Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Love dave fanning being on.
    That man should have his own week day show. Good music guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Love dave fanning being on.
    That man should have his own week day show. Good music guaranteed.
    was it a one off or is he on for the week do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

miketv wrote: »
    was it a one off or is he on for the week do you know?

Rest of the week. Ryan Tubridy's father died today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sad news indeed. Our condolences from all at Boards Radio to the Tubridy family at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Oh no, I hadn't heard :( Sad to hear that, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anyone else find Dave Fanning rude to his guests?

Constantly interrupting, trying to put them down.

And for the love of god, will somebody confiscate his copy of '1979' by The Smashing Pumpkins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Anyone else find Dave Fanning rude to his guests?

Constantly interrupting, trying to put them down.

And for the love of god, will somebody confiscate his copy of '1979' by The Smashing Pumpkins!

No matter who is on the airwaves someone finds a reason to give out about them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

jimmynokia wrote: »

What are you on about?

• Advertisement

McBauer wrote: »
    What are you on about?

Maybe if you opened your eyes and read the story?
    Fanning is a close friend of ryans and was sitting in for him on his show all week.
    His wife {fannings) Attended the funeral .
    Would you like to be working while your wife attended your friends funeral.
    Im pretty sure fanning would of liked to go and pay his respects.

Hopefully this clears up this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The joke of you thanking the condolences post was lost on none of the regular posters here.

A couple of days later and you're back with your sniping.

Aidric wrote: »
    The joke of you thanking the condolences post was lost on none of the regular posters here.

A couple of days later and you're back with your sniping.

Aidric what are you one about now? I shared my condolences and meant them.
    I am not sniping at anybody i was simply pointing out a reason.
    So stay quite unless you have something coherent to say.Especially at this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe if you opened your eyes and read the story?
    Fanning is a close friend of ryans and was sitting in for him on his show all week.
    His wife {fannings) Attended the funeral .
    Im pretty sure fanning would of liked to go and pay his respects.

Hopefully this clears up this for you.
    Jesus christ, give it a rest already! Maybe Ryan asked him to do the show for him!

Jesus christ, give it a rest already! Maybe Ryan asked him to do the show for him!

Another person that does not get the gist you think RTE would of given dave the few hours off and have somebody else in...

Is anybody awake here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No but I'd be able to deal with covering my friend's shift during his dad's funeral.

No but I'd be able to deal with covering my friend's shift during his dad's funeral.

Fair enough i just got the impression dave would rather of been there,but thats my opinion.
    Some people here ONE in particular just reads into things too much as always backbiting and defending this particular incident he is talking through his hoop.

I gave my condolences and genuinely meant them.

Another person that does not get the gist you think RTE would of given dave the few hours off and have somebody else in...

Is anybody awake here ?
    We get the gist alright. You hate RTE and are willing to use the death of Ryans father to press that home.

Classy.

Your a fool to even suggest that.GROW UP!
    If i dislike certain things about RTE thats irrelevant to this. Im just getting that impression.
    So you can drivel along with your childish thoughts all you like,your the one trying to press the wrong message home here not me.
    You sound like a very angry man. It would explain your posts throught this thread going back a few years now!

You sound like a very angry man. It would explain your posts throught this thread going back a few years now!

Im not angry at all.
    Have you nothing else to do but sit here and drag a pointless argument out?

• Advertisement

Im not angry at all.
    Have you nothing else to do but sit here and drag a pointless argument out?
    Says the man that has a comment on almost every page of this forum, even though he hates tubridys show.

That's a lot of hate!

Says the man that has a comment on almost every page of this forum, even though he hates tubridys show.

That's a lot of hate!

Every page on the forum? Do you really realize how many threads are on the forum.Or is an issue of does not compute?
    Clearly talking to a child here..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

We get the gist alright. You hate RTE and are willing to use the death of Ryans father to press that home.

Classy.

That's a disgusting comment. How about 2fm releasing Tubridy's latest audience figures on the day of his father's funeral?

ghiertal wrote: »

That's a disgusting comment. How about 2fm releasing Tubridy's latest audience figures on the day of his father's funeral?
    Jesus, for the amount of time you spend on here you would imagine you would know RTE don't release the jnlr's. But carry on the hating you two!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Jesus, for the amount of time you spend on here you would imagine you would know RTE don't release the jnlr's. But carry on the hating you two!

Why the hell is Tubridy prying into callers' private lives then. I have never heard him mention that his parents divorced or that his has half-siblings, or that his father was a doctor. He is just not suitable for this programme. Jimmy was one of the few people who said that Ryan would be a disaster on 2fm. 160,000 listeners. Gerry must have had over 400,000. We don't hate Tubridy but it must be obvious by now that he is finished. Who wants to listen to him bawling his eyes out over his dad for the next six months. I was listening two weeks ago when he said that he wanted to celebrate and honour the life of a homeless man who had died during the week. He invited people to ring in with stories about the poor man. It was a contrived and disrespectful sham but then what family member would compain about it? Where was your indignation then?

Why the hell is Tubridy prying into callers' private lives then. I have never heard him mention that his parents divorced or that his has half-siblings, or that his father was a doctor. He is just not suitable for this programme. Jimmy was one of the few people who said that Ryan would be a disaster on 2fm. 160,000 listeners. Gerry must have had over 400,000. We don't hate Tubridy but it must be obvious by now that he is finished. Who wants to listen to him bawling his eyes out over his dad for the next six months. I was listening two weeks ago when he said that he wanted to celebrate and honour the life of a homeless man who had died during the week. He invited people to ring in with stories about the poor man. It was a contrived and disrespectful sham but then what family member would compain about it? Where was your indignation then?
    It sounds like the hate is eating ye up from inside.let the jealousy go and you'll feel a lot better in yourself.

Or here is an idea stop listening to tubs!

Ever here of flicking tru stations? And hearing the same borefest every day?
    The figures speak for themselves.FACT.Unless you can tell us any difference.
    He aint shedding listeners for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Why the hell is Tubridy prying into callers' private lives then. I have never heard him mention that his parents divorced or that his has half-siblings, or that his father was a doctor. He is just not suitable for this programme.

Yeah! He should talk about his private life more! :mad::mad::mad:
    Who wants to listen to him bawling his eyes out over his dad for the next six months.

Yeah! He should talk about his private life... less? :confused::confused::confused:
    We don't hate Tubridy

Utter nonsense:
    I will admit that I hate him
    Tubridy is a busted flush but he still is incredibly arrogant and conceited. I hate him.
    Some person asked why do i continue to listen to his show? Its because i hate him.

Get a hobby, man. This obsession isn't healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Jimmy Nokia banned for 5 days for been uncivil, and basically been a nuisance on this thread yet again.

May I remind everyone that Ryan Tubridy love him or hate him has just lost his father so in light of that fact can I remind all posters to remember that this is a thread about Ryan Tubridys radio shows and not who did or did not attend his fathers funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

F.F.S. people, leave the guy alone :mad::mad:

if you think he's sh*t just don't listen. If you like him then discuss him positively.

So many brave keyboard warriors who have the answers to everything but know nothing about the radio industry.

Advertisement