Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I'm enjoying listening to Dave this morning. Nice and relaxed with a free flowing conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Tubs is off yet again

Jesus Christ, you moan when he's on air and you moan when he's off air. You find faults with every single thing the man seems to do and because of that and this disturbing obsession you have with Tubridy means you lose a little more credibility with every petty post you make.

Pointless little rant.
    I simply said he was of, where in that little line have I moaned.
    Epic
    fail...

miketv wrote: »
    I'm enjoying listening to Dave this morning. Nice and relaxed with a free flowing conversation.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Pointless little rant.
    Epic
    fail...

No you said he was off yet again. It doesn't a genius to see what you meant by that comment. All anyone has to do is look back through you post history to see that I have a very valid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

miketv wrote: »

I've stopped posting this every time Dave is subbing for golden boy. Dave is excellent and has a far superior rapport with his listeners. I wish he got the gig full time but well, that's never going to happen is it.

I thought Tubridy used his holidays for the BBC gigs? :confused: Obviously not. How come he's seemingly got a free reign to do whatever he wants in RTE? Its not like his granddaddy is still the Director General there...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

[Enough with the arguing over people's posting styles please folks. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

Splinter

Pointless little rant.
    Epic
    fail...

No you said he was off yet again. It doesn't a genius to see what you meant by that comment. All anyone has to do is look back through you post history to see that I have a very valid point.

Wrong if I have a comment it will state my thoughts.
    If you can provide any evidence from any english dictionary stating saying "yet again " is reference to the word moan I will put my hands up. Until then your rant is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Splinter wrote: »
    Enough with the arguing over people's posting styles please folks. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

Splinter

You got me completely wrong there Splinter, I was completely agreeing with him that Dave is excellent when he subs for Tubridy. :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

telekon wrote: »
    You got me completely wrong there Splinter, I was completely agreeing with him that Dave is excellent when he subs for Tubridy. :confused:

apologies, misclick on my behalf. I've edited my post

anyway, as we were

/runs out

Splinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

First a TV ad, and now a prime time Radio One News At One thirty second advert.. He was away for with the BBC during the TV ad and he's away on holiday for the second one... So they promote his show today, saying "Make Turbridy part of your day", and then when people tune in tomorrow, there's Dave Fanning?

You really would wonder does anybody in RTE think these things through.. Never mind the fact that they are wasting more advertising space promoting a guy who they tell us is the best presenter, somebody who really should be able to sell himself if he's as talented as they would have us believe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sigh...I refer to previous comments on this thread...anyway...he was standing in for Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

First a TV ad, and now a prime time Radio One News At One thirty second advert.. He was away for with the BBC during the TV ad and he's away on holiday for the second one... So they promote his show today, saying "Make Turbridy part of your day", and then when people tune in tomorrow, there's Dave Fanning?

You really would wonder does anybody in RTE think these things through.. Never mind the fact that they are wasting more advertising space promoting a guy who they tell us is the best presenter, somebody who really should be able to sell himself if he's as talented as they would have us believe...
    I know this is not going to be the case....but if the jnlr's are not significantly up after this campaign he has to go, it really seems like they are throwing everything at it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

I know this is not going to be the case....but if the jnlr's are not significantly up after this campaign he has to go, it really seems like they are throwing everything at it...

It would be a real hospital pass of a job to get now. It would take years to get back to anywhere near G. Ryan's figures, if that's even possible at this stage. Tubridy should of been told "sorry Ryan it's just not working" ages ago. I suspect the people who decided that Hector, Tubridy and Hayes was the way to go are more concerned about covering their own asses than they are about the plight of 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm really quite confused by the whole set up. On one hand RTE are doing their best to push the show, adverts on the tv and radio etc. on the other hand Tubridy has no regard for his Irish listeners as he feels more need to fill in for Chris Evans. If people hear an advert for a Tubridy show they expect to hear him.
    On a side note, I'm happy he wasn't on air today as I really enjoyed Dave's show, keep up the work Mr. Fanning

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jvan wrote: »
    I'm really quite confused by the whole set up. On one hand RTE are doing their best to push the show, adverts on the tv and radio etc. on the other hand Tubridy has no regard for his Irish listeners as he feels more need to fill in for Chris Evans. If people hear an advert for a Tubridy show they expect to hear him.
    On a side note, I'm happy he wasn't on air today as I really enjoyed Dave's show, keep up the work Mr. Fanning
    that is the strange thing! A potential listener lands in the country, see's the ad campaign tunes in....hears a very capable Dave Fanning and then a week later tubs is back with a completely different show!

Tubbers was having banter with hector this morning and said his kids where less boring than hectors,hector let him have it..

Supporting enda kenny and of course American president's came in

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

He is posting photos of colleagues children on his facebook page now. Last year he was intruding into the life of the newsreader, playing a privately recorded piece of audio. I only cannot recall him ever even mentioning the name of his kids on the radio. The sheer hypocrisy of the man. He is trying to portray himself as a family man which is laughable to say the least.

