Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Am I the only one who feels that if someone is going to quote an article then they should at least put quote tags around it (even if they are including a link)?

I know its probably not in the charter but you see the majority of posters use these tags. It leave it easy for other to identify what is someone's opinion and what is something they've just copied and pasted from another site.

And ghiertal, its seems most of your posts are just a few line taken from an article along with the link to that article. You want to share them with everyone here but dont you ever have an opinion on these stories? Boards is a discussion forum after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Am I the only one who feels that if someone is going to quote an article then they should at least put quote tags around it (even if they are including a link)?

I know its probably not in the charter but you see the majority of posters use these tags. It leave it easy for other to identify what is someone's opinion and what is something they've just copied and pasted from another site.

And ghiertal, its seems most of your posts are just a few line taken from an article along with the link to that article. You want to share them with everyone here but dont you ever have an opinion on these stories? Boards is a discussion forum after all!

Have you not learned that you cant quote full article? This is in the charter! And a act called SOPA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Have you not learned that you cant quote full article? This is in the charter! And a act called SOPA!

Where did I say anything about quoting full articles? I said if someone is going to copy and paste content from another website then maybe they should put quote tags around that text.....and maybe even give us their own opinions on these articles.

Where did I say anything about quoting full articles? I said if someone is going to copy and paste content from another website then maybe they should put quote tags around that text.....and maybe even give us their own opinions on these articles.
    What's stopping you from quoting articles? Nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus Wept ^^ Whoooooooooooooooooooosh

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Jesus Wept ^^ Whoooooooooooooooooooosh
    hello noel. :-) 1

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Tubs snubbed in JFK 50th commemoration events

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hook-to-be-a-driving-force-at-jfk-event-29294962.html

George Hook will lead the commemoration celebrations for the late US president historic visit here.

Hook was present for JFK's famous speech in New Ross, Co Wexford. He has now been enlisted, alongside retired RTE newscaster Anne Doyle, as master of ceremonies for 'The Homecoming' official event in New Ross, on June 22.
    He will also be among those at Arlington Cemetery in Washington next month, for the lighting of The Gathering Torch from the JFK Eternal Flame, and will accompany it as it journeys to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I bet he will be there nonetheless.Poor Ryan the poor ol' crater,he might try to muscle in on the other two fogies:P.

ghiertal wrote: »

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hook-to-be-a-driving-force-at-jfk-event-29294962.html

George Hook will lead the commemoration celebrations for the late US president historic visit here.

Hook was present for JFK's famous speech in New Ross, Co Wexford. He has now been enlisted, alongside retired RTE newscaster Anne Doyle, as master of ceremonies for 'The Homecoming' official event in New Ross, on June 22.
    He will also be among those at Arlington Cemetery in Washington next month, for the lighting of The Gathering Torch from the JFK Eternal Flame, and will accompany it as it journeys to Ireland.

I bet mr tubridy aint happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubridy tries to align himself with JFK... What do they have in common?? They are both from privileged backgrounds and they were both on sinking ships..

• Advertisement

He will quietly mark the occasion with family and friends tonight, but broadcaster Ryan Tubridy will officially toast turning 40 with the help of his old classmates next month.
    The RTE television and radio presenter will host a joint party down the country in June with his peers from Blackrock College secondary school in and the group have rented a private residence especially for the event.
    “We all got together for our 21st birthdays as well so we’re going to do the same for this birthday,” Tubridy told the Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/ryan-tubridy-gets-ready-to-sit-in-for-chris-evans-as-nicky-byrne-takes-his-seat-29302281.html

Has any other presenter on RTE ever made such a big deal of his/her birthday? So childish and ever so pathetic. He is having three birthday parties, all held in exclusive venues and yet he pretends to know how the average citizen who is struggling to get by feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

What is it about the Irish and this endless need to worship US presidents?

He was speaking to jfks nephew today on radio,the closest he will ever get to jfk,now that hook has the gig.

RTE presenter Ryan Tubridy celebrated turning 40 yesterday with colleagues from the State broadcaster.
    Tubridy was photographed out in O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row having a beer. He said the group were going out for dinner afterwards.
    He has previously said how it doesn't bother him that he's getting older.
    "I'm very comfortable with where I am now. I've got a lot in to date and things are going well. The only thing on my 'bucket list' would be to consolidate a bit better," he said.
    The father of two did not have to get up early today as former singer Nicky Byrne is presenting his two-hour show on 2fm. But he'll soon have to start preparing for his summer slot at the BBC.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tubs-puts-his-feet-up-as-he-celebrates-40th-with-pint-29303915.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Get thee over to todayfm and check out gift grub podcast, and listen to ian and Mario stick the boot into tubs

It's amazing how he is allowed moonlight still.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nicky Byrne going for the world record for use of the word 'lads' in the shortest space of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Nicky Byrne going for the world record for use of the word 'lads' in the shortest space of time!

I heard a few minutes of it. I can't stand him. Has he even got one line in any of those West$hite cover versions?
    I'd say he was the tea maker, and that clown from The Voice was biscuit getter when that sham of a group were going strong.

The grin on him whenever I see him on telly just makes me want to punch the screen. I'd say he wakes up every morning and can't believe his luck.
    He doesn't know he's born.

Personally i thought Nicky has improved the show 10 million fold...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

There was a danger for Nicky that he would have to exhibit personality for the very first time, yet such danger was avoided!

• Advertisement

joe duffy jnr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was in the car this morning and couldnt bear Miriam with Pauline McLynn, so I turned over to Tubridy.... Dear god .. "anybody watching the match last nite... we went one nil up and it was lovely. And then England equalised and they deserved and ... there was a draw and that was the right result" and everybody lived happily ever after.. He'd be much better NOT feigning an interest in sport than giving us his usual oul populist plámás crap.. He can save that for the movie stars..

I was in the car this morning and couldnt bear Miriam with Pauline McLynn, so I turned over to Tubridy.... Dear god .. "anybody watching the match last nite... we went one nil up and it was lovely. And then England equalised and they deserved and ... there was a draw and that was the right result" and everybody lived happily ever after.. He'd be much better NOT feigning an interest in sport than giving us his usual oul populist plámás crap.. He can save that for the movie stars..
    Jeaysis I read that in my head exactly as I bet it sounded!
    Tubs thinks Ireland and England are still at war and I bet he thought a riot was averted by England equalizing and "that was the right result"

Haha, I heard that. He said that it was a "nice result". He probably wanted all the players to be presented with gold stars after the game!!

Haha, I heard that. He said that it was a "nice result". He probably wanted all the players to be presented with gold stars after the game!!

isn't that how it works for the under 8's? no winners or losers?

jaysus i hope tubs doesn't become minister for sport

305631_529207760447631_388311045_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

You've got to stop sneaking into Tubs's office ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Double or quits he eats it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

wow, I sure wish I could be that debonair :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LAST week Craig Doyle said he'd never work for RTE 2 television again – but he has lined up a radio slot with the broadcaster.
    It seems Montrose bosses have no hard feelings about Doyle's harsh words, because they've handed him Ryan Tubridy's hot-seat.
    "I'm very supportive of Ryan, and he has always been so supportive of me so I'm happy to do this. It's a pleasure stepping in for such a nice guy," he told the Herald.
    Tubridy is set to take a holiday next week but won't be making his usual jaunt to BBC until the end of July.
    BBC listeners will be entertained by the RTE host when he covers for Drivetime presenter Simon Mayo for two weeks from July 22 to August 2

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/i-slagged-rtebut-ill-fill-in-for-tubs-doyle-29325771.html

Advertisement