Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

How the fúck does Tubridy get away with a week off having only started the show, what, 9 weeks ago? It's absolutely mental. How long did he have off for the Summer before that?

Only in RTE.

Don't know about that. Where's Dunphy these days of a Newstalk Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Latest from TubridyTweets:

"Brisk stroll in the mid-term sun before the madness kicks in tomorrow. 26 hours to book launch. Dress code:Mad Men"

Jeez, the self-deluded pretension of that!!!! It's effin breathtaking.

Multi-thanks for the best name for the planet that this chappie is living on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Think Dave Fanning is doing great job, especially newspaper review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

On his twitter, from the Irish Book Awards last nite:

"JFK in Ireland nominated in 2 categories. Newcomer and Non-Fiction. Details on irishbookawards.ie #bizarreweek"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

As soon as he says who's going to be on LLS tonight will you set up the thread JA Thanx...

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    As soon as he says who's going to be on LLS tonight will you set up the thread JA Thanx...

oh yeah, I have it Dee, I'll throw it up now... you wont be disappointed... Ah no, I'm only messing of course you will... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

jim jim was rippin him to shreds this mornin,think the founder of twitter is onLLS tonight god help the audience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I've only ever caught a few minutes of his radio show so I can't really comment on that. He's awful on the LLS , it's frustrating when there's a guest that you're interested in and he's choking the interview. He just doesn't know how to let the interview breathe , Jesus he's worse than Pat K and I never thought I'd be saying that!!. It's also the sign of a w**ker in the way that he slags and probes his guests but can't handle retorts. The guy just isn't genuine , give the gig to Daithí O sé or Marty Whelan even.

AND tonights late late show is about
    twitter twitter twitter tweet tweet tweet oh yes im in love with this guy he set up my life my boring life twitter twitter tweet jfk jfk bill clinton coffee and jelly beans
    lets see how long it takes to get the audience asleep tonight and then bore them about my book

My Twitter for tomorrow morning...

"Hi Ryan, do you have a sick cert for last week... signed Irish license payer".. ;)

• Advertisement

My Twitter for tomorrow morning...

"Hi Ryan, do you have a sick cert for last week... signed Irish license payer".. ;)

ha yeah and pocket some money when hes off sick too and bore people on another station im calling biffo about this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Did anyone hear him reviewing the papers this morning. He says he likes the Irish Times today as it has very strong coverage of the US mid term elections. That's fine. But he goes on to another story on the front page about our budget situation and possible cuts. Then he says that he was more interested in the coverage of the US elections. Was I hearing things correctly? This guy is being paid ( in excess) by the Irish taxpayer and he is not interested in what the Irish people are facing in the coming weeks. "I 'm alright jack" sort of attitude. His salary is safe. This guy is really out of touch with reality.

Heard the usual awkward bit where he talk to Emma the newsreader... and HE says to her "oh you were off last week werent you":eek: .. I nearly spat my cornflakes across the room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Latest from TubridyTweets:

"Brisk stroll in the mid-term sun before the madness kicks in tomorrow. 26 hours to book launch. Dress code:Mad Men. "

lol did he actually tweet that??
    ...dear me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

tubridyassassination.jpg

He's on with Daithí and Claire Byrne today.. Hope they give him the same sh1te, that they had to listen to from him when they were starting their own show...

get the tshirt made..lol...the revoloution has begun...
    lets get detubrified...

He seems to think that he is more important than he actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Folks, a gentle reminder: Under the charter of this forum (updated recently), personal abuse towards radio presenters is NOT allowed. Post up something abusive and not only will it be deleted but you run the risk of being banned. There are no excuses for not reading the charter. Do it, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Methinks someone had a word in Mr. Tubs ear, tuned in this morning, not a mention of twitter, a balanced appraisal of the papers, a text poll on Harney’s paint job and an interview with a mother of a child with downs. Made for a pleasant hour of radio.

Maybe trends in the recent JNLR have shook things up a bit, or maybe Ryan has taken some of our constructive criticism on board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Listened to a bit of it this morning, no Tweet mentions during the 15 or 20 mins I had it on.

I really wonder do they pay any heed to Boards? This thread has been viewed 30 thousand times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

giftgrub wrote: »
    Listened to a bit of it this morning, no Tweet mentions during the 15 or 20 mins I had it on.

I really wonder do they pay any heed to Boards? This thread has been viewed 30 thousand times...

Let's do a test, Tubs if you're reading, squeeze the word “Parallelogram" into tomorrows show.

• Advertisement

Listened back to the podcast.... No awkward chit-chat with Emma.. No mention of Twitter, JFK or the US mid terms... I think somebody might have informed him that the show is meant to be about what THE LISTENERS are interested in..

Here's the latest on Twitter..
    "How bad will the mid-terms be for the Democrats later? Could they lose Senate as well as House or is that pre-emptive damage limitation?"

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Dam, the one morning i did not get to listen (forgot to plug in my phone so not enough battery for the radio) but as mentioned above thats a great sign, especially all the US midterm elections are in the media. Must have been hard for him no to discuss it. No doubt (justifiably so on this occasion) he will be discussing the midterm results tomorrow morning.
    Still great news..well done boards

The irish people pay his wages, not the yanks. Maybe he should pay attention to what's happening in his own country for a change.He is such a twit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I don't care about Tubridy on 2FM, I just thank God he's gone from Radio 1!

Rookster wrote: »
    The irish people pay his wages, not the yanks. Maybe he should pay attention to what's happening in his own country for a change.He is such a twit!

Just because the Irish people pay his wages doesn't mean Ireland is all he should be talking about. For anyone who has an interest in world politics in general, their eyes will be on the US midterm elections today... it's a pretty major political event, in fairness.

Well that, and the "Jim McDaid/will there be a general election" story here, of course...

More from our hero:
    "Aaaaargh...The Christmas lights are up and running above the streets of Limerick... http://yfrog.com/425y3fj"

Seems like he has a driver for the day.. may he borrowed Bertie's?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lol.. a new sport... mod-baiting... :D

More from our hero:
    "Aaaaargh...The Christmas lights are up and running above the streets of Limerick... http://yfrog.com/425y3fj"

Seems like he has a driver for the day.. may he borrowed Bertie's?

"Aaaaargh.
    he must have died while posting it....

Final warning to both thenakedanddead and jimmynokia: I'm not here to tidy up your off-topic banter from this thread. Continue to post off-topic comments here and face a minimum 3-day ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

As people know I'm not his biggest fan and he is really out on his own now and it shows. I really do believe that this will not work. He wants to be on radio 1 and he's not 2fm material. Colm Hayes would have been perfect startin at 9 with Hector following suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Much improved today, The US midterms were mentioned but thats news as is Stephen Fry and twitter today. Also forgot the first song but I kept hearing the line and smiling "The people get what the people want" Feel free to correct me there.

Advertisement