Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Surely the purpose of the thread is to discuss his 2fm show not the minute details of the man himself and his life. Some people know way too much about him and seem to follow his every movement.

Jimmy and Ghiertal have a separate thread for that now :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056737919

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

McBauer wrote: »
    No its not. Its actually quite embarrassing how obsessed these guys have become with Tubridy.

This has to be one of the most pitiful things I've read in a long time on Boards. Someone who wishes something like this on another people clearly has some issues of their own.

This country is absolutely f-ed, just in case you hadn't realized it. Do you think that Tubridy gives a two-penny damn about anyone outside his immediate circle? His whining and squealing over the past 18 months have made me sick. He has performed in an absymal fashion since taking over Gerry Ryan's show and his hosting of the LLS has been equally as bad. Why the hell you are complaing about my comments?

THIS WEEK he is gone off again to the BBC and RTE have to pay Des Bishop to cover for Tubridy? The only reason he is doing the BBC gig is to give him leverage for contract talks with RTE. So basically he is trying to screw the Irish public on the double. Oh, and we were told by the sycophants in the Irish media that he was loved in Britain, but this week we finally learned the truth. The temerity and bare-faced cheek of Tubridy galls me. To top it all off, RTE have had at least four advertising campaigns for his 2FM show in the last six months. I could go on and on, but there are plenty of members of the public whose faces are in the dirt and will remain their for the next twenty years. I'm sure you will understand where i am coming from with this.

RYAN Tubridy is struggling to please listeners on his BBC radio show.
    The RTE presenter has stepped in for regular host Chris Evans at BBC Radio 2, but his style is not quite hitting the mark.
    But many were not so complimentary in their assessment of Tubridy.
    "Haven't even smiled once this morning thanks to Radio2, let alone laugh -- am usually giggling to bits," one listener said on Facebook.
    "I too am switching over to Radio 4 -- can't be as dull as this.
    "He's like a wet towel damping the fire of life. In short Ryan -- sorry mate, you're dull," added another

http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/bbc-listeners-switch-off-dull-tubridy-3248040.html

He has had a Beatles tribute band on his BBC show, just as he had on 2FM earlier this year. He is like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

There seems to be an extraordinary amount of anti-Tubridian feeling here. It is hardly so unlikely that we could lose Tubridy especially considering that Gay warned against him taking. Ryan had two confidants in Gerry and Gay, they would discuss his career options round dinner. He has lost Gerry's protecting wing, if he lost Gay I think he could go.Ireland has lost plenty of talent in the past to the BBC such as wogan,dave allen,graham norton,des lynam,dara o briain,des o connor,henry kelly,graham linehan. I feel this constant carping is sad.

withless wrote: »
    There seems to be an extraordinary amount of anti-Tubridian feeling here. It is hardly so unlikely that we could lose Tubridy especially considering that Gay warned against him taking. Ryan had two confidants in Gerry and Gay, they would discuss his career options round dinner. He has lost Gerry's protecting wing, if he lost Gay I think he could go.Ireland has lost plenty of talent in the past to the BBC such as wogan,dave allen,graham norton,des lynam,dara o briain,des o connor,henry kelly,graham linehan. I feel this constant carping is sad.

:confused::confused:
    Des Lynam was born in Ennis but he moved to the UK at the age of 6 with his parents. I hardly think we "lost" him to the BBC.
    Des O'Connor was born and bred in London. How did we lose him to the BBC??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

ghiertal wrote: »
    This country is absolutely f-ed, just in case you hadn't realized it. Do you think that Tubridy gives a two-penny damn about anyone outside his immediate circle? His whining and squealing over the past 18 months have made me sick. He has performed in an absymal fashion since taking over Gerry Ryan's show and his hosting of the LLS has been equally as bad. Why the hell you are complaing about my comments?

THIS WEEK he is gone off again to the BBC and RTE have to pay Des Bishop to cover for Tubridy? The only reason he is doing the BBC gig is to give him leverage for contract talks with RTE. So basically he is trying to screw the Irish public on the double. Oh, and we were told by the sycophants in the Irish media that he was loved in Britain, but this week we finally learned the truth. The temerity and bare-faced cheek of Tubridy galls me. To top it all off, RTE have had at least four advertising campaigns for his 2FM show in the last six months. I could go on and on, but there are plenty of members of the public whose faces are in the dirt and will remain their for the next twenty years. I'm sure you will understand where i am coming from with this.

Tubridy had the gall and the balls to ask RTE for a wage as big as he has. They gave it to him. Fair f**Ks to him! I went and asked my boss 3 weeks ago for a raise and guess what......i got it!! Fair f**ks to me!! To be honest, i cudnt give a two-penny f**K about anyone outside of my family and friends either. He didnt cause the recession. Gerry Ryan was a pain in the arse who threw money around like it was going out of fashion and to top it off, while he gave many a morning ****in on about drug dealers, he was actually contributing towards their income and lifestyle. Dave Fanning once said that hes ego is as big as his arse. (obviously fanning only meant it as a light hearted dig but he was telling the truth too)

Fair f**ks to everyone indeed. You're from Cork you say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

What has that got to do with anything? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

why? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Even Cork 96fm's Neil Prendeville, who allegedly exposed himself to passengers on a plane last year, pipped Tubridy for a nomination in the same category. In fact, the Cork DJ, who was suspended from on-air activities for several weeks by the station for his airline antics, is nominated in two categories.

