Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Another thousand listeners have abandoned tubs, "with the good weather, and smart phones and what not, we're holding our own market share going forward" said rte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

296,000 in 2010. In the subsequent 3 years Tubridy has reduced the ratings down to 159,000. It is possible that he will have lost over half of Gerry Ryan's audience by next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/rtes-high-earners-fight-back-but-big-gains-for-arch-rival-newstalk-29450306.html

Ray D'Arcy on Today FM experienced a rare decline in audience, with his figures falling by 8,000 to 235,000 listeners – still ahead of his rival Ryan Tubridy, whose number stayed the same at 159,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Are you one of the 159k James? Of course you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

296,000 in 2010. In the subsequent 3 years Tubridy has reduced the ratings down to 159,000. It is possible that he will have lost over half of Gerry Ryan's audience by next year.

Tubridy's numbers are dreadful, but you are not comparing like with like.

His programme is an hour shorter than Gerry Ryan's show (and Ray Darcy's on Today FM)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Skid X wrote: »

His programme is an hour shorter than Gerry Ryan's show (and Ray Darcy's on Today FM)

It's folly to compare with Gerry Ryan. He was a broadcasting phenomenon who struck a chord with listeners, particularly stay at home females which is a key demographic for a show at that time.

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you one of the 159k James? Of course you are.
    Whatever with James, your the NO1. fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

God that jingle is cheesy! Tubridy sounds so much more in his element here than he does trying to fill G Ryan's shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

That was the line John McMahon trotted out when it first emerged how bad Tubridy's figures were, but I don't get it. The JNLR figures are the average quarter hour audience. So for a 3rd hour to bring those figures up it would have to have significantly more listeners than the average of the 1st 2 hours. In fact that 3rd hour at 2fm(albeit with a different presenter) has less listeners which would bring that average down. So unless I'm missing something - Tubridy's figures are dreadful full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

He put a bunch of coats under her head... Do they teach that one in the Royal College Of Surgeons.. She was probably in a rush to get away from him, so I'd say he probably caused the problem more so than helped out.

It's like being a politician, 'tis in the blood, no need for training or education.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Where was he today... I had a long car journey and decided to listen in for those partridge moment.Is he actually gonna be coming back to this show?

That was the line John McMahon trotted out when it first emerged how bad Tubridy's figures were, but I don't get it. The JNLR figures are the average quarter hour audience. So for a 3rd hour to bring those figures up it would have to have significantly more listeners than the average of the 1st 2 hours. In fact that 3rd hour at 2fm(albeit with a different presenter) has less listeners which would bring that average down. So unless I'm missing something - Tubridy's figures are dreadful full stop.

Is it though? The 159,000 quoted for Tubridy's show is not the average quarter hour. Judging by the ilevel chart on http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2013-2-station-programmes under the 2FM tab, his average per quarter hour is much less than that (somewhere between 100,000 and 118,000)

I don't see any figures for Gerry Ryan, but the most quoted numbers are the total listenership, not the average.

Where was he today... I had a long car journey and decided to listen in for those partridge moment.Is he actually gonna be coming back to this show?

He is doing his nixer in London ... he was presenting the Drivetime slot today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Is it though? The 159,000 quoted for Tubridy's show is not the average quarter hour. Judging by the ilevel chart on http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2013-2-station-programmes under the 2FM tab, his average per quarter hour is much less than that (somewhere between 100,000 and 118,000)

I don't see any figures for Gerry Ryan, but the most quoted numbers are the total listenership, not the average.

I see what you mean, from looking at BAI website I think the 159,000 is the number of people who have listened to the show for at least 8 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭prunudo

After today's news about Pat Kenny, surely now is a perfect time for tubs to head over to radio 1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 felderkirk

What I like about Tubridy is is sexual energy. He's an angry ****.

i have a feeling tubs is going to move and be replaced by some of the current breed of hipsters you see on the young people programmes on the moving picture talkie box.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Tubs will surely be on the move back to Radio 1 now. It's hard to see RTE doing anything else ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

luckyboy wrote: »
    Tubs will surely be on the move back to Radio 1 now. It's hard to see RTE doing anything else ...