It looks like the new producers are trying to force him into giving more personal details. This is what he came up with;
    1.He dropped an apple, causing it to bruise, he asks the listeners what should he do?
    2. He sees a sign on a car, originally it was written in marker "For Sale £3000" but this is scribbled out and instead "£2999" it written in biro.
    3. He was having a great day at Electric Picnic until he saw a woman wearing wedges.

He is unwilling to reveal the smallest item of personal information yet thinks nothing of using other people's kids.

Thats tubbers summed up alright.
    He asks most intrusive questions and changes the subject when its his turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ghiertal wrote: »
    He is posting photos of colleagues children on his facebook page now. Last year he was intruding into the life of the newsreader, playing a privately recorded piece of audio. I only cannot recall him ever even mentioning the name of his kids on the radio. The sheer hypocrisy of the man. He is trying to portray himself as a family man which is laughable to say the least.

It looks like the new producers are trying to force him into giving more personal details. This is what he came up with;
    1.He dropped an apple, causing it to bruise, he asks the listeners what should he do?
    2. He sees a sign on a car, originally it was written in marker "For Sale £3000" but this is scribbled out and instead "£2999" it written in biro.
    3. He was having a great day at Electric Picnic until he saw a woman wearing wedges.

He is unwilling to reveal the smallest item of personal information yet thinks nothing of using other people's kids.

It's his show.. He can do what he and his producers bloody well want. Just like any other presenter/producer can in the free world

• Advertisement

bbability wrote: »
    It's his show.. He can do what he and his producers bloody well want. Just like any other presenter/producer can in the free world

Free world???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yes the free world where there are many many things to do places to go things to see.... By the way thanks for the recap on last weeks shows. I fully agree a Best of Ryan Tubridy show on a Saturday morning would be a waste of money.;)

That we can agree on

Just thought that I would bring up this article from two years ago as Tubridy has had plenty of time to establish himself on 2FM. How do people think he is doing? He has more excuses than an Agatha and has tried to play political games between the BBC and all Montrose's suits.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/dempseys-shock-attack-on-exposed-tubridy-and-rte-2312482.html

PK 2010: Tubridy still has to demonstrate he is "up there" as an equal with Gay Byrne and the late Gerry Ryan.

I remember how angry people were with Ian Dempsey. Now is the time to make an analysis of him and to say what will be done in RTE for Tubbins. Today he had Ireland's greatest neighbour and he didn't seem interested plus he has excluded half of his potential audience (men) in order to appeal to the feminist, housewife brigade. My opinion is that he is no better than a Mooney.

You ought to see the front of the star today.
    Gay reckons he could be a multi millionaire, sure is he not already?

He is on a retainer fee from RTE so i would reckon. I am raging with him over these remarks. Do a proper job tubridy and nobody would begrudge you a cent. I will continue to listen but he has been annoying the hell out of me since he came back from holidays. I am expecting him to broadcast in a pair of knickers and a bra in an even greater attempt to win the housewives. The show just isn't suiting me right now and it's something i find very hard to admit to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Gay says these things for a laugh... It's no secret that Tubridy's grandfather tried to get Gay fired from RTE, and I'm sure Gay is petty enough not to forget about that.. He, the same as the rest of us, doesnt think that Tubridy is worth 100k never mind a million... He just loves stirring it.

I think Gay says these things for a laugh... It's no secret that Tubridy's grandfather tried to get Gay fired from RTE, and I'm sure Gay is petty enough not to forget about that.. He, the same as the rest of us, doesnt think that Tubridy is worth 100k never mind a million... He just loves stirring it.

There could be some truth in what you say Jon.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gaybo-feared-sack-just-what-chairman-ordered-239946.html

BROADCASTING legend Gay Byrne was so insecure he refused to take holidays and was once "effed" out of the office of the RTE director general when he asked for a raise.
    Ireland's most successful broadcaster was forced to sign a new contract by RTE every 13 weeks for over two decades of his working life.

And towards the end of the 1960s, Ryan Tubridy's grandfather, Todd Andrews - then chairman of the RTE Authority - tried to have Byrne fired from RTE's 'Late Late Show'.

In the documentary, Byrne confesses to his insecurity and says his biggest fear in life was not being able to provide for his family. He tells of asking for a raise on two occasions.

"The first time the director general took it very seriously and came back two days later and told me I was getting a £100 a year increase.

"On another occasion, . . . he was in a very bad mood and effed me out of the office. He said he had no money and even if he had - I wasn't getting it."

After reading these comments from Gay it is difficult to imagine that he would be concerned for Tubbins. This is Tubbin's response to the fact that his gandfather verbally abused Gaybo and tried to have him sacked:he was "shocked" at his grandfather uttering a profanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ghiertal wrote: »
    I will continue to listen but he has been annoying the hell out of me since he came back from holidays.
    The show just isn't suiting me right now and it's something i find very hard to admit to myself.

Why don't you just not listen if he annoys you so much?

Advertisement