Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Even dustin the turkey does not like him either.Heard a podcast of him talking to John Murray during the week:D

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-20101013m53stjmsdustin.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

great podcast !

:)

well at least now we know why he's been banging on about JFK since the start of his show.

the fecker has basically been pimping his book for free at the tax payers expense.

jesus christ is there NO rules about this sort of thing?

i know matt cooper has people on that wrote books about cetain issues and used em to comment on issues of the day in a quid pro quo for mentioning said titles , but i dont recall him pushing his own tomes in the same manner as turgidy has here.

shameless stuff.

in fact you'd have to ask if comptroller and auditor general shouldnt be looking at this. seems to be a clear case of self enrichment IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jimmyw wrote: »
    Even dustin the turkey does not like him either.Heard a podcast of him talking to John Murray during the week:D

I was in stiches laughing at this.. John Murray was sooo uncomfortable when he starting talking about RTE (which he called Ryan Tubridy Enterprises.. lol) and Tubridy's wages.. The joke about the TV license man was class as well

Was about to hop the radio off the wall when I heard Dave Fanning on the radio this morning (standing in for Tubridy).. but he mentioned the papers so I left it... And do you know what, he wasnt too bad at all... Straight to the point, no "banter" with newsreader, no introducing his own agenda... and not ONE mention of Twitter... Keep him there I say..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i agree with you was never a fan of his but enjoyed this mornings show like you say straight to the point and no twitter,jfk,or books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

How the fúck does Tubridy get away with a week off having only started the show, what, 9 weeks ago? It's absolutely mental. How long did he have off for the Summer before that?

Only in RTE.

I miss Gerry Ryan. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

thats how bad turbidy is..he makes dave fanning seem empathetic...and even straight to the point..dave fanning the man who blabbs as many words into a sentence as possible ,is even better than turbidy...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I used to listen to Ryan Tubridy occasionally when he was on Radio1 and he would often have an interesting show and I had no problem with him. However, the few times I've listened to him on 2FM, it's like he's developed a completely different persona for that station and it's not one I want to listen to. It comes across as being Gerry Ryan lite, as though he's trying to edgy and witty but sometimes he and his team just come off as idiots.

He was all right when he used to do the breakfast show on 2FM; didn't he used to say he was bringing a bit of Radio1 to 2FM? I hope he settles down or someone gets him a different show or some Ritalin or something. Or maybe he just needs some more interesting content than who G1 and G2 find attractive, as I had the misfortune to hear the other morning. I couldn't change the station fast enough.

Latest from TubridyTweets:

"Brisk stroll in the mid-term sun before the madness kicks in tomorrow. 26 hours to book launch. Dress code:Mad Men. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

LucyBliss wrote: »
    I used to listen to Ryan Tubridy occasionally when he was on Radio1 and he would often have an interesting show and I had no problem with him. However, the few times I've listened to him on 2FM, it's like he's developed a completely different persona for that station and it's not one I want to listen to...trying to edgy and witty

Pretty much what I think about him on the radio.

I don't think he is as bad as this new show suggests, just trying way too hard to be different, wacky, edgy...whatever it is, it doesn't work. It's just makes me squirm.
    From what I know of him from tv/radio, I think he's an alright guy but I've heard some pretty tactless, snide 'jokes' on the new show. For me, it's this new persona going badly wrong...well I hope so.

I can't believe that everyone concerned with this show, including Tubridy, is not regretting the whole thing already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i agree with you was never a fan of his but enjoyed this mornings show like you say straight to the point and no twitter,jfk,or books
    Always used to think he was a snobby version of Rick O'Shea. Liked him this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

jimmyw wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-20101013m53stjmsdustin.mp3
    Whatever about Tubbers,Dustin is like a guest who overstays his welcome,same old twink/pat kenny crap.Not forgetting the Eurovision debacle.And for fcuk sake,he is at the auld getting elected for President crap forever,not to mention the stale poultry party joke.Dustin reminds me of a U2 song...Stuck in amoment ....If this is all the guy behind Dustin can do,its time to give up,same old ,same old.Well I suppose he is doing something for the enviroment.recycling...recycling the same thrash over and over.And while I am typing...Tubridy is a diaster on radio...and on telly.I have heard of boring farts,but I have broken wind more interesting than him,only thing is ,my wind didnt get paid as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Latest from TubridyTweets:

"Brisk stroll in the mid-term sun before the madness kicks in tomorrow. 26 hours to book launch. Dress code:Mad Men. "

I presume the madness he refers to, is himself appearing on every RTE show pluggin his stupid book at our expense.
    If only he could dedicate himself to his job as he does his pet projects, we might get some value for our license fee.