Unless he takes this moment to make the jump to the Beeb, tells them 'Look RTE have a big hole in their schedule they need me to fill for the foreseeable future, if you want me make an offer now."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If he does move back to radio 1 it will put a stop to his channel hopping with the BBC, I doubt rte will tolerate that anymore especially on radio 1.

• Advertisement

ghiertal wrote: »
    “I really like the shows I work on and it never feels like school"
    Well, in school you'd have to get results or be thrown out, so it's obviously not school..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Was Ghiertals post deleted? Anyhow, this Mr T really has a cushy number, the only reason he would never move to NT is because he would have to do more there, and he wouldn't have the dedicated team behind him.There would be no BBC work then I'd say.

Pat might get a rude awakening.Sinead Ryan the journalist who talked about that this morning on NT.She said that she does stuff for RTE sometimes and the big difference she sees with the two channels.A load of dressing rooms in RTE........:confused:

TUBS could be moving!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rte-revamp-for-headtohead-battle-with-kenny-29469347.html

"The favourites as possible replacements are Miriam O'Callaghan, Ryan Tubridy, Claire Byrne, Aine Lawlor, Rachel English and Valerie Cox"

jimmynokia wrote: »
    TUBS could be moving!

You'd really wonder how many goes they are going to give him... But of course this is a brilliant mealy mouthed solution for RTE... They will release a statement saying "We are delighted to announce Ryan Tubridy as the new host of Pat Kenny's old show... Ryan has been presenting radio shows for blah blah blah ever since his grandda got him in to Poparama when he was twelve"... Then Noel Kelly will release some statement essentially saying "Ryan, who's brilliant, has been promoted again".. And then his complete mess of a show on 2FM, which he seemed to have about as much interest in (what with all his moonlighting) as the listeners did, will soon be a distant memory.. Then he can proceed to do the same to Pat Kenny's listenership figures that he did to Gerry Ryan's...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Interesting interview with Tubridy in today's Indo. Tubridy said that he would be happy to take over PK's slot if required "I've often been asked to put on the green jersey for the organisation and they asked me to do so when Gerry died."

On new boss of 2fm "I'm very impressed with him"

On not being focused on LLS "Maybe I got a bit complacent. That won't happen in the next season. I feel like I've served my apprenticeship now. In previous years, the weeks leading up to the start of it had a back-to-school feel about it."

On his broadcasting self "I've always said that i'm a work in progress. Being in the BBC sharpens my blades and in that sense RTE benefits from me being here- no doubt about it."

Funny enough a few years back he was saying that he couldn't do the full G.Ryan show of 3 hours because it could be dangerous to his health but now he can head off to BBC and do a nixer. Plus, I can't see how him presenting a show that mainly involves playing music will benefit RTE or prepare him for doing something like Pat Kenny's show.

He has been on the LLS for three years now but he only feels that he has just served his apprenticeship. His Tubridy Tonight show was his apprenticeship, his performance has been unacceptable. He must have made this same comment for the past few years.

As for been asked to put on the jersey. He is working in an organisation that has bent over backwards for him not the other way around like he is trying to spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

jimmynokia wrote: »
    TUBS could be moving!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rte-revamp-for-headtohead-battle-with-kenny-29469347.html

"The favourites as possible replacements are Miriam O'Callaghan, Ryan Tubridy, Claire Byrne, Aine Lawlor, Rachel English and Valerie Cox"

Claire Byrne the only voice one could listen to at length from this lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

me bolly wrote: »
    Claire Byrne the only voice one could listen to at length from this lot

Shes on maternity leave, wont be back in work for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

In fairness to Tubridy, he wasn't bad when doing his stints on Five Seven Live and he served his time as a reporter on the Pat Kenny radio programme as well. It'll give 2FM a good excuse to get rid of his disastrous show as well.
    Tubridy has always been a Radio One man. I'd prefer to see him taking over PK's slot instead of Miriam "you were great" O'Callaghan, who seems to have undergone a bland personality transformation in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan's guests on his show this morning is Go West.

What's he trying to tell us?!

• Advertisement

Did anyone read tubs latest Twitter talk in one of the papers? Basically Twitter was nice and then all the nasty people came and frightened him away

Advertisement