Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

I agree with recent opinion that he is lessening the focus on his own interests and cutting out the fluff. Ironically this is going to lose him a listener i.e. me!

I was in it for the Partridge factor and it seems like this is now gone. Its just straight and boring now! Will still be interested to hear the JNLR figures next time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

Gee, I wonder will Tubridy be playing six degrees of separation on tomorrows show?

If he does I'd love to see him link his own show to the commonplace expression indicating below-average enjoyment, drag.

In fact, I can figure it out already

Ryan Tubridy is a radio presenter
    Radio is discussed on the radio section of the boards.ie forum
    On said, Boards.ie forum there is a charter
    Charter's are a drag to read

Well land sake, would ya look at it. He wouldn't even need six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Gee, I wonder will Tubridy be playing six degrees of separation on tomorrows show?

If he does I'd love to see him link his own show to the commonplace expression indicating below-average enjoyment, drag.

In fact, I can figure it out already

Ryan Tubridy is a radio presenter
    Radio is discussed on the radio section of the boards.ie forum
    On said, Boards.ie forum there is a charter
    Charter's are a drag to read

Well land sake, would ya look at it. He wouldn't even need six.

???? What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Borrowing rates hit 7.4% yesterday and Tubridy starts the show "In America, Obama loses the Senate".... And proceeds later on to attack the Tea Party .. I mean the Tea Party wouldnt have made the mess of Ireland that his crowd have... The cheek of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

thenakedanddead banned for 3 days for continued off-topic posting here about the forum charter despite REPEATED warnings.

• Advertisement

After a promising few days, Tubs fell off the wagon today.Not a mention of the bye-elections in the paper reviews, then onto Obama and then Madmen.

Looks like a you can’t teach a FF dog new tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

was probably reading from the indo.

nowt mention of the court case on their page one either !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I got blocked by vulture man this morning for asking him on twitter "how about you stop waffling about US politics and instead discuss the undemocratic blocking of the by-election in donegal by FF?"

He hid behind the power of blocking someone, big man. At least Joe Duffy takes my twitter abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I actually swore at the radio today when he was telling people to download Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher onto their ipods.
    On the plus side he makes Ray D'Arcy look like a great dj.

joe316 wrote: »
    At least Joe Duffy takes my twitter abuse.

Joe is not above criticism, just selective.

• Advertisement

Poly wrote: »
    Joe is not above criticism, just selective.

Oh I criticise Duffy but at least he takes it and isnt the big man who blocks people.

joe316 wrote: »
    Oh I criticise Duffy but at least he takes it and isnt the big man who blocks people.

I think Shane O'Curry might be blocked;)

I think Shane O'Curry might be blocked;)

Very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I was flicking through the stations this morning..

2FM less than 2 seconds

Turgidy utters: 'Twitter'

yes, couldn't believe it, is he on retainer?

Did anyone hear the sanctimonious **&%* this morning? He was advising people on how to cope during the recession and xmas.

Sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Is he trying to talk about sport this morning. Boxing even??

No doubt he will enjoy his free ticket to the rugby tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Did anyone hear the sanctimonious **&%* this morning? He was advising people on how to cope during the recession and xmas.

Sickening.

let me guess.

"put your first half a million into pressies for christmas, then frugally crimp and save to get through the rest of the year on your remaining half a million"

I thought his interview with Dunne was pretty good.. Why doesnt he always interview like this... Actually seemed like he'd done a bit of research for it.. read the book no doubt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

let me guess.

"put your first half a million into pressies for christmas, then frugally crimp and save to get through the rest of the year on your remaining half a million"

Him earning a million euro a year is a myth, he is on around 480,000 euro. Still way too much though.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/late-late-guests-cost-euro250000-for-season-2402125.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

well isnt it amazing what getting your end away after your book signing will do for someone..what is that rose of tralee girl up to i wonder??
    she is actually better on the radio than him..
    the utterly unsexy being that is tubirdy..actually spoke about sex this week and quites a few times oh yes indeed...mmm,,twitter also,,dead babies..mm yes lovely and yes actually managed to stooopp...theee...lonnnng..pauussess..

but then this morning sounded like a his usual rambling self...toys...mmm...ahhhh...warehouse...mmm great yes this is it ...mmm..yes
    ...mmm..yes latelate show mmm..yes hah hah..

how this man hasnt broken down yet i just dont know..
    it is a train wreck about to happen believe me..

• Advertisement

Just looking at the Tubr-ometer above.. I wonder did he look at the poll, or does he just consider us all whack-jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jane wani wrote: »
    she is actually better on the radio than him..

Really? What radio programme does Aoibhinn níShúilleabháin present?

A couple of snide remarks about Juliet Binoche this morning during his pro FF paper review this morning. Very cowardly and un-professional of him.

He avoided Morgans Kelly’s letter in the Times, only the biggest talking point in todays papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

A couple of snide remarks about Juliet Binoche this morning during his pro FF paper review this morning. Very cowardly and un-professional of him.

He avoided Morgans Kelly’s letter in the Times, only the biggest talking point in todays papers.

what did he say???

Yeah, he took one read of a headline critical of his old FF pals... then quickly moved on without further comment...

he then moved on to talking about this picture...

1224282866324_1.jpg

He said "Maureen O'Hara is brilliant, entertaining, interesting, talented, kind etc etc etc.." and ended the statement with "And there's Juliet Binnoche as well". He also had another direct swipe at her appearance on the show.. It was petty and childish, and he should be at least part blaming himself for an extremely poor interview...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Bard wrote: »
    Really? What radio programme does Aoibhinn níShúilleabháin present?

http://www.nkmanagement.ie/aoibhinn-ni-shuilleabhain-irish-personality

she also stood in a couple of times in the newstalk saturday morning slot..
    that was in english and ...although not hugely funny...she does have a professionalism in her presenting,that our ryan sadly lacks..

also ...for all those who are unaware...our dearest aoibhinn..and ryan...have the same agent ..our dearest nk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

He said "Maureen O'Hara is brilliant, entertaining, interesting, talented, kind etc etc etc.." and ended the statement with "And there's Juliet Binnoche as well". He also had another direct swipe at her appearance on the show.. It was petty and childish, and he should be at least part blaming himself for an extremely poor interview...

No mods to smack him down obviously............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

I heard some of his show this morning. A caller about his "toys for children" appeal mentioned she had tow children.
    "What are their names?"
    "Fiana and ..."
    "Fiana? As in Fianna Fail?"
    "No."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

his toys for children appeal is a total rip-off of Santa Strike Force :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Going away from the point a bit, does anyone know who gets the proceeds from Tubridy's book on JFK. I presume we (the taxpayer) do as we advertised it on the National Broadcaster a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement