Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jimmynokia wrote: »
    And just in ,tubbers pay cut and 3 more years,plus words of advice from ray darcy of he regular bbc moonlighting expeditions

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/ryan-tubridy-gets-three-more-years-but-less-money-in-rte-deal-3271957.html

According to the Indo, Tubbs is 37. According to his Wikipedia page, he's going to turn 40 next March. :confused:

Completely agree with Ray D'Arcy re Tubridy's long absences. He can hardly build up a loyal listenership if he's running off to London every opportunity he can get. It's ridiculous for Tubbs to think otherwise. I'm surprised his radio bosses tolerate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

lots of people write emails to lots of radio shows regarding any subject. just because its on tubridys show its automatically a fake email?? sometimes those emails are sent in by people who want it read out and get feedback on the subject from the audience. that whole subject of wife beating was handled very well by tubridy, he used raw words in some cases- "beating the **** out of his wife" to show it up for what it is. also, regarding the clothes that were given to him by that late actors family- werent they friends and shared a common interest in nice suits/shirts/ ties....?? they were a token gift left to him by that actor or his family?? big deal!! what was he supposed to do? not accept them or dump them in the bin?

id say if tubridy came up with the cure for cancer , certain posters would still find fault with it.

Your right! tubridy is the cancer RTEs cancer

According to the Indo, Tubbs is 37. According to his Wikipedia page, he's going to turn 40 next March. :confused:

Completely agree with Ray D'Arcy re Tubridy's long absences. He can hardly build up a loyal listenership if he's running off to London every opportunity he can get. It's ridiculous for Tubbs to think otherwise. I'm surprised his radio bosses tolerate this.

Tubbers has this thing about staying 37lol..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Maybe he just used the letter that he got from Anne Marie?

If you are referring to his divorce I suggest you take that conversation somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

That letter was so fake this morning. Id say Tubs wrote it himself as opposed to the researchers.

The intonation, the pauses for dramatic effect - should be up for an oscar/ PPI award for that farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    That letter was so fake this morning. Id say Tubs wrote it himself as opposed to the researchers.

The intonation, the pauses for dramatic effect - should be up for an oscar/ PPI award for that farce.

or maybe... he can actually read and use commas, full stops etc. in the right places.

or maybe... he can actually read and use commas, full stops etc. in the right places.

Oh yes, Tubs himself can absolutely "use" punctuation, in his own writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Oh yes, Tubs himself can absolutely "use" punctuation, in his own writing.

oh bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anyway....jnlr's are out....tubs remains the same, no doubt that will be counted as progress.

• Advertisement

Tubs went mental this morning....hasn't shaved in ......TWO days, he even called in one of his staff to observe his stubble..sounded like she had to go in real close to see it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Tubs went mental this morning....hasn't shaved in ......TWO days, he even called in one of his staff to observe his stubble..sounded like she had to go in real close to see it!!

390081_446838065351268_76137438_n.jpg

This is the FIFTH time that he has dressed up for his radio show in the last 3 weeks. He has worn a Lord Mayor costume, an astronaut suit, a Beatles white suit and a Craig Doyle mask. And now this. He is prancing around RTE like a child, wasting money on dressing up. Has there ever been such a childish presenter in RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ghiertal wrote: »

This is the FIFTH time that he has dressed up for his radio show in the last 3 weeks. He has worn a Lord Mayor costume, an astronaut suit, a Beatles white suit and a Craig Doyle mask. And now this. He is prancing around RTE like a child, wasting money on dressing up. Has there ever been such a childish presenter in RTE?

To be fair to him, it was for charity (Dress Up For Barnados). And the Beatles suit was for RTE's 'Big Music Week' lip-dub video.

Actually, he made an cringeworthy issue of Craig Doyle's beard the other week.

The designer stubble thing today probably goes back to that in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

ghiertal wrote: »

This isn't for the radio show, it's an add for the late late toy show but hey, who needs the truth when you can have a good rant instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought it was an artist's impression of what Tubridy would look like if his relations hadnt got him in to RTE..

I had to turn off during the wench talking about wolf whistling...epic radio...
    here's her website
    http://www.ihollaback.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I bet I know which side Mr Tubs is on about the wolf whistling.He was really quizzing that last one who agreed with that bint Amy.

Ryan you are supposed to be neutral, but you are afraid to go against "De Wimmin" in case they all tuned out of your show, and no would be listening then..............:rolleyes:.

But then I suppose all men are sleazy anyway....but you knew that Ryan anyway:P.

Do these women who find it offensive rather that men shout at them,"Hey look at that ugly woman going by"?

Jeez:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

However, asked if he agreed with D'Arcy's comments that he took too many holidays, Tubridy said: "No I don't, and anytime I spent at the BBC wasn't holidays. I was working. In fact I'm wrecked. I think I am on the show plenty, and I'm really happy with the way it's going." Tubridy Said: "We held on to our own which was a pleasant relief."

