Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tubs JNLR's remain static as did Ray Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Tubs JNLR's remain static as did Ray Darcy.

152,000 listeners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

How did Colm Hayes do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

bbability wrote: »
    How did Colm Hayes do?

Up 3000 (2%) to 122k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Tubridy has improved alot in recent months imo, He has really made the show his own. It no longer sounds like a poor mans G Ryan show.

• Advertisement

that may be true, but it took 4 years and and a major drop in listeners. I wonder will the breakfast crew have the same luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭hawley

jimmynokia wrote: »
    152,000 listeners

dropped to 148k now, how does he get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

hawley wrote: »

Give him a bonus..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

And it all started so well didnt it.. Well not really...

What really bugs me about him is that he still swans off to the UK (any time they need a token pandering, sycophantic Irishman to fill in), he comes back with this air of superiority as if he was obviously sent to the UK cos he is too good for Ireland... His interviews about Hector's leaving were particularly annoying, as the elephant in the room was "How come Hector is leaving and you arent" but it seemed to be impolite for anybody to ask this legitimate question.

Maybe in a few months, when the audience is down to just G1 and G2, RTE management will stop judging Tubridy by what Noel Kelly tells them, and start judging him by his figures..

• Advertisement

Tubridy loses cool with caller........ to boost listenership

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I heard that today and there was nothing fake about it. In fact I felt he should have been a bit more tolerant of the caller. Listen to the podcast and then decide whether it was done to boost ratings or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I heard that today and there was nothing fake about it. In fact I felt he should have been a bit more tolerant of the caller. Listen to the podcast and then decide whether it was done to boost ratings or not.

I thought Tubridy got it right, and gave the caller just about the right level of tolerance. Tubridy let him speak and gave him enough rope to hang himself. Most presenters would have been roaring down the phone at the convicted and self confessed Wife Beater before he ever got to the end of a sentence.

It was a decent discussion, it was nauseating to listen to the Wife Beater trying to justify his behaviour but it did give an insight into his mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭serfboard

Skid X wrote: »
    It was a decent discussion, it was nauseating to listen to the Wife Beater trying to justify his behaviour but it did give an insight into his mentality.
    If he really was a wife beater ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

serfboard wrote: »
    If he really was a wife beater ... :rolleyes:

He said it himself, and he has been convicted of the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Just listened to the interview, it's about 1hr 13 mins into the show.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A10280828%3A4678%3A14%2D05%2D2014%3A

To be fair to Tubs, he was getting more incensed as the interview went on. Don't think this was fake at all. He was genuinely getting very audibly upset. I kinda admire him a bit for it, not that it was the right thing to say, but he said what every bloke who hears this interview would think.

tinyk68 wrote: »

if he came round to my house and threatened to break my legs i‘d knock him so far into next week that he wouldn‘t know mick wallace from jfk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

if he came round to my house and threatened to break my legs i‘d knock him so far into next week that he wouldn‘t know mick wallace from jfk

1351116165579.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

hard man eh?

hard man eh?
    he is a 60lb sap. he is bloody well asking for it if he is going around making comments like that.he is playing silly buggers behind a desk.

• Advertisement

he is a 60lb sap. he is bloody well asking for it if he is going around making comments like that.he is playing silly buggers behind a desk.

The irony here is that Tubs is far more justified saying he'll break a guys legs if he ever touched his wife/mother/child than you saying you'd beat him up from behind a computer screen for making that threat.

What exactly is the point of your post other than to look the hard man?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

1351116165579.gif[/QUOTE

Tubs wouldn't kick snow off a rope so it's all talk on his behalf, but as my OH often says it's amazing how something can change someone's behaviour.
    Just listened to it there would not say it's fake but who knows.

Tubs wouldn't kick snow off a rope so it's all talk on his behalf, but as my OH often says it's amazing how something can change someone's behaviour.
    Just listened to it there would not say it's fake but who knows.

No that's all talk on your behalf.

he is either a brilliant actor or he was being genuine

The irony here is that Tubs is far more justified saying he'll break a guys legs if he ever touched his wife/mother/child than you saying you'd beat him up from behind a computer screen for making that threat.

What exactly is the point of your post other than to look the hard man?

yet he never condemned gerry ryan for his drug taking even though drug gangs in s.america commit far worse crimes against women. it‘s a ploy to more female listeners ÷ get publicity for his radio show

yet he never condemned gerry ryan for his drug taking even though drug gangs in s.america commit far worse crimes against women. it‘s a ploy to more female listeners ÷ get publicity for his radio show

****ing lol

should he condemn every group/person that has wronged women before he can get emotive about protective women close to him?

Ridiculous post

No that's all talk on your behalf.

he is either a brilliant actor or he was being genuine

And your post remains the same, genuine or a troll.

And your post remains the same, genuine or a troll.

:confused:

do you know what trolling is?

:confused:

do you know what trolling is?

You obviously don't or just have nothing else to do. I made a simple comment. By looking at the last few comment's you don't seem to stop. Goodnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

it doesn't matter if he cant kick snow off a rope etc. the point is that he wore his heart on his sleeve during that interview and was just saying that if it was anybody near & dear to him, he'd do his best to protect them - just like i hope someone would do for me. jesus what does it matter what weight he is or his fighting ability??!! personally if it was me id probably refuse to even talk to the b**tard.
    also, the call was a
    fake to improve listnership??!! im wondering are the people who think this also in denial of domestic violence?

Advertisement