Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

ghiertal wrote: »
    He hasn't stopped promoting the toy show all week. So childish. I cant ever remember Gay Byrne or Pat Kenny using their radio programme like this. He is obviously desperate to get a big audience, so that he can regurgitate it endlessly. He is into cheap, tacky, low-grade entertainment and he seems to have little faith in the general public. He seems to think to all women are mindless bimbos who cry at the drop of a hat. It is a programme designed for an overweight, middle-aged woman who reads womens magazine as well as watching the X-Factor and reading the Sunday World. Tubridy has nothing in common with her and in fact i'd guess that he hates the show's current content. Becoming an advocate for women suffering domestic abuse is so low and very cynical but it shows that Tubridy is willing to do anything to rescue his career.

What a small-minded, angry and spiteful post. Most right-thinking people find domestic violence to be repugnant, and highlighting its continued existence can only be a good thing in raising public awareness. To suggest that Tubridy is doing so merely to raise his own profile is a vile think to say, and says more about you and your mindset that anything else.

What would you have him talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What a small-minded, angry and spiteful post. Most right-thinking people find domestic violence to be repugnant, and highlighting its continued existence can only be a good thing in raising public awareness. To suggest that Tubridy is doing so merely to raise his own profile is a vile think to say, and says more about you and your mindset that anything else.

What would you have him talk about?
    to be fair, the show has only gone that way recently, to halt sliding ratings, therefore they actually have done this to raise the profile of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

tinyk68 wrote: »
    What about the sad little men who have nothing better to do than follow Tubridy's every move and post comments about him. People who actually listen to his show will know that it is a mix of light topics and also serious issues. Today there has been a lot of talk about how unemployment can cause problems in relationships. I don't think this is a topic just for women. It's men who find it harder to lose their jobs and who struggle more with adjusting to not being a breadwinner and I think Ryan has handled the issue very sympathetically. Some people on here need to get a life and wake up to the things that actually need to be discussed.

Tubridy would sympatise alright just an act really.
    Consider the wage he is on and the moneys worth???
    No doubt he will be off tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

to be fair, the show has only gone that way recently, to halt sliding ratings, therefore they actually have done this to raise the profile of the show.
    Radio programme in efforts to raise profile and ratings shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

jimmynokia wrote: »

Tubridy would sympatise alright just an act really.
    Consider the wage he is on and the moneys worth???
    No doubt he will be off tomorrow morning.

Jealous much?begrudge much?

Bet you he isn't off in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Much improved this morning, Dave playing some good music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wrong much?

Daves been great as always this morning. Would really love if this was a permanent arrangement...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Radio programme in cynical efforts to raise profile and ratings shocker.

You left out the most important word.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why was tubs off this morning ?

Edit: Oh ya that thing called the toy show.

Ahaaa he was off ,anything to say????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was waiting for Jimmy's lap of honour.. :D

telekon wrote: »

Wrong much?

Daves been great as always this morning. Would really love if this was a permanent arrangement...

No I'm not wrong.He is in work and was this morning.

See above answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

Genuine question. There is posters here who move beyond the normal criticism that is so easy and prevalent on the web, and start to engage in a sinister type of mindless loathing and bile-spouting. Tubridy's appearance is remarked upon, his motives for dealing with topics are called into question, he gets called 'the cancer' of RTE. Vicious and genuinely disturbing stuff.

Why do you listen to a show where the presenter is someone you appear to genuinely hate?* Have you ever considered not listening to him, or questioning why you feel such an emotion for someone who has a radio show?

*And using the word hate in its strongest meaning.

Genuine question. There is posters here who move beyond the normal criticism that is so easy and prevalent on the web, and start to engage in a sinister type of mindless loathing and bile-spouting. Tubridy's appearance is remarked upon, his motives for dealing with topics are called into question, he gets called 'the cancer' of RTE. Vicious and genuinely disturbing stuff.

Why do you listen to a show where the presenter is someone you appear to genuinely hate?* Have you ever considered not listening to him, or questioning why you feel such an emotion for someone who has a radio show?

He's just flavour of the month to moan about.The abuse he gets is pathetic,I mean what has he done wrong to warrant it?

Leave him to it,if its not your cup of tea don't listen,by all means say you don't like him but to abuse and call him names,reminds me of schoolyard bullying,childish and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Don't hold your breath for a reasoned reply. The question has been asked several times on here.

See above answer.

Fail! Emmm fanning was in his seat.

Aidric wrote: »

Don't hold your breath for a reasoned reply. The question has been asked several times on here.
    Hi ryan,all set for tonight???

Fail! Emmm fanning was in his seat.

Em sorry he wasn't off,he was in work in rte in preparation for the toy show,so he wasn't off as someone suggested.

Em sorry he wasn't off,he was in work in rte in preparation for the toy show,so he wasn't off as someone suggested.
    He was not presenting the radio show,ie not working in usual slot.

Preparing for the late late is not work for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Neither Pat Kenny nor Gay Byrne ever took the day off to host the Toy Show. I don't think it requires special preparation. I will admit that I hate him and I most certainly won't be watching tonight but you are most welcome to wallow in the utter garbage that he produces. That The Toy Show is his favoured occasion of the year speaks volumes about the man. He is unable to handle intelligent, high profile guests. He only feels comfortable with children or the riff-raff who come on his radio show.

ghiertal wrote: »

Neither Pat Kenny nor Gay Byrne ever took the day off to host the Toy Show. I don't think it requires special preparation. I will admit that I hate him and I most certainly won't be watching tonight but you are most welcome to wallow in the utter garbage that he produces. That The Toy Show is his favoured occasion of the year speaks volumes about the man. He is unable to handle intelligent, high profile guests. He only feels comfortable with children or the riff-raff who come on his radio show.

So you hate him because of this?seriously the mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Becoming an advocate for women suffering domestic abuse is so low and very cynical but it shows that Tubridy is willing to do anything to rescue his career.[/QUOTE]

What a digusting comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: More Ryan Tubridy, Less Giving Out. Thanks

I gave him a chance this morning.. not sure why, I think it was when I heard his ad on Radio One and hit the channel up button by reflex... Same old nonsense, self indulgent metaphors to prove how clever he is, poor attempts at humour that only Catherine Fulvio would find funny, and uses of the phrases "jeepers" :mad: and "acting the maggot"... :mad:

Then I switched back to Kathryn Thomas on Radio One. Now, I've never been a huge fan of her before, but I think she has always been excellent on that 9am-10am slot.. She is FAR better than Murray and Tubridy, and should be given one of their jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone know which Ellie Goulding song he played this morning? Think it was after 10:30 but not 100%...

EDIT: Never mind, Rick played it towards the end of his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Sent another personal issues type email to himself this morning.

Really, it is so obvious. He actually added extra detail to the original scenario once he got the callers on air giving their input.

If it was a real text or email, he would have forgotten all the relevant details of the story within 2 minutes.

Great cutting edge stuff Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

does tubs still exist?

Dear God, Ryan was talking to a woman who happened to mention that her husband died in a house fire, and he decides that it's appropriate to tell her about a guy they had on the Late Late promoting his fire escape pod...

• Advertisement

oh no... Has Paul had a few :(

Advertisement