Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

parasite wrote: »
    his toys for children appeal is a total rip-off of Santa Strike Force :pac:

Yes, SvP would be far more suitable to distribute toys to the needy, they have the networks and generous people on the ground all year ‘round. They have respect for the people they are dealing with, because they work in a kind, non-judgemental way.

If he really wanted to do this right he should have talked to them first.

This will be an egoistical stunt for Tubs to help him feel better about drawing €500k a year from the hard pressed tax payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He was very annoying today.. Took an age to get to the papers... long awkward, nonsense conversation with the newsreader... whistling songs, mimicking people, talking about things that are only of interest to one person in the country (i.e. him).. Give the review of the papers to John Murray, it's more appropriate that the review should be on RTE 1 anyway.. He had another swipe at Binnoche again, brave man considering he was so cowardly when she was sitting in front of him..

Put him on leave until he's finished with the book, cos the show is nothing but a promo for it.. He's using the national broadcaster every day to give details of where/when he will be signing and how "great" the people were the previous day.. It's an abuse of his position..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

He was very annoying today.. Took an age to get to the papers... long awkward, nonsense conversation with the newsreader... whistling songs, mimicking people, talking about things that are only of interest to one person in the country (i.e. him).. Give the review of the papers to John Murray, it's more appropriate that the review should be on RTE 1 anyway.. He had another swipe at Binnoche again, brave man considering he was so cowardly when she was sitting in front of him..

Put him on leave until he's finished with the book, cos the show is nothing but a promo for it.. He's using the national broadcaster every day to give details of where/when he will be signing and how "great" the people were the previous day.. It's an abuse of his position..

the book will be a flop i think id give 5thousand copies max it will sell and he prob got 3 hundred grand for it

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I agree there with Jonathan, Its gone back to Alan Partridge style again. Remember we had a brief 2-4 day of no awkward natter with the newsreader and he got on with the papers. The JFK/U.S. this and that is getting very annoying.
    I never thought about John Murray doing the papers but I think that would work alright, that would be me switched over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

i think its getting too bad to listen to and scoff...
    its now heading into that surreal world of...past its so bad its good to,
    its so bad its just bad....and that beats jedward..

he actually began the show today with the question...will i go home?

its all too terrible for words

i cant go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jane wani wrote:
    also ...for all those who are unaware...our dearest aoibhinn..and ryan...have the same agent ..our dearest nk..
    I fail to see how that's relevant to his radio show
    jane wani wrote:
    i cant go on

Now THAT, I doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

The constant talking to his crew on the other side of the glass is starting to grate a bit now as well.

This mornings “paper review” turned into 20 mins of Roald Dahl, Willy wonka, Enid blyton, face book and apple.

Definitely his worst performance as a “broadcaster” since he took over.

Terrible, terrible radio. Like Jani, I have had enough, even the “Steve Coogan factor” has worn off at this stage. I think I’ll stick to newstalk from now on ‘till 10.
    Maybe Newstalk could bring Kiberd on at 11am so we wouldn’t have to endure PK’s poetry hour

Poly wrote: »
    This mornings “paper review” turned into 20 mins of Roald Dahl, Willy wonka, Enid blyton, face book and apple.

Definitely his worst performance as a “broadcaster” since he took over.

Terrible, terrible radio. Like Jani, I have had enough, even the “Steve Coogan factor” has worn off at this stage. I think I’ll stick to newstalk from now on ‘till 10.
    Maybe Newstalk could bring Kiberd on at 11am so we wouldn’t have to endure PK’s poetry hour

he is getting worse he seems to be going on about ladies shoes and lolipops alot too wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sean Moncrief should have both Ryans jobs.

• Advertisement

I dont get this whole attempted philanthropy thing he's trying with this Toys For Tubs nonsense.. He expects people to buy NEW toys AND batteries, and send them to the SVP? I mean who has the money to do that.. Obviously no recession in