Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

[QUOTE=ghiertal;80840941 I am expecting him to broadcast in a pair of knickers and a bra.[/QUOTE]

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lucy from fair city

It is funny how G Ryan Style "taboo subjects" such as sex are being talked about on the Tubridy show these days. What is it with RTE having preseters doing formats that don't suit them? Like when they put kids tv presenters on winning streak during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sharri

ghiertal wrote: »
    I only cannot recall him ever even mentioning the name of his kids on the radio.

He doesn't even refer to them as "my kids" when talking about them.
    Instead he'll say something like "I was out during the weekend with some erm,.. little people" or "fun-sized humans" and his voice will change to sounding all cautious. He can be private but this drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It is funny how G Ryan Style "taboo subjects" such as sex are being talked about on the Tubridy show these days. What is it with RTE having preseters doing formats that don't suit them? Like when they put kids tv presenters on winning streak during the summer.
    ratings are slipping so they thought "what would Gerry do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

its cause tubbers dont have a sex life,do you not notice he wants to know all the finer details.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Sharri wrote: »
    He doesn't even refer to them as "my kids" when talking about them.
    Instead he'll say something like "I was out during the weekend with some erm,.. little people" or "fun-sized humans" and his voice will change to sounding all cautious. He can be private but this drives me mad.

That exact scenario happened recently when speaking with child psychologist David Coleman. They were discussing problems with bringing children on holidays and Tubridy said "Well, when I was on holiday recently in ...erm, Ireland".He then completely changed the focus away from the story he was about to tell. He was flustered for a few seconds and like you said his voice changed and he sounded dry-mouthed.

I don't think it's an appropriate topic for that time of day. Whatever happened to having a sense of decency and decorum.

Des Bishop's in for Ryan all next week! And he wants to get to know you guys...so...be nice!...it's business as usual so if you have anything you want to talk to him about get in touch - email tubs@rte.ie

Why don't you just not listen if he annoys you so much?

Some people are in a position where they have no choice,ie radio in work or there work environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I don't think it's an appropriate topic for that time of day. Whatever happened to having a sense of decency and decorum.

I am not prude but there is a time for talking sex and personally I think the subject doesn't suits Tubs. the add for the show him saying "her sex live improved after listening to the show" I actually don't listen to his show - Ray Darcy for me till 11 and then back to Colm Hayes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

femur61 wrote: »
    I am not prude but there is a time for talking sex and personally I think the subject doesn't suits Tubs. the add for the show him saying "her sex live improved after listening to the show" .

I heard that ad for the show and laughed. Tubridy talking about sex??? A man who wont even mention anything about his own life on the show, and now we have him discussing something as intimate as sex? Seems that some genius in 2FM got a light bulb over their head and proclaimed "Let's just do what Gerry used to do"... But Tubridy wont be able to carry this.. The fact that he spends so much time away from the show moonlighting shows that his priorities lie elsewhere.. No point in even having ads on the radio for HIS show, if he's not presenting it.

Tubbers off again for a week, and des bishop covering WTF?..

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Tubbers off again for a week, and des bishop covering WTF?..

Tubs is standing in on BBC2. They have put a photo of Tubbins up on the Chris Evans BBC2 Facebook page. Judging by the comments, he is not going down well and alot of posts calling him Henry Kelly or Alan Partridge. Will listen back to show later on and i will give a full review of Des Bishop later this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Judging by the comments, he is not going down well and alot of posts calling him Henry Kelly or Alan Partridge.

That usually means he is due a promotion..

comments seem about 50/50....by all accounts they prefer him to Zoe Ball

edit
    i take that back the latest comment is 100% against tubs, and pro Zoe ball and er......Richard Madley!

CRINGE!!!! He's doing the same ****e he does here!!!
    Alright now can you complete this sentence for Ryan?
    "You know it's Autumn when......."

comments seem about 50/50....by all accounts they prefer him to Zoe Ball

edit
    i take that back the latest comment is 100% against tubs, and pro Zoe ball and er......Richard Madley!

CRINGE!!!! He's doing the same ****e he does here!!!

Judging by the comments there is no way that Tubridy is going to be offered a position at the Beeb. When he started he got quite a positive response but it's not surprising the listeners wearied of him. He said that he was "putting on the green jersey" and "doing his bit for Ireland" during his first stint covering for Chris Evans. This could turn into a disastrous sojourn for the pint-sized presenter, bosses in RTE are known to be angry at him for his stint on Auntie; what with his failure to build a core audience on 2FM + having to find people to cover for Ryan.

RTE must have spent more money advertising his 2FM programme than any other one in recent times. I presume that he has signed off on his new contract with RTE. I hope RTE realised the truth on his popularity with Evan's existing audience and were not fooled by all his political games.

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisEvansBreakfastShow

Simon Osborn Lets hope they take notice of these comments - however I note that the one I raised before has been removed!!!

I see that he is removing comments from the BBC facebook page. If you look at his 2FM page, there is never a negative comment on Tubbins.

i think irish people should play fair ghertal and refrain from commenting on Chris Evans page. If i moved to another country i would be very annoyed if my old country were trying to get me fired....let the audience make up their own mind.

