Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

ghiertal wrote: »
    LAST week Craig Doyle said he'd never work for RTE 2 television again – but he has lined up a radio slot with the broadcaster.
    It seems Montrose bosses have no hard feelings about Doyle's harsh words, because they've handed him Ryan Tubridy's hot-seat.
    "I'm very supportive of Ryan, and he has always been so supportive of me so I'm happy to do this. It's a pleasure stepping in for such a nice guy," he told the Herald.
    Tubridy is set to take a holiday next week but won't be making his usual jaunt to BBC until the end of July.
    BBC listeners will be entertained by the RTE host when he covers for Drivetime presenter Simon Mayo for two weeks from July 22 to August 2

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/i-slagged-rtebut-ill-fill-in-for-tubs-doyle-29325771.html

Got any opinions yourself? I presume all of the above is just copied and pasted from the article you linked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I sometimes feel that RTE exists just as a stepping stone for Ryan Tubridy to get a bigger job. I dont know how Noel Curran expects to be taking seriously when he allows this nonsense to go on..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Got any opinions yourself? I presume all of the above is just copied and pasted from the article you linked?

If he expresses his true feeling's he'll get into trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Brendan is this all your here to do? Ask about copy and paste?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Brendan is this all your here to do? Ask about copy and paste?

What do you mean is that I do here? Only 3 of my posts in this thread mentioned Ghiertal copying and pasting articles without giving any input. And one of those posts was a response to you in which I was basically repeating myself as you has taken my original post completely out of context. Like I've said I think I have a valid post that since Boards is a discussion forum it would be good if people could giving their own opinions on topics that they want to share with the rest of us.

Also Jiimmy, if you were implying that I'm obsessing over something/someone then I think that's the most blatant case of the pot calling the kettle that I've come across in a long time.

• Advertisement

What do you mean is that I do here? Only 3 of my posts in this thread mentioned Ghiertal copying and pasting articles without giving any input. And one of those posts was a response to you in which I was basically repeating myself as you has taken my original post completely out of context. Like I've said I think I have a valid post that since Boards is a discussion forum it would be good if people could giving their own opinions on topics that they want to share with the rest of us.

Also Jiimmy, if you were implying that I'm obsessing over something/someone then I think that's the most blatant case of the pot calling the kettle that I've come across in a long time.
    Brendan you answered that question perfect. Well done. Quote ONLY 3 of my posts mention copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,139 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If Tubbers replaces Graham, and Craig replaces Tubbers, where does a small lump of my shayytte show up to replace Doyle??

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

For the past few years, Prime Time host Pat has been getting the better of traffic by travelling between his home in Killiney and RTE on a BMW C1, with a four stroke engine boasting 124cc.
    However, he had company in the RTE car park this week from Tubridy on a 50cc Vespa.
    "The first thing I told Ryan was that he needed a bigger bike. He's only got 50cc and that's just not enough to get you out of trouble. He needs more power and I'd be a bit worried for him, because Ryan is so slim, and on a 50cc, he will be all over the place in the wind," Pat Kenny told the Herald.
    Pals say it was a recent viewing of 1952 film Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck buzzing around Rome on Vespas, which inspired Tubridy's choice of transport.
    But once the Mediterranean conditions pass, he could soon be back in his car. Pat said: "Ryan would be very much a fair weather rider, only on his scooter on sunny days like we have now. For me, the worse the weather, the more I like being on my bike. For me, it's the very best way to travel, I could easily take the car but I love my bike."
    However, Pat claims that when it comes to handling motorbikes, they have nothing on the original Late Late host, Gay Byrne.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/mines-bigger-than-yours-pat-jokes-with-copycat-biker-tubs-29333526.html

Really am getting sick of Brendan's and Tinyk's constant sniping. I'm not stopping anyone else from expressing an opinion however you also got some of my tubbins threads moved from the Television forum to the Celeb forum last year. You said then that you were sick of reading about tubs in the tv section, but now you continue to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was pat Kenny using metaphors to tell us he's the daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

