Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Is Paul McGrath drunk ?

Its 10am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

he sounded it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Didn't hear it, just saw the headline on the front of the star so just came here to see what it was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Min wrote: »
    Didn't hear it, just saw the headline on the front of the star so just came here to see what it was about.

Paul had a row with a load of Liverpool fans on the Twitter machine after the game on Sunday... So RTE rang him .. It was very obvious from his first few responses that he wasnt sober, but Tubridy persisted with asking him "Are you still off the beer" to which he responded with a very unconvincing "yeah"...

And just in case anybody had missed the fact that he was worst for wear, Tubridy said "is it okay if I give you a ring later off air"... Why didnt he just ring him off air in the first place if he was a real friend?? Because if they wanted what's best for Paul they wouldnt have put him on ait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Paul had a row with a load of Liverpool fans on the Twitter machine after the game on Sunday... So RTE rang him .. It was very obvious from his first few responses that he wasnt sober, but Tubridy persisted with asking him "Are you still off the beer" to which he responded with a very unconvincing "yeah"...

And just in case anybody had missed the fact that he was worst for wear, Tubridy said "is it okay if I give you a ring later off air"... Why didnt he just ring him off air in the first place if he was a real friend?? Because if they wanted what's best for Paul they wouldnt have put him on ait.

Yeah, it sounds very wrong what they did, courting controversy by exploiting a person for the extra coverage it will bring...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I dont think they set out to get more coverage by duping Paul to go on the show in a mess. I listened to the show and Ryan did say that they were talking to him at 8am that morning and he sounded fine, its clear if you listened to the interview that Ryan sounded like he was genuinely surprised and concerned about Paul and the fact that he didnt sound the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

S28382 wrote: »
    I dont think they set out to get more coverage by duping Paul to go on the show in a mess. I listened to the show and Ryan did say that they were talking to him at 8am that morning and he sounded fine, its clear if you listened to the interview that Ryan sounded like he was genuinely surprised and concerned about Paul and the fact that he didnt sound the best.

So Paul McGrath was sober at 8am and an hour later he was drunk? If you knew anything about him, you would know how unlikely this is.

So RTE rang him .. It was very obvious from his first few responses that he wasnt sober, but Tubridy persisted with asking him "Are you still off the beer" to which he responded with a very unconvincing "yeah"...

Tubridy would have been talking to him seconds before they went on-air. He should have had the decency to pull the interview. I can't say what i think of him(tubbins) because i would be banned.

ghiertal wrote: »
    So Paul McGrath was sober at 8am and an hour later he was drunk? If you knew anything about him, you would know how unlikely this is.

I dont know about Pauls drinking habits but i seriously doubt RTE would just let him be interviewed if they knew he was in that state. When somebody from RTE spoke to him at 8 maybe he was a little bit drunk and they thought nothing of it as he could of sounded ok then come half 9/945 he was worse(which of course is possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MrLaurel

i seriously doubt RTE would just let him be interviewed if they knew he was in that state.

They let Brian Cowen do it........

• Advertisement

MrLaurel wrote: »
    They let Brian Cowen do it........

Brian Cowen is a twat Paul Mcgrath is a legend :)

But i do see where your coming from.

Regardless of who it was its a sad way to be and considering who Paul is its such a shame for him to be still caught up in the drink.

I dont think they set out to get more coverage by duping Paul to go on the show in a mess.

I dont think he was set up or anything like that ... I just find it a bit difficult to believe that whoever was talking to him between 8 and 9 did not realise that he had had a few....

Also, I think when Tubridy twigged that he was drunk he shouldnt have asked him "are you still off the drink?", when it was very obvious to anybody listening that he was clearly ON the drink, and very recently... And then he announces to the nation that he's ringing him after the show....

If he really wanted to protect Paul from the stories that appeared in the paper yesterday, then he should have discretely cut the interview short... And called him after the show WITHOUT informing the nation..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Would it not be possible that Paul was okay when they rang him before he came in air at 8? In between he probably drowned himself with alcohol and came on half cut. Tubridy would have thought he was fine and have been told he was in fine form.

