Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing price plans on Three contract

Options
  • 20-08-2010 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering is it possible for me to change to a new price plan (I don't mind starting a new contract).It's just that I'm paying €30 per month atm for 150 Flexi units which is awful compared to their new price plans.Do I need to wait until my current contract expires? Which is Jan 2011 :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can change no problem just call customer care on 1913 and the new plan will kick in from your next bill date, it won't have any effect on the length of your contract or when your upgrade is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Rang them about switching from my Relax 150 (€29) plan to the Classic Flex Max SIM only plan.

Turns out I have to cancel my existing contract, 30 days notice then switch my number to a new 3 SIM. Its a pain in the hole but it will save me €10 a month over the 'normal contract' Classic Flex Max.

I'm going to wait until the end of my 30 day notice period before I get the new SIM, then hopefully the switch will go well!

Comparing the two plans:

Relax 150 (€29): 150 old flexi units (1 min voice, 3 txts, 1 meg data)
    Classic Flex Max (€30): 300 new flexi units (1 min voice, 2 txts, 0.5meg data) + 2GB data package + 1 free add-on

You get a lot extra for the new plan, even though they now charge for voicemail and the flexi units have change. I will no longer need to pay an extra 9.99-19.99 for my data add-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

WezzyB wrote: »
    Rang them about switching from my Relax 150 (€29) plan to the Classic Flex Max SIM only plan.

Turns out I have to cancel my existing contract, 30 days notice then switch my number to a new 3 SIM. Its a pain in the hole but it will save me €10 a month over the 'normal contract' Classic Flex Max.

I'm on the relax 150 too.Won't you get stung for extras charges for cancelling mid contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

WezzyB wrote: »

I'm going to wait until the end of my 30 day notice period before I get the new SIM, then hopefully the switch will go well!

Comparing the two plans:

Relax 150 (€29): 150 old flexi units (1 min voice, 3 txts, 1 meg data)
    Classic Flex Max (€30): 300 new flexi units (1 min voice, 2 txts, 0.5meg data) + 2GB data package + 1 free add-on

You get a lot extra for the new plan, even though they now charge for voicemail and the flexi units have change. I will no longer need to pay an extra 9.99-19.99 for my data add-ons.

The reson you need a new sim is due to the price difference of the classic flex max on contract and on sim only. Currently your account is not set up as a sim only account so you would not get the discount if they just moved the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Hi

Im with 3 and have an iphone 4 on an 18 month contract, i was told by three that i can downgrade after 6 months, I saw they have new 24 month contracts and my mom is thinking of going with them, Do you know if you can downgrade after 6 months on this contract also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

See my reply to your post in the Apple forum

Advertisement