For the past few years, Prime Time host Pat has been getting the better of traffic by travelling between his home in Killiney and RTE on a BMW C1, with a four stroke engine boasting 124cc.
    However, he had company in the RTE car park this week from Tubridy on a 50cc Vespa.
    "The first thing I told Ryan was that he needed a bigger bike. He's only got 50cc and that's just not enough to get you out of trouble. He needs more power and I'd be a bit worried for him, because Ryan is so slim, and on a 50cc, he will be all over the place in the wind," Pat Kenny told the Herald.
    Pals say it was a recent viewing of 1952 film Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck buzzing around Rome on Vespas, which inspired Tubridy's choice of transport.
    But once the Mediterranean conditions pass, he could soon be back in his car. Pat said: "Ryan would be very much a fair weather rider, only on his scooter on sunny days like we have now. For me, the worse the weather, the more I like being on my bike. For me, it's the very best way to travel, I could easily take the car but I love my bike."
    However, Pat claims that when it comes to handling motorbikes, they have nothing on the original Late Late host, Gay Byrne.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/mines-bigger-than-yours-pat-jokes-with-copycat-biker-tubs-29333526.html

Really am getting sick of Brendan's and Tinyk's constant sniping. I'm not stopping anyone else from expressing an opinion however you also got some of my tubbins threads moved from the Television forum to the Celeb forum last year. You said then that you were sick of reading about tubs in the tv section, but now you continue to post here.

First of all I didn't get anything moved. You got into trouble with the mods all by yourself.

Secondly, you have some nerve to accuse anyone of constant sniping. I'm not the one with the obsession! You constantly rehash every single report you can find that even mentions the name Tubridy. Seriously, you need help.

Thirdly disagreeing with what you post is not sniping it's expressing my opinion which is what a discussion thread is supposed to be about but on this particular thread anyone who says anything different from the majority gets attacked until they don't say anything any more.

You don't like anything Tubridy does. Fair enough, it's a free country and you're entitled to your opinion but so is everybody else. So get over it and get over your obsession too. It's not healthy.

• Advertisement

tinyk68 wrote: »
    First of all I didn't get anything moved. You got into trouble with the mods all by yourself.

Secondly, you have some nerve to accuse anyone of constant sniping. I'm not the one with the obsession! You constantly rehash every single report you can find that even mentions the name Tubridy. Seriously, you need help.

Thirdly disagreeing with what you post is not sniping it's expressing my opinion which is what a discussion thread is supposed to be about but on this particular thread anyone who says anything different from the majority gets attacked until they don't say anything any more.

You don't like anything Tubridy does. Fair enough, it's a free country and you're entitled to your opinion but so is everybody else. So get over it and get over your obsession too. It's not healthy.

How is it an obsession when its in the papers for all to see?

cmon let's all be friends again

Anyone tune in today? doyler and some bint discussing festivals and neither had a f**ing clue what they were on about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

How is it an obsession when its in the papers for all to see?

:rolleyes: When Tubbs is collecting all his cash,I doubt he will be thinking "Oh no, Jimmynokia doesn't like me" :rolleyes:

DT100 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: When Tubbs is collecting all his cash,I doubt he will be thinking "Oh no, Jimmynokia doesn't like me" :rolleyes:

And your point regarding this topic is what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

And your point regarding this topic is what?

My point is,Ryan Tubridy wont be thinking about you ranting and raving about him, as he collects his big wage packet...Relax James,get some sun while its there.............

DT100 wrote: »
    My point is,Ryan Tubridy wont be thinking about you ranting and raving about him, as he collects his big wage packet...Relax James,get some sun while its there.............