I dont think he was set up or anything like that ... I just find it a bit difficult to believe that whoever was talking to him between 8 and 9 did not realise that he had had a few....

Also, I think when Tubridy twigged that he was drunk he shouldnt have asked him "are you still off the drink?", when it was very obvious to anybody listening that he was clearly ON the drink, and very recently... And then he announces to the nation that he's ringing him after the show....

If he really wanted to protect Paul from the stories that appeared in the paper yesterday, then he should have discretely cut the interview short... And called him after the show WITHOUT informing the nation..

I agree Ryan should of cut the interview short but to be fair Ryan did sound concerned about Paul and im sure in that given moment he was more concerned about the welfare of Paul and not his show so maybe it didnt cross his mind quickly enough to stop the interview, i really think Ryan was caught by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who is the child he has on with him now?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Who is the child he has on with him now?:confused:
    he's so at ease talking to kids...

Would it be great to get the call to say that you're getting the Lance Armstrong, says Tubridy.. :rolleyes: Can you imagine it?

RTE Staffer:"We got a call from Lance Armstrong's people. They want you to do the big interview, Ryan!!"
    Tubridy: "Armstrong? The painter?"

Would it be great to get the call to say that you're getting the Lance Armstrong, says Tubridy.. :rolleyes: Can you imagine it?

RTE Staffer:"We got a call from Lance Armstrong's people. They want you to do the big interview, Ryan!!"
    Tubridy: "Armstrong? The painter?"
    I love a bit of Louis Armstrong when I'm shooting the breeze

Seriously though ....Darcy and tubs ....

I think Darcy is going to lose more ground to tubs this year. I feel Darcy has jumped the shark and is losing credibility by the day. Tubs on the other hand has exhausted every trick in the book and has finally found his winning formula which is (who would have thought) to emulate the Gerry Ryan Show (with tubridy).
    Both Shows are total scutter, but i really feel darcy is sinking further into the scutter and tubs is starting to float a bit. Tubs is a floater.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

I think Darcy is going to lose more ground to tubs this year. I feel Darcy has jumped the shark and is losing credibility by the day. Tubs on the other hand has exhausted every trick in the book and has finally found his winning formula which is (who would have thought) to emulate the Gerry Ryan Show (with tubridy).
    Both Shows are total scutter, but i really feel darcy is sinking further into the scutter and tubs is starting to float a bit. Tubs is a floater.

If you are going make such a non directional slate of these show's at least make some points as to why you think 'both shows are scutter' ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

LeakyGee wrote: »
    If you are going make such a non directional slate of these show's at least make some points as to why you think 'both shows are scutter' ??

And your point is?

Tubbins's main problem will be that he must have lost a massive proportion of the male audience and that he is not going to get it back by baking a cake. However housewives do control the purse-strings in many homes so this may help swing the advertising revenue back in his favour. I haven't listened in ages (I'm straight), but i look at his facebook page from time to time and nothing has changed since September.

LeakyGee wrote: »

Grow up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Yeah I switched from Ray D'Arcy to Tubridy a month or two ago after listening to D'Arcy for years. Kind of warming to Colm Hayes now too. Not Tubridy's biggest fan just yet but whatever he is doing it's better than D'Arcy anyway, he's a bit more upbeat and positive at least, D'Arcy was draining the life out of me!

How many more times is he gonna replay that murder of the guard... move on ffs... you're not helping ..

He has a very romantic view of the Irish cheap labour "that built america" as he says, never mentions the Polish here in Ireland.

How many more times is he gonna replay that murder of the guard... move on ffs... you're not helping ..
    He is unreal,but thats him he loves the death stuff.he is really taking the pee with it .

jimmynokia wrote: »
    He is unreal,but thats him he loves the death stuff.he is really taking the pee with it .

He says he "acts the maggot" during the Late Late ad breaks to alleviate the anxiety.. I can only presume he is taking about the interviews..

He says he "acts the maggot" during the Late Late ad breaks to alleviate the anxiety.. I can only presume he is taking about the interviews..
    he gets down on the ground and wriggles around the floor shouting "look at me....i'm a maggot"

• Advertisement

Wonder how many days off he has now

Advertisement