Lets see : Pat kenny show, Daithi o'shea show, news, maybe a slot or two on today fm or newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Will every chapter end with..."needless to say I had the last laugh..."?

tubridyassassination.jpg

He's on with Daithí and Claire Byrne today.. Hope they give him the same sh1te, that they had to listen to from him when they were starting their own show...

Let's hope Clare opens a can of whoop-ass on him.

tubridyassassination.jpg

He's on with Daithí and Claire Byrne today.. Hope they give him the same sh1te, that they had to listen to from him when they were starting their own show...

Class! That would be the grassy knoll shot? I think he would prefer the book depository shot

Poly wrote: »
    Class! That would be the grassy knoll shot? I think he would prefer the book depository shot

He would have had Lee Harvey Oswald charged with "misuse of a library", ahead of the murder charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

mikom and poly - keep your thinly veiled insults and threatening "tweets" off of here please, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Bard wrote: »
    mikom and poly - keep your thinly veiled insults and threatening "tweets" off of here please, thank you.

in fairness this mans family are part of a clique that have threatened every man woman and child in this country

the clique that have lost our sovereignty

do you think he has his current gigs based on talent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Barname wrote: »

do you think he has his current gigs based on talent?

For that answer I guess you would have to ask his lawyers and his enablers.

Keep it on topic please, folks. The thread is about Tubridy's show on 2FM - nothing else.

To be fair, he's not on the show cos he's off promoting his book.. so I would consider it relevant..

But to bring it directly back to the show.. I thought Fanning did a good job again this morning.. Had the papers done by 12 minutes past nine.. again no mention of JFK, Sarah Palin, no funny voices... and NO Twitter.. so thumbs up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

But to bring it directly back to the show.. I thought Fanning did a good job again this morning.. Had the papers done by 12 minutes past nine.. again no mention of JFK, Sarah Palin, no funny voices... and NO Twitter.. so thumbs up here.
    I fully agree with you, he's a breath of fresh air

Our hero is on the daily show RIGHT NOW for anybody else who is not working today.. Already a reference to Dick Cheney and conservative America.. hoping for two twitters and a Sarah Palin before the end..

Our hero is on the daily show RIGHT NOW for anybody else who is not working today.. Already a reference to Dick Cheney and conservative America.. hoping for two twitters and a Sarah Palin before the end..

your joking he could no possibly live a liFe on a constant like that jesus how boring you no why he has thaT bird cause she cant see correct hence the name suilabhaine in irish thats one eye LOL

jimmynokia wrote: »
    your joking he could no possibly live a liFe on a constant like that jesus how boring you no why he has thaT bird cause she cant see correct hence the name suilabhaine in irish thats one eye LOL

Actually the interview about the book hasn't even started yet and he's mentioned texting, emailing and tweeting already. He's on after the ad break.
    jimmynokia wrote:

He's not with Aoibheann Ni Shuilleabhain any more... hasn't been in a while. Even if he was... wow... poor joke.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with his radio show...

Bard wrote: »
    He's not with Aoibheann Ni Shuilleabhain any more... hasn't been in a while. Even if he was... wow... poor joke.

He's back with her Bard.. was on the LLS thread a couple of weeks ago..

Romantic Ryan Back Rambling With Rose

He's back with her Bard.. was on the LLS thread a couple of weeks ago..

Romantic Ryan Back Rambling With Rose

Oh!... good for him :)

• Advertisement

yeah i seen something in paper she must be either completely blind now or just got twittered around the place with his new book that we will never hear the end of god help the late late guests:mad:

Advertisement