Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I looked up his twitter to see if you were right..

"Also today,we launch the Tubridy Culture Club.Every month we ask you to watch a dvd or read a book, etc. and then we discuss at end of month"

What's next, an item on knitting or hot water bottles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

I have to agree Tubridy is just awful on the radio - he doesn't bother reviewing the papers properly and as mentioned his endless talk of JFK, Twitter annoys me no end.
    Usually i just catch first 20 -45 mins and then have to turn off.

However the most stupid and weird thing I heard him discuss was how he finds people and even children who call their parents "Mammy & Daddy" creepy and weird.

I wonder does he get his own children to call him Mr Tubridy or Ryan.

On a related topic I think I heard him metion he also finds it creepy people who keep a baby keepsake /scrapbook. This was when he was banging on about being asked to be a godfather.

Best thing he said - today Powercourts waterfall is better than Niagra Falls as you can get tea and brack at Powerscourt.!!!

Also hates pyrmaids and other wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Has anyone contacted RTE2 to complain that they are wasting tax payers money with Turbidy on the radio. Great on the LLS but he is to nerdy if they wanted to catch the niche market for that time of morning, maybe on lyric FM but not RTE2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Its so bad now, I listen to it to see how much worse it can get. Could he have gone on any more today about Imelda May ? Is he dying about her or what?
    Has a day gone by yet where he hasnt mentioned a US president? Who fúcking cares what JFK did 50 years ago?
    And as for the tweeting, haw haw, tweet, books, politics, beatles the whole time, I'd say he'll be gone in the new year.
    As bad as he is though, he couldnt be near as bad as "eh Ray eh Darcy eh" or the Parachute man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I wonder does he get his own children to call him Mr Tubridy or Ryan.

I think it might be Mr T. I heard the first 15 mins or so this morning and the chat with one of his production team was real Alan Partridge cingeworthy stuff. She called him Mr T twice and I don't think it was meant in an ironic way. I also noticed that his email address is now Tubs @ as opposed to plain old Tubridy, really trying too hard.

Seeing as there's a 'spot the cliched reference' game here, I'll add mine.
    One of his favourite recent books, West Wing, JFK, magical Galway and.....yes twitter, were all mentioned in my short listening time.

So bad it's good, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I switched on for a few mintues this morning. People were phoning in with secrets that they couldn't tell anyone.
    One lady texted that her dog was expecting puppies and she couldn't tell her husband because he would go mad.
    Mr. T and two other people that were in the studio said 'No problem, drown them all in a bucket'.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

femur61 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted RTE2 to complain that they are wasting tax payers money with Turbidy on the radio. Great on the LLS but he is to nerdy if they wanted to catch the niche market for that time of morning, maybe on lyric FM but not RTE2.

i sent this link to 2fm LOL
    I THINK I WILL TWEET HIM TOO TWITTER TWITTER TWEET JFK JFK :mad:
    jelly beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

The thing about the secrets was so pathetic, rick o shea has done this before. I don't believe that more than maybe one was genuine. Thought the same about the puppy thing, such bad taste. Mornings on 2fm are boring it's like listening to the 'friend' you can't stand and so cringeworthy. Sick of all the twitter talk, Gerry never once ranted on about the social network thing but now it's taken over his and colm 'i have a dog' hayes :mad: show!! I would love to know the truth about overall listeners opinions, but won't which is why I'm so glad this thread exists. I hope the 'twit' is as vain as he comes across and reads it! Him trying to interact with Hector is mortifying, what a combination! Hector would prob run a mile from him ordinarily and it comes across. I love hector BTW. Please RTE get rid of Tubridy. Love the idea of the twitter account to slag him even though I'm not a twitterer :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

polly78 wrote: »
    colm 'i have a dog' hayes :mad: :p.

"awright awright, its what you wanna talk about, its what we wanna talk about, its what they wanna talk about"
    "bobeye bobeye"

Did he mention that he has a daughter named Holly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i sent this link to 2fm LOL
    I THINK I WILL TWEET HIM TOO TWITTER TWITTER TWEET JFK JFK :mad:
    jelly beans

Powerful article in this week's New Yorker on the innate anti-revolutionary nature of Twitter and Facebook. Titled "SMALL CHANGE Why the Revolution will not be Tweeted". Tubridy, and indeed anyone who thinks there is something "radical" about social networking, should read it.

