Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration 20-08-10

Options
  • 20-08-2010 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Anyone able to register yet - Social Science?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Cant register myself yet for Stage 2 arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Can't register either for Stage 2 Arts, I heard they got on a 6am the other day hence why I am up so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

last year was able to register at 2am - not been to bed yet - thanks UCD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Anyone who has had to go through UCDD (no, thats not a typo) registration online should not be surprised at this.

Why can't they just set a reasonable time for this so everyone knows?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Registration . . . fun fun fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Night Fox

Didn't know you were a mod here Sierra... Small world. Anyone know what time we can register at? I had heard 6AM, but it seems like UCD just choose a random time!

Edit: Looks like it opened at 8, but I think we killed the server.

"The server is busy and cannot currently process
    the request. Please try again later."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Working grand now except i cant choose electives, it says im not entitled to it which is bit strange.

Anyone else having this issue?

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Working grand now except i cant choose electives, it says im not entitled to it which is bit strange.

Anyone else having this issue?

You cannot choose them until Monday.

I assume I only chose modules for second year and not for ALL of stage 2 right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

If I have registered for 60 credits this year is that ok? I think I have it covered but then it says I haven't registered for any options..no idea what is going on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In the case of Arts, if you want to take your electives inside your subject area, do you have to wait until Monday and register for those modules via the elective tab? Or can you register them now on the core/option page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Only issue is that under the Politics section, it says "WARNING - You have only selected 1 out of the 6 Mandatory options" or something similar. But, it doesn't give me any option to choose any. They're all for sem2 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So confused. Ive only got 60 credits registered, and it says ive only selected 1 of 2 core modules for Information Studies (one of my joint majors) but it doesnt give me any more options to select?

Im guessing ive to register my 60 now and 40 next year but can someone clear that up?

Only issue is that under the Politics section, it says "WARNING - You have only selected 1 out of the 6 Mandatory options" or something similar. But, it doesn't give me any option to choose any. They're all for sem2 btw.

I am guessing that you have four core modules which you were auto registered to that you have to do this year and none next year?

If so then you choose one option module this year - giving you five politics modules this year. Then next year you make up the other five modules by selection from the option modules list. Basically next year you have no core modules which you will be pre-registered to. That is my understanding of it anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I am guessing that you have four core modules which you were auto registered to that you have to do this year and none next year?

If so then you choose one option module this year - giving you five politics modules this year. Then next year you make up the other five modules by selection from the option modules list. Basically next year you have no core modules which you will be pre-registered to. That is my understanding of it anyways!

Sound mate. Yep thats it with the four core modules in both Politics and Geog seem to clash with all them option modules. Guess I'll just be doing them next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

So I don't have to register now for all of the next two years? Because I don't have the option to register for a lot of these...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ColmDawson wrote: »
    So I don't have to register now for all of the next two years? Because I don't have the option to register for a lot of these...

It might be different for each subject in Arts but for me I'll still have to register next year, I've registered for 55/100 credits and I've one repeat to so I've got 60 credits selected now for Semester 1 and 2 and it's not giving me any choice to select any more subjects so I'm guessing I'll have simply have to register for my Level 3 subjects next year even though I'm been given the chance to do some Level 3 subjects this year if I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Yep, that's it. Thanks! I should have listened to Joe Brady...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jallopie

On the off-chance somebody knows:

Doing a joint major in English and Drama. Going into stage 2. Anybody know if if it's 40+20 credits I should have? It's coming up as 100 req'd.

Bit confused.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place or being a complete registration newb!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jallopie wrote: »
    On the off-chance somebody knows:

Doing a joint major in English and Drama. Going into stage 2. Anybody know if if it's 40+20 credits I should have? It's coming up as 100 req'd.

Bit confused.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place or being a complete registration newb!
    I think normally a major/minor is 30/20, with 10 elective credits to do with as you wish. A join major is 25/25.

Never mind the 100 required bit. It's counting all of stage 2, i.e. the next two years. You are only registering for the 60 credits you are doing this year. It seems it won't let you choose more than 60 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jallopie

I think normally a major/minor is 30/20, with 10 elective credits to do with as you wish. A join major is 25/25.

Never mind the 100 required bit. It's counting all of stage 2, i.e. the next two years. You are only registering for the 60 credits you are doing this year. It seems it won't let you choose more than 60 anyway.

Thanks for replying. Think I've got it sorted. Going to call the programme office after the electives are released to be certain I haven't made a mistake. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

So uh, I can't seem to register for any of my modules. Going into my second year of computer science, so I should be able to right? Here's the message I get:
    STEP 2. MODULE REGISTRATION
    Step 2 of the registration process is where you choose the modules you are going to study. The area below shows the modules to which you are registered.

NOTE: It is vital that you also register to associated labs and tutorials. When you have finished registering to modules, labs and tutorials, the status should show complete for all components.

Undergraduates: the general elective modules you choose are provisional until September 10th 2010. Early registration is advisable.

There will be an opportunity to change next semester modules at the start of that semester.

Phase 2 Not Available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

So uh, I can't seem to register for any of my modules. Going into my second year of computer science, so I should be able to right? Here's the message I get:
    B.A. or B.Sc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niall 9000

Quick question

I am going into stage 2 arts. Going to do economics and mathematical studies. want to wait until september 2011 to do MATH20060(calculus of several variables). It is one of four core modules. It is not on offer in semester 2(feb 2011).

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

B.A. or B.Sc.?
    B. Sc.

Rereading that link, seems I was confusing the B.A. with the B. Sc. course. Silly me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Anyone have any idea why the majority of academic websites (UCD modules, registration, MyLibrary, Jstor etc) are about as easy to navigate as the Champs Elysees roundabout at rush-hour?
    Or maybe they should offer a masters in website navigation as an elective :D.
    The whole thing is a joke/shambles/waste of time (please see non-existent url for definitions and choose accordingly, but make sure you check with your school afterwards) and I always end up having to go in and try to have an absurd conversation with someone to try to get some precise information on what exactly I have to do to register correctly.
    :confused:
    I'm so baffled by the system that I don't even know what I'm confused about at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

university_website.png

XKCD explained it well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

One of the cores from my major is schedule clashing with one of the cores from my minor. How do I solve that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Talk to the programme office ASAP? Good luck!

Advertisement