That's pretty disingenuous. D'Arcy was making the point about him not being on the show more so than him physically being on holidays... What is most important about this is the fact that his show "held it's own" listenership for the first time since he's taken it over.... And this is with him MISSING half of the shows... Would the show have gained listeners if he'd been gone the whole time? It's an interesting question.

• Advertisement

That's pretty disingenuous. D'Arcy was making the point about him not being on the show more so than him physically being on holidays... What is most important about this is the fact that his show "held it's own" listenership for the first time since he's taken it over.... And this is with him MISSING half of the shows... Would the show have gained listeners if he'd been gone the whole time? It's an interesting question.

So he got the time off to moonlight by the looks of it,disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

jimmynokia wrote: »
    So he got the time off to moonlight by the looks of it,disgraceful.

If he could moonlight permanently in some place like outer Mongolia, I don't think I'd have any problem with that. Actually at this stage I'd be happy if RTE paid him his present salary to stay off radio and tv :D

He should have taken the opportunity to bury Darcy, instead he missed the point entirely....darcy was referring to the fact that RTE spend a fortune on advertising tubs and he's never there, he's always on holidays..and the best answer tubs could muster was "i'm not on holidays i'm working in another country"
    He should have said " darcy's show is dying and he is very bitter"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

If he could moonlight permanently in some place like outer Mongolia, I don't think I'd have any problem with that. Actually at this stage I'd be happy if RTE paid him his present salary to stay off radio and tv :D

Radical suggestion here..... if you don't like the man then don't listen to his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

what's happening? almost 10 to 10 and Tubs hasn't mentioned bonking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Radical suggestion here..... if you don't like the man then don't listen to his show.

Radical suggestion indeed. Which reminds me, I must fix my spam post filter. Must be broken again.

Montrose bosses wondering whether Ryan Tubridy (2FM, weekdays) can attract a wider audience got a clue on Wednesday as he joshed with a caller about her supposedly outdated taste for the singer Beverly Craven. “Charles Stewart Parnell was a great fan,” he chuckled. “It gave him a pain in the Isaac Butt.” Puns about 19th-century Irish parliamentary leaders reinforce Tubridy’s young-fogey image but hardly appeal to a youth demographic.

He has an incredibly small mind. What are the odds he was writing something on Parnell the evening before. It was the same with JFK, couldn't resist mentioning him on the radio during the writing of that book. I tuned in twice this week, the first morning I heard him say "Are we becoming the C-section generation?" and the next one was that he had baked a cake. Tubridy you are not a bloody woman. It is an utterly repellent show now. Canoodling and conniving to all the middle aged women little bakers, making fairy cakes and jumping up and down in his mammys apron. Sad little women listening at home to his made up persona, all rushing onto facebook to tell him that he is a good boy and that his cake is nice but he put too much jam in it. The actual fact that he plays up to this is too pathetic for words. The main media personality in Ireland pretending to be a seven year old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

What about the sad little men who have nothing better to do than follow Tubridy's every move and post comments about him. People who actually listen to his show will know that it is a mix of light topics and also serious issues. Today there has been a lot of talk about how unemployment can cause problems in relationships. I don't think this is a topic just for women. It's men who find it harder to lose their jobs and who struggle more with adjusting to not being a breadwinner and I think Ryan has handled the issue very sympathetically. Some people on here need to get a life and wake up to the things that actually need to be discussed.

He hasn't stopped promoting the toy show all week. So childish. I cant ever remember Gay Byrne or Pat Kenny using their radio programme like this. He is obviously desperate to get a big audience, so that he can regurgitate it endlessly. He is into cheap, tacky, low-grade entertainment and he seems to have little faith in the general public. He seems to think to all women are mindless bimbos who cry at the drop of a hat. It is a programme designed for an overweight, middle-aged woman who reads womens magazine as well as watching the X-Factor and reading the Sunday World. Tubridy has nothing in common with her and in fact i'd guess that he hates the show's current content. Becoming an advocate for women suffering domestic abuse is so low and very cynical but it shows that Tubridy is willing to do anything to rescue his career.

• Advertisement

tinyk68 wrote: »
    What about the sad little men who have nothing better to do than follow Tubridy's every move and post comments about him. People who actually listen to his show will know that it is a mix of light topics and also serious issues. Today there has been a lot of talk about how unemployment can cause problems in relationships. I don't think this is a topic just for women. It's men who find it harder to lose their jobs and who struggle more with adjusting to not being a breadwinner and I think Ryan has handled the issue very sympathetically. Some people on here need to get a life and wake up to the things that actually need to be discussed.
    ah it wasn't always like that!! Remember tubs landed on the scene and was doing everything his way...until they realised his way wasn't working, so they tried another way...and that failed and they changed producers and that failed so they just went back to what Gerry did....and did it in a cynical manner...they must have spent a fortune straightening out that show...

in fairness, he's probably better than Darcy at this point, until his ratings go up again and then it's back to JFK and f**ing Jellybeans

Advertisement