Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuition Fees and BTEA. Please Help.

Options
  • 20-08-2010 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am waiting to hear on Monday in the first round of offers if I have been accepted on my course choice, I am confident that I have enough points so it should hopefully be ok unless they have jumped drastically.

I am fairly certain I am entitled to BTEA, as I do not already hold an undergraduate degree although I was in uni before, and I was unemployed and just finished a FAS course, and this should definitely all qualify towards my "qualifying period" of time.

I have not applied for the BTEA yet, because I heard that you have to have a letter of acceptance from the college.

If I get my place on Monday, can I automatically go in with the form from CAO and apply for the BTEA stating I've been accepted.
    Or will I have to wait until the registration fees are paid to get a letter from the college, or until BTEA starts getting paid?

I haven't applied for my registration grant yet because I don't have any proof of a college place yet/letter from the college.

What order should all these things be done? I'm a bit confused by it all, and feel like I'm stuck and not able to get things in motion until I receive CAO offers on Monday.

Will all this delay my payment and could I possibly be left with no money for weeks whilst they are processing things?

Will the college let me start if my registration fees haven't been paid at the start of the year, and I have to wait for my registration grant to be approved?

Getting very stressed and worried about this now.:(

EDIT; Just to add: I think it's registration fees I have to apply for, tuition should be covered as I have not already got a degree-right?? I wrote tuition in the title by mistake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

don't know that well how BTEA works myself but the grant application deadline is Aug 31st, I think you should apply for everything grant for registration fees and BTEA NOW , don't wait on CAO, see www.studentfinance.ie for grant info

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I can't answer for the grant but with regard BTEA I would apply right now regardless of whether you got the course or not. All they (social welfare) would be doing is approving you in principle for now, it is only once you register in the college and supply the supporting proof of registration will you actually be getting BTEA. But definitely apply now as there will be allot of applications this year.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Thanks for the replies guys. :)
    I'll have to get straight onto it on Monday, as I've only just read these now and the offices are closed.
    Do I apply for the registration fee in the same place people apply for their normal student grants?
    Will check back in awhile. Thanks.

Advertisement