, wow this is thrilling stuff alright.

Np, figured you would've at least waited till the game was over to log out :). I think it was 8:43 left in the game that I got first blood on WMD with Ade earlier on, nuff said really.

I do agree about the map argument in the main. I wasn't a huge fan of the maps in MW2 except for Favela, Terminal, Afghan and Bailout. In BOPS I only like Launch and Summit(a certain to be in my top 10 COD maps of all time). The rest I'm fairly indifferent to.

edit - Radation is quite good too, and is the best all round map in the game IMO.

Each to their own as I've said many a time. But MW2 was nothing more than a Michael Bay movie aimed at a certain audience. A younger audience. This coupled with the fact that average players could do well fairly consistently and that is what bothered me the most. I like my kills being more gun based and why I lean heavily towards both COD4 and to a lesser extent BOPS.

2 perks(second chance and ghost) and 1 killstreak(RC Cars) bother me a lot but nowhere near the frustration of being M/L/C'ed, a person depending on the OMA Class or people playing(ie: camping with cretinous set ups) just for their godforsaken precious nukes.... and the last point was an obsession for so many that it spilled over into objective game types and ruined them in the process. It's filtered into BOPS but to a far lesser extent.

To conclude, MW2 killed a lot of my interest in the series and I'll always have a disdain for it. If it weren't for boards I'd have traded it in a lot sooner.

You and me are going to disagree till the end of time on this one Krud :pac:

I do agree about the map argument in the main. I wasn't a huge fan of the maps in MW2 except for Favela, Terminal, Afghan and Bailout. In BOPS I only like Launch and Summit(a certain to be in my top 10 COD maps of all time). The rest I'm fairly indifferent to.

edit - Radation is quite good too, and is the best all round map in the game IMO.

Each to their own as I've said many a time. But MW2 was nothing more than a Michael Bay movie aimed at a certain audience. A younger audience. This coupled with the fact that average players could do well fairly consistently and that is what bothered me the most. I like my kills being more gun based and why I lean heavily towards both COD4 and to a lesser extent BOPS.

2 perks(second chance and ghost) and 1 killstreak(RC Cars) bother me a lot but nowhere near the frustration of being M/L/C'ed, a person depending on the OMA Class or people playing(ie: camping with cretinous set ups) just for their godforsaken precious nukes.... and the last point was an obsession for so many that it spilled over into objective game types and ruined them in the process. It's filtered into BOPS but to a far lesser extent.

To conclude, MW2 killed a lot of my interest in the series and I'll always have a disdain for it. If it weren't for boards I'd have traded it in a lot sooner.

You and me are going to disagree till the end of time on this one Krud :pac:

Probably:D but you've a valid point, there is a lot of hair tearingly annoying stuff in MW2, me and Lee were in a game on Trailer Park earlier and this gombeen on the other team was launching Javelins from one end to the other, I spent half the game looking up to see where it was going to land :rolleyes:

I'll berate MW2 as much as anyone, the community are by and large complete dickheads,you only have to look at the comments in a youtube video to see, they're obsessed with stupid stuff like noooks and gun camos, have ruined countless games with boosting, hacking, and general playing like complete **** with OMA setups tucked away in a corner bombarding the map with random grenades, IW ignored nearly all the complaints from genuine players for reasons talked about to death on here, and the game has given the whole CoD image a battering.

The Michael Bay comparison is a good one, I love a good, intelligently written movie with a plot and characters, but sometimes, I just wanna watch sh1t blow up :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Seen as a few of yee are leaving Blops, and MW2 is ruined, is there any game we could all play together, that doesn't have hacked lobbies?

Seen as a few of yee are leaving Blops, and MW2 is ruined, is there any game we could all play together, that doesn't have hacked lobbies?

out of what I have, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, all great craic online. Maybe its time we all moved to BFBC2 :pac: is anyone interested in Killzone 3 when it comes out? its a much different playstile to MW2 but KZ2 is fcuking hectic to play online.

"I'm going playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead of this piece of crap" :D

The only games I have are MW2, BO, GT5 and Assassin's Creed 2. Must get some of the must haves people keep mentioning.

• Advertisement

out of what I have, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, all great craic online. Maybe its time we all moved to BFBC2 :pac: is anyone interested in Killzone 3 when it comes out? its a much different playstile to MW2 but KZ2 is fcuking hectic to play online.

Killzone 3 looks awesome tbh, diffo getting it.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    "I'm going playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead of this piece of crap" :D

The only games I have are MW2, BO, GT5 and Assassin's Creed 2. Must get some of the must haves people keep mentioning.

for the love of Zeus get Uncharted 2, its one of the best games ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Played the killzone3 beta and thought it was good but they need to balance certain things, Having an invisibility cloak is ridiculous and also been able to disguise yourself as the other team is nooby as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

iMuse wrote: »
    Played the killzone3 beta and thought it was good but they need to balance certain things, Having an invisibility cloak is ridiculous and also been able to disguise yourself as the other team is nooby as hell.

Surely that invisibility thingy is timed and the disguise is timed too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Surely that invisibility thingy is timed and the disguise is timed too right?

Yeah its timed but my thoughts where that the time needs to be reduced. Seriously annoying when the whole team is using them but maybe they will fix it for the final version.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Hold it a sec.....I only got Blops last week....and ya it is a fair bit different but does everyone hate it that much? Im only very average and i still only ever really finish middle of the road so I reckon not too much has changed but i reckon every game is going to be ****e until you get a party going!!??? I did notice 1 thing though, huuuuuuuuuge lack of BS talk in lobby! Whats happened???
    I only have GT5, MGS4, KZ2 and BLops too so im fracked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

iMuse wrote: »
    Yeah its timed but my thoughts where that the time needs to be reduced. Seriously annoying when the whole team is using them but maybe they will fix it for the final version.

I'm sure they will. There's a disguise thingy in Team Fortress too and it works quite well i.e. It's balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i still enjoy playing blops occasionally. It's not THAT bad imo. Still not a huge fan of it though.

Wager matches are holding my interest, especially SnS :D

• Advertisement

Hold it a sec.....I only got Blops last week....and ya it is a fair bit different but does everyone hate it that much? Im only very average and i still only ever really finish middle of the road so I reckon not too much has changed but i reckon every game is going to be ****e until you get a party going!!??? I did notice 1 thing though, huuuuuuuuuge lack of BS talk in lobby! Whats happened???
    I only have GT5, MGS4, KZ2 and BLops too so im fracked!

nah not everyone, theres a few on here that complain about it more than others tho so it probably seems as if everyone does. I personally think its better than the previous 2 CoDs and im enjoying it alot atm. I even like playing blops on my own.

People that dislike a game will always make there voices heard, whereas the people that enjoy it... not so much.

Im as baffled as you as to why some people hate it so much, besides the obvious connection issues they've only improved on MW2 from my POV.

Advertisement