He'ld probably find this comforting, deep down. But there ain't nothin' edgy, duurty, or dangerous about tweeting. Its basically a control system for nerds.
    Small Change
    Why the revolution will not be tweeted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

In the interests of fairness, I just listened to Tubs do an interview with a man who lost his wife to cancer. Despite mentions of trips to Washington and an interest in US politics by the guy, Tubs did not divert from the focus of the story. He seemed plenty sympathetic and to be honest it was a perfectly competent interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nmoran wrote: »
    In the interests of fairness, I just listened to Tubs do an interview with a man who lost his wife to cancer. Despite mentions of trips to Washington and an interest in US politics by the guy, Tubs did not divert from the focus of the story. He seemed plenty sympathetic and to be honest it was a perfectly competent interview.
    professional Interviewer conducts competent interview

unless tubs was warned ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

professional Interviewer conducts competent interview

Yeah I know its faint praise and all that, but I have been a big critic in this thread and I thought it only fair to say that he did a decent job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

nmoran wrote: »
    Yeah I know its faint praise and all that, but I have been a big critic in this thread and I thought it only fair to say that he did a decent job.

Earned his wage TODAY so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Its a good show,he is doing a good job I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Its a good show,he is doing a good job I say.

ic .... i must have a bee in my bonnet..thats what it must be..
    theres me thinking a radio presenter on a prime time slot shouldnt just babble on about twtter or books or his obsession with being slagged in the street...i must be mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

he has to go full stop

his conversation is just
    jeepers
    twitter
    tweet
    bil clinton
    book ,what book are you reading
    book book book book book book twitter twitter twitter tweet tweet
    l

the boring one dimensional groundhog rote = inability to retain the young ones

sad sad sad....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

Who are the producers on his show?? They are equally to blame and do have quite a bit of say, and especially the so called head or 'Editor In Charge', yvonne judge.. The next JNLR figures will make interesting reading...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No. I could never stand the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

and how on earth does tubridy think its cool to natter on hoplessly to the newsreader..and babble on in incoherent jabber to those kids he has working for him...i mean ffs...this all shows up a production team with no new ideas...and a presenter with less than zero personality...isnt that right newsreader girl...come back come back..pls talk to me...lol

what a bunch of radio no marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jane wani wrote: »
    and how on earth does tubridy think its cool to natter on hoplessly to the newsreader..and babble on in incoherent jabber to those kids he has working for him...i mean ffs...this all shows up a production team with no new ideas...and a presenter with less than zero personality...isnt that right newsreader girl...come back come back..pls talk to me...lol

Drives me fuckin' nuts, this shit.
    You'd hear better in a pub jacks.

Barname wrote: »
    the boring one dimensional groundhog rote = inability to retain the young ones

sad sad sad....

????????????????????

jane wani wrote: »
    and babble on in incoherent jabber to those kids he has working for him...

lol, have to say any time he has dragged one of the production team in to the studio, they have come across as very childish..

He was on again today about books, his culture club, re-tweeting, Reagan *yaaawwnn*.... only tuned in to hear the papers (I'm saving the trees), and I felt like going back to bed at 9.20am... The show needs a serious shake up, starting with him being told that he will be immediately fired if he EVER mentions i) Kennedy ii) Twitter iii) books on the show again... He has a habit of alienating his audience, droning on and on about topics that are of interest to only him..I'm really surprised in particular they have told him to STFU about Twitter... Every fukn minute..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

????????????????????

dont be so defensive.... not you

turgidy....

he just has to go full stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

i've hated him since his early 2 fm days when he would say the full irish at least 25 times every morning,think he has been found out tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Yep, I think Ian Dempsey called it right a few months ago. Tubs was just a filler between morning Ireland and P.K.
    Even parachute man is better than tubs at talking to punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He was on again today about books, his culture club, re-tweeting, Reagan *yaaawwnn*.... only tuned in to hear the papers (I'm saving the trees), and I felt like going back to bed at 9.20am... The show needs a serious shake up, starting with him being told that he will be immediately fired if he EVER mentions i) Kennedy ii) Twitter iii) books on the show again... He has a habit of alienating his audience, droning on and on about topics that are of interest to only him..I'm really surprised in particular they have told him to STFU about Twitter... Every fukn minute..
    How many times are you going to make the same point? It kind of lost it's effectiveness after the tenth.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    How many times are you going to make the same point? It kind of lost it's effectiveness after the tenth.

didnt seem to be hitting home after the first hundred times.. It's a war of attrition at this stage.

Advertisement