Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another fees question

Options
  • 20-08-2010 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

On my Stuweb/Fee page its saying I'm liable for full fees at EU rates, like 5600 Euro or something. I emailed student desk and they are saying that the HEA free fees are not applied to students accounts until Setpember, so that it'll be done then, and that there should be no problem w free fees for me

I've been on a leave of absence for 3 years, but when I was in previous years it never appeared like this, so just want to make sure. Does it appear that way for anyone else? I realise given Student desk responded saying it should be fine should be enough, just wanted to make sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It did that when I was going into 4th year after a 1 year leave of absence, if the free fees haven't been applied by September go in and talk to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Its now September and I re checked Stuweb, its still saying 5780. I obviously fired them an email - wont get a reply until Monday though I guess. just wondering does anybody else kn ow anything about this, similar experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

valor wrote: »
    Its now September and I re checked Stuweb, its still saying 5780. I obviously fired them an email - wont get a reply until Monday though I guess. just wondering does anybody else kn ow anything about this, similar experience

Yeah, I withdrew from frist year in UCC on Jan 29th 2010 and they are trying to charge me the full 5780 tuition fees, when it clearly states that i'm only eligble to pay half fees as I withdrew before Feb 1st 2010. Tried ringing UCD on Thursday and Friday, no luck getting through to them. Kept saying 'please hold and your call with be dealt with in rotation' but suprise suprise It never was and I rang at least 10 times in those 2 days, not impressed. You would think they would get these sortof things right the first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

valor wrote: »

You will need to email fees@ucd.ie and say you took a year out. Then you'll come off the list to pay fees. I've heard of lots of people with this. Any diversion from the normal Leaving cert straight into college and through to graduation affects the system somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Tevez101 wrote: »
    Yeah, I withdrew from frist year in UCC on Jan 29th 2010 and they are trying to charge me the full 5780 tuition fees, when it clearly states that i'm only eligble to pay half fees as I withdrew before Feb 1st 2010. Tried ringing UCD on Thursday and Friday, no luck getting through to them. Kept saying 'please hold and your call with be dealt with in rotation' but suprise suprise It never was and I rang at least 10 times in those 2 days, not impressed. You would think they would get these sortof things right the first time around.

Just pay half the fee. Send in an email to fees and it will be sorted out. It is the busiest time of the year, it is not THAT surprising that you are one of thousands trying to ring the same office.

• Advertisement

You will need to email fees@ucd.ie and say you took a year out. Then you'll come off the list to pay fees. I've heard of lots of people with this. Any diversion from the normal Leaving cert straight into college and through to graduation affects the system somehow.

thanks, I'll email them

Got this sorted anyway, its down to normal ~1600

Advertisement