Jaysus that looks fairly bad all the same.. Even the suspended guy gets nominated ahead of Tubs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jaysus that looks fairly bad all the same.. Even the suspended guy gets nominated ahead of Tubs..

The PPI awards are just a big Radio industry Circle Jerk, so It was inevitable that Neil Prendeville was going to get a nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

A4mnM4gCAAEqJoM.jpg:large

jimmynokia wrote: »
    A4mnM4gCAAEqJoM.jpg:large

They're probably on the minimum wage out in Ballymount :D

Aidan Cooney should just get back in his box, and the other TV3 people.. If they were in RTE they wouldnt be complaining.. seems like jealousy more than any patriotic duty on their part.

That bottom article is fairly damning for Tubridy though, I'd say he's closed the curtains and stuck on Willy Wonka today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That diary woman's laugh has just bored a hole in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

MJ23 wrote: »
    That diary woman's laugh has just bored a hole in my head.

*shivers

Being stuck in a waiting room listening to that was torturous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw the tv3 guys this morning for a minute! Found them all quite amusing!

Judging by the excitement of Chris Evans return, do you think he picks crap replacements on purpose?

Tubridy had the gall and the balls to ask RTE for a wage as big as he has. They gave it to him. Fair f**Ks to him! I went and asked my boss 3 weeks ago for a raise and guess what......i got it!! Fair f**ks to me!! To be honest, i cudnt give a two-penny f**K about anyone outside of my family and friends either. He didnt cause the recession. Gerry Ryan was a pain in the arse who threw money around like it was going out of fashion and to top it off, while he gave many a morning ****in on about drug dealers, he was actually contributing towards their income and lifestyle. Dave Fanning once said that hes ego is as big as his arse. (obviously fanning only meant it as a light hearted dig but he was telling the truth too)

My point was that Tubridy was saying that he is putting on the green jersey when he is going over to London working for the BBC. He has also mentioned many times how he understands how tough it is for people to get by. I know that many people are self-centred, but he should at least have the integrity not to pretend that he is some kind of post third ghost Ebenezzer Goode.
    PS:Well done on your salary increase. I have stated on another Tubridy related thread that I would have no problem with RTE paying Graham Norton two million euro, because he would actually be worth it. Tubridy isn't worth thirty thousand euro. If people believed that he was worth his current salary,there would be no problem.

• Advertisement

That gay politician/ex trainee priest segment was interesting yesterday

He had some lady on who went to the jungle and dropped Iowasca, he didn't seem interested; obviously he has no way to relate to her or any kind of 'alternative' to anything.

Then he started talking about some mug with sweets on it that a 10 year old had sent him, 'I'm only mentioning it' he said to his producer, he was filled with joy talking about the mug.

the late late are trying to secure Melanie (who dated gerry ryan for a bit) for an interview, that will be interesting for the boy tubridy. Would he let her promote her product like Ronan keating did, or will he be personally offended by her and give her hell?????

Came across this on his 2FM Facebook page. Presumably set up by RTE after his disastrous BBC gig. Not going so well yet with only 9 likes. Goes to show what a propagandist Tubridy is.

I heard something on Off The Ball the other night about Tubridy... Sean McEniff gave an interview to the Donegal Democrat saying that the Donegal team's appearance on the LLS was a disgrace.... that Tubridy didnt even offer them a chair and kept looking at his watch while they were on... :D

I heard something on Off The Ball the other night about Tubridy... Sean McEniff gave an interview to the Donegal Democrat saying that the Donegal team's appearance on the LLS was a disgrace.... that Tubridy didnt even offer them a chair and kept looking at his watch while they were on... :D
    I thought that was the case. I had heard first hand from Donegal that they had toured the entire County, and lived on the bus for the week after the match, visiting families of bereaved fans and kids etc.....It was obvious that to even get to Dublin for the lls would have been a lot of hassle for them, and tubs had no empathy for them at all. "so what was the big moment for you was it the fans in the crowd, the final whistle...."

I imagined the answer to be "i don't know ryan, it was the most important match of my life......my eye was on the f**ing ball"

Tubridy initially announced his intention to take over the hosting of The Late Late Show from Pat Kenny but he later stated that he would remain as host of Tubridy Tonight, describing it as his "Jim'll Fix It job" and "little fun-size legacy.

ghiertal wrote: »
    Tubridy initially announced his intention to take over the hosting of The Late Late Show from Pat Kenny but he later stated that he would remain as host of Tubridy Tonight, describing it as his "Jim'll Fix It job" and "little fun-size legacy.

Possibly because Miriam O'Callaghan was being tipped to take over The Late Late Show at the time. Tubbers was probably hedging his bets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

a little reminder to get back to the radio topic otherwise ill close the thread

Advertisement