Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling 2 years into 35 yr mortgage?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 5:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Bought 3 bed semi 2 years ago. Cost 335,000 current value is 260,000 - ish. circumstances have changed and I would love to sell this house and move on. Yeah I hear God laughing so go ahead join in. Is there any hope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You will need to come up with €75k to cover the shortfall.

Every house will sell if it's priced right.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

man that sucks, i hate to ad more to it but you may need to consider selling under 260k aswell. If thats the price estate agents are saying then you wont get it.

I dont think theres any way to sell if u cant pay back the difference to the bank since they would effectivly give u an unsecured loan on the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 music.babe75

Wouldn't say you are in a position to be able to sell unfortunately, unless you have been making huge repayments off your mortgage....and owe less than what you will sell the house for....

the first couple of years mortgage payments are mostly interest so if you just have been making normal repayments then you have reduced the capital by very very little....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tbh you're in a 3-bed semi with a relatively small mortgage. Some people are in 2-bed apartments owing nearly twice what you do. Some people would kill to be in your position :)

Your best bet for getting out of it is to look at the renting route. That'll give you the freedom to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

OP,I had a similar query here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056004156

Some very helpful advice was given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement