Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

ghiertal wrote: »
    Tubridy initially announced his intention to take over the hosting of The Late Late Show from Pat Kenny but he later stated that he would remain as host of Tubridy Tonight, describing it as his "Jim'll Fix It job" and "little fun-size legacy.

Lots of people in the UK were unaware of the digusting lifestyle Jimmy Saville lived, how on earth would an Irish person be aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Had to turn off at 10 and missed the chat about first loves. So did tubs actually go as far as calling the womans first love a child rapist or did he just keep implying it??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

femur61 wrote: »
    Lots of people in the UK were unaware of the digusting lifestyle Jimmy Saville lived, how on earth would an Irish person be aware of it.

I'm not saying that he was aware of it. I don't think that he will use that phrase in the future though:D

That domestic violence email is suspicious

LATE Late show host Ryan Tubridy has expressed his delight at receiving a gift from legendary actor David Kelly.
    A message posted on the website of the Tubridy's radio station 2fm said: "Ryan received some lovely shirts this morning that once belonged to the late, great actor David Kelly."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/if-the-shirt-fits-ryan-star-gets-late-actor-kellys-old-clothes-3259873.html

Bizarre.

• Advertisement

he's on fire today...best scotch egg story ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

femur61 wrote: »

I think its fair to say that half the world did not no it,to single out tubridy who knew him is a non comment.you do know tubbers moonlights for the BBC dont you..

he's on fire today...best scotch egg story ever
    I heard that ,id love to see his breakfast..:D

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/if-tubridy-wants-to-make-a-go-of-2fm-he-needs-to-stop-taking-so-many-holidays-3264022.html

Ray (48) has one bit of advice for Tubridy to help build the listenership of his morning show.
    "If Ryan wants to make a go of 2fm," the presenter said, "he needs to stop taking so many holidays. He's taken 12 weeks off this year."

I made this point earlier in the year. I predicted that Tubbins would take 14 weeks off, which is outrageous for a self-proclaimed workaholic. He is wandering 'round RTE in a suit that he took from a dead man's family, muttering about pay-cuts and Mitt Romney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ghiertal wrote: »
    He is wandering 'round RTE in a suit that he took from a dead man's family

Was given.

• Advertisement

Was given.
    Dunno if thats better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

And it's not a suit it's two shirts. Also he never said he was wearing them, only that he'd been given them as a memento by the family.

there's enough material between 9am and 11 to complain about without making stuff up, the show has gotten worse since his return from London, it's like he's gone "zany"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

tinyk68 wrote: »
    And it's not a suit it's two shirts. Also he never said he was wearing them, only that he'd been given them as a memento by the family.

Don't expect facts from certain posters on this thread, only agendas.

Aidric wrote: »
    Don't expect facts from certain posters on this thread, only agendas.
    what posters? (besides Ghertal)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

what posters? (besides Ghertal)

Ash, I sometimes get the feeling you're the only person on Boards that actually listens to this show.

The Gerry Ryan thread on the other hand had daily feedback from posters. Its an accurate reflection on how 1) the quality and 2) the number of listeners, has diminished greatly.

For the flagship 2fm show, its a terrible indictment. If it wasn't for the usual couple of posters posting off topic items, this thread would be on page 5.

Anyone see the latest tv ads when he is wearing a space suit and dressed up like don johnson lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Is tubridy some sort of agony aunt now? He just read out a letter about some fella talking about leaving his fiance and kids for his soul mate etc. I don't believe this letter was real for one second. It just sounded 'off', that's the best way of describing it.

Who the hell looks for advice from a lad who keeps his own life so private? Something tells me it was written by one of the 2fm staffers.

Oh, there's been a "massive response from the listeners..." This stuff obviously works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Reading out 'letters' is an old Gerry Ryan show trick to get people to ring in, he even said it in his book that they made them up in the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    Is tubridy some sort of agony aunt now? He just read out a letter about some fella talking about leaving his fiance and kids for his soul mate etc.

Maybe he just used the letter that he got from Anne Marie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

argh wrong thread..

telekon wrote: »
    Is tubridy some sort of agony aunt now? He just read out a letter about some fella talking about leaving his fiance and kids for his soul mate etc. I don't believe this letter was real for one second. It just sounded 'off', that's the best way of describing it.

Who the hell looks for advice from a lad who keeps his own life so private? Something tells me it was written by one of the 2fm staffers.

Oh, there's been a "massive response from the listeners..." This stuff obviously works.
    I noticed this last week, there was a harrowing letter read out from a woman who was reasonably happily married and got a slap out of the blue from her husband.
    Now....i doubt very much the first port of call would be Ryan Tubridy? You're picking yourself up off the ground nursing a bloody nose, and Tubs is the person to call??? Call me shallow but i would hazzard a guess that one of the team emailed that, i don't know if they let tubs in on it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I noticed this last week, there was a harrowing letter read out from a woman who was reasonably happily married and got a slap out of the blue from her husband.
    Now....i doubt very much the first port of call would be Ryan Tubridy? You're picking yourself up off the ground nursing a bloody nose, and Tubs is the person to call??? Call me shallow but i would hazzard a guess that one of the team emailed that, i don't know if they let tubs in on it or not.

I'd rather send it into the Off The Ball Show before I'd send it into Tubbs.
    Obvious fake letter is obvious.

Ok i feel stupid even wondering if these emails are genuine....i doubt anybody in this day and age would email a serious personal issue to any radio station let alone "no experience" Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ok i feel stupid even wondering if these emails are genuine....i doubt anybody in this day and age would email a serious personal issue to any radio station let alone "no experience" Tubridy.

He's no Frankie Byrne thats for sure :D

http://www.thejournal.ie/jnlr-release-october-2012-649705-Oct2012/

Tubbers has lost nor gained anything this time round,despite the fact he has been off air more than on air..
    Its remains at 175,000

And just in ,tubbers pay cut and 3 more years,plus words of advice from ray darcy of he regular bbc moonlighting expeditions

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/ryan-tubridy-gets-three-more-years-but-less-money-in-rte-deal-3271957.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

and why does anyone post on this thread may i ask? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously...this is my first and last post..

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

lots of people write emails to lots of radio shows regarding any subject. just because its on tubridys show its automatically a fake email?? sometimes those emails are sent in by people who want it read out and get feedback on the subject from the audience. that whole subject of wife beating was handled very well by tubridy, he used raw words in some cases- "beating the **** out of his wife" to show it up for what it is. also, regarding the clothes that were given to him by that late actors family- werent they friends and shared a common interest in nice suits/shirts/ ties....?? they were a token gift left to him by that actor or his family?? big deal!! what was he supposed to do? not accept them or dump them in the bin?

id say if tubridy came up with the cure for cancer , certain posters would still find fault with it.

• Advertisement

lots of people write emails to lots of radio shows regarding any subject. just because its on tubridys show its automatically a fake email?? sometimes those emails are sent in by people who want it read out and get feedback on the subject from the audience. that whole subject of wife beating was handled very well by tubridy, he used raw words in some cases- "beating the **** out of his wife" to show it up for what it is. also, regarding the clothes that were given to him by that late actors family- werent they friends and shared a common interest in nice suits/shirts/ ties....?? they were a token gift left to him by that actor or his family?? big deal!! what was he supposed to do? not accept them or dump them in the bin?

id say if tubridy came up with the cure for cancer , certain posters would still find fault with it.
    He doesn't like science

Advertisement