Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Thanks for the clarification, I missed the beginning.

The Indo is classy as always, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,529 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Just switched over at random, and he has a lady on, describing with admittedly great courage, a sexual assault in her home.

She (Hazel) will be on tomorrow night's Late Late Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

News just in : Maia Dunphy is the first pregnant woman in Ireland.

She is becoming the new Fiona Looney. An opinionated sexist wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Now now, let's not say stuff we cannot take back. Looney was terrible...Dunphy's nowhere near that level, yet.

Derek Mooney with Tubs bitching about RTE!

*popcorn*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Derek Mooney with Tubs bitching about RTE!

*popcorn*

It's taken 3 months for a new post in this thread, has Tubs been off air or is it that nobody is listening ergo no posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

my friend wrote: »
    It's taken 3 months for a new post in this thread, has Tubs been off air or is it that nobody is listening ergo no posts?
    tis been dead a long time....

in fairness whilst ray darcy was dying a death in his latter days on todayfm the tubbs show picked up a bit...but anton will bury it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭serfboard

in fairness whilst ray darcy was dying a death in his latter days on todayfm the tubbs show picked up a bit...but anton will bury it!!
    I wouldn't agree there ... Anton's OK, but nothing special. It'll all be in the JNLRs in time so we'll see who's right then.

For me it's Morning Ireland, followed by Anton's review of the papers, followed by Newstalk Breakfast's last hour until Sean O'Rourke (mainly) or Pat come on.

I never go near Tubridy - or 2FM for that matter.

The hi-octane world of the Spelling Bee!

Strap yourself in and hold on tite! Whoops, I meant 'tight' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,848 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Very strange that this week the show isn't even on the schedule. It's breakfast Republic until ten and Nicky and Jenny are on now when they normally are on from eleven.

If Ryan was off surely they would get someone to fill in wouldn't they ? It could be nothing but it's weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Very strange that this week the show isn't even on the schedule. It's breakfast Republic until ten and Nicky and Jenny are on now when they normally are on from eleven.

If Ryan was off surely they would get someone to fill in wouldn't they ? It could be nothing but it's weird.

Nothing new there for 2fm, they did the same thing in summer 2012 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056684235

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tsofitch

Why didn't they get someone to cover or try someone new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sports Bra

I wonder why is it taking RTE so long to announce that tubs is moving down the corridor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Sports Bra wrote: »
    I wonder why is it taking RTE so long to announce that tubs is moving down the corridor ?

What slot is he getting? back to the 9am show i presume

shockwave wrote: »
    What slot is he getting? back to the 9am show i presume

Those are the rumours http://radiotoday.ie/2015/07/oconnor-hints-at-potential-radio-1-return-for-tubridy/

Mind you. this is the third summer in a row that rumours have circulated about him returning to R1. last year it was said he was getting the Ronan Collins hour, the year before that pat Kennys slot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Heard Stephen Byrne from weekend breakfast saying he will be filling in for tubs for the next few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Heard Stephen Byrne from weekend breakfast saying he will be filling in for tubs for the next few weeks.

He's going back to radio 1 in a couple of weeks!

He's going back to radio 1 in a couple of weeks!
    If that's true wouldn't he have had a big farewell show on 2fm last Friday ?

I don't know about a farewell show for a show that wasn't all that popular to be honest , but he is definitely going back to Radio 1.

• Advertisement

I don't know about a farewell show for a show that wasn't all that popular to be honest , but he is definitely going back to Radio 1.

and is it his old 9-10 am slot that he is getting ?

and is it his old 9-10 am slot the he is getting ?

Could be the 3-4.30. I'd say rays show is tanking. He seems to have a seriously bad attitude!

No, it was simply a muted 'I'm on holiday for the next few weeks, so I'll see you when I see you'.

Has it been confirmed he's going back to Radio 1? Link?

No, it was simply a muted 'I'm on holiday for the next few weeks, so I'll see you when I see you'.

No

Sound's very different from Tubridys format this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Youthful?!

Good?

Youthful?!

Yeah definitely more youthful

Good?
    Well i think it's good for 2fm to sound younger and different to RTE Radio 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭hawley

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/nicky-byrne-tipped-for-tubs-2fm-morning-slot-while-tubs-and-darcy-in-the-running-to-replace-john-murray-31391800.html

Advertisement