I take it this is a response to the critics
    If you're missing Christophe, why not p-p-p-pick up a podcast!

i think irish people should play fair ghertal and refrain from commenting on Chris Evans page. If i moved to another country i would be very annoyed if my old country were trying to get me fired....let the audience make up their own mind.

I take it this is a response to the critics

LOL:)

I think the audience has made up it's mind and no amount of propaganda from Tubridy can change that. He has had an unbelievably bad time over the past couple of years. I can honestly see Tubridy losing his position as the mainstay of RTE. The LLS figures are going to keep falling steadily and he has no BBC bargaining chip now. The next two JNLRs are absolutely critical for him. His position is becoming untenable. As to your comment, yes, I would love to see him down done and have his face shoved in the dirt, mainly due to his behaviour of the past year. I really can't wait to see him lose his prized positions in RTE, just to see him utterly humiliated and forced to scurry into the shadows like an arrogant politician who is finally vanquished.

LOL:)

I think the audience has made up it's mind and no amount of propaganda from Tubridy can change that. He has had an unbelievably bad time over the past couple of years. I can honestly see Tubridy losing his position as the mainstay of RTE. The LLS figures are going to keep falling steadily and he has no BBC bargaining chip now. The next two JNLRs are absolutely critical for him. His position is becoming untenable. As to your comment, yes, I would love to see him down done and have his face shoved in the dirt, mainly due to his behaviour of the past year. I really can't wait to see him lose his prized positions in RTE, just to see him utterly humiliated and forced to scurry into the shadows like an arrogant politician who is finally vanquished.

Just been reading the comments FAIL for tubbers

Just been reading the comments FAIL for tubbers

That's putting it mildly Jimmy. He is absolutely hated over there. Tubridy and his hero Jimmy Saville are not having a good week, in fact, reading those comments on Facebook was my very own "Jim'll fix it" moment. Tubridy, just stay over there please, you are not welcome back into this country. I'm sure that he will try to twist all the facts in his favour, with all his political propaganda and that all his media acolytes will spin everything in his favour.

• Advertisement

The station announced Tubridy would be covering for Evans yesterday on the show’s Facebook page, saying “Ryan has dug out this rather patriotically-coloured sweater to keep away the Autumn chills this morning!”

However the announcement met with mixed reaction from listeners who expressed their opinions through comments on the page.

Richard Sharpe said: “I just turned on Radio 2.... heard it was Ryan and turned it off again”. Another listener, Andy Barton said: “Oh god not Ryan - get him off !!!”

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/oh-god-not-ryan-get-him-off-bbc-listeners-react-to-ryan-tubridys-guest-presenting-stint-3248106.html#ixzz288GGq2zR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Some people are in a position where they have no choice,ie radio in work or there work environment.

Is that his personal situation?

Whos?
    What im saying is in some offices /warehouses or working environments,there is a radio system in place and people dont have the choice to change the station.
    So there we have a situation where people HAVE TO LISTEN to tubridy,like it or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

some people that post here, are actually obsessed with ryan tubridy and his career. i mean listening to him on english radio, looking up facebook, reading articles etc. and posting them here. its a bit weird. seriously, i have no choice but to listen to 2fm at work, but thats it. like i put up with for 2 hours and move on. the hatred towards him in this thread is very strange. people cant stand him...........yet know exactly what he is doing and have these facts and figures about him, that you would have to go looking for, in order to know them. WTF??!!

its a bit like people who say they cant stand fair city, yet they know every character and storyline.......

anxiously awaiting a response........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

some people that post here, are actually obsessed with ryan tubridy and his career. i mean listening to him on english radio, looking up facebook, reading articles etc. and posting them here. its a bit weird. seriously, i have no choice but to listen to 2fm at work, but thats it. like i put up with for 2 hours and move on. the hatred towards him in this thread is very strange. people cant stand him...........yet know exactly what he is doing and have these facts and figures about him, that you would have to go looking for, in order to know them. WTF??!!

its a bit like people who say they cant stand fair city, yet they know every character and storyline.......

Some people.. I think you mean 2 people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

bbability wrote: »
    Some people.. I think you mean 2 people!

It is funny though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Spot on. With Jimmy and Ghiertal around the place, we get all the Tubbers news and gossip without having to look it up ourselves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

No its not. Its actually quite embarrassing how obsessed these guys have become with Tubridy.
    I would love to see him down done and have his face shoved in the dirt, mainly due to his behaviour of the past year. I really can't wait to see him lose his prized positions in RTE, just to see him utterly humiliated and forced to scurry into the shadows like an arrogant politician who is finally vanquished.

This has to be one of the most pitiful things I've read in a long time on Boards. Someone who wishes something like this on another people clearly has some issues of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sharri

I've been following this thread for a long time and I listen to Tubridy every morning by choice. I honestly just like to hate/complain about things.
    Sometimes he's okay, sometimes he's sexist and patronizing. And then it feels good to criticize him.
    I also dislike Fair City but have been watching it for 4 years and know every storyline. I just enjoy selective hatred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I'm so glad that there is finally some proper debate happening on this thread. For a long time it has just consisted of the rants of the obssessives who claim not to like Tubridy but yet seem to stalk him (in a virtual sense of course). Surely the purpose of the thread is to discuss his 2fm show not the minute details of the man himself and his life. Some people know way too much about him and seem to follow his every movement. If I were him I'd be scared!

Advertisement