See this is it,RTE and tubridy are oblivious to the real world.That will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This poll is too skewed, if we are going to have a poll let us have an opportunity to state a real choice.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,660 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Still puzzled by the woman who called the show this morning claiming that she couldn't get tickets to the Robbie Williams gig...although her information was sketchy (she was a bit ditzy), she implied that she couldn't get tickets because the gig had already sold out :confused:

To my knowledge, the gig is far from being sold out - radio and print ads are still running for it, no doubt right up to showtime :confused:

I'm not going to get too bothered about your opinion. There are plenty of people on here who enjoy my posts. This forum is about entertainment and bringing news to others, in an informative and enjoyable way. This thread is one of the popular on boards and I do hope that I am a major part of it's success. Tinyk, how many people are really interested in reading your posts? + i'm sure you won't bother to give me any real credit for what I am doing on here.

I'm not going to get too bothered about your opinion. There are plenty of people on here who enjoy my posts. This forum is about entertainment and bringing news to others, in an informative and enjoyable way. This thread is one of the popular on boards and I do hope that I am a major part of it's success. Tinyk, how many people are really interested in reading your posts? + i'm sure you won't bother to give me any real credit for what I am doing on here.

hD08140C5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

^^^^^
    lol

^^^^^
    lol
    says one troll to another! :D:D

lets move on...is tubs back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounded like Craig Doyle today... Pat Kenny has live studio guests all morning.. Doing his best to kill off Tubridy's show altogether..

Back next week. Agree that CD has been very poor. TV ad with balloons has been on again this week even though tubs is not on air.

The Tubridy Show is hitting the road next week as their Eason's Spelling Bee Tour scours the four provinces in search of their finalists.
    The RTÉ 2fm show will broadcast live from a different province in Ireland each day from Monday 17 to Thursday 20 June next week.
    Then on Friday, June 21 they will all come together for the Grand Finale in RTÉ.
    Speaking to RTÉ TEN about the event, Ryan Tubridy said: “The Spelling Bee tour is the highlight of my spelling year. That’s Y.E.A.R.
    "I love hitting the road with the team and touring the highways and byways of this beautiful country. That’s C.O.U.N.T.R.Y. Bags packed and ready to go!
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0614/456352-tubridy-shows-spelling-bee-tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Was I imagining things this morning when I was flicking through the channels, or did Tubridy spend 40 minutes listening to kids spell words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Was I imagining things this morning when I was flicking through the channels, or did Tubridy spend 40 minutes listening to kids spell words?
    no you did not imagine it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I had the misfortune to listen to some of the show today, God it was awful stuff.

Ryan Tubridy is off for his annual stint on BBC, so his 2fm show needed a substitute. Enter Craig. And he's . . . fine, I guess. But is "fine, I guess" good enough?
    There's something awfully predictable about the choice of replacements. What qualities, exactly, does Doyle possess that made him the stand-out candidate for this job?
    He's a perfectly likeable chap, but lots of people are likeable. I'm likeable. I wouldn't put me in Tubridy's programme. There are better radio broadcasters out there, with more experience, who'd have been more suitable.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/we-need-a-tubs-sub-but-does-it-have-to-be-the-ubiquitous-doyle-29346181.html

'His hair, those teeth, that tanned skin, those eyes!' Here was Oz, live and in the flesh in Kansas. Maybe it was the lack of colour television and perhaps it was the overpowering charisma but there is no doubting the dazzling effect Kennedy had on everyone he met or even drove past.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/jfk/his-hair-those-teeth-that-tanned-skin-those-eyes-ryan-tubridy-on-the-jfk-visit-29346349.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

To try and understand the venom and malice that seems to consume some people here upon hearing Ryan's dulcet tones broadcast over the 2FM wavelength, I decided to listen to the show all this week.

I warned my colleagues that I was likely to fly into a murderous rage, and would almost certainly scream out foul and disgusting obscenities about Tubridy and his appearance.

My colleagues went about their work as per usual; the hum of quiet industry being almost melodic. The show isn't for me, but I fail to see how it rises such strong emotions in people. It's a show pitched on a mixture of light and heavy lifestyle stories. He's a competent and self-effacing broadcaster. Slightly bland in the range of topics discussed, but I'd imagine that's the editorial stance of the show.

I'll have to find something else to be outraged about. :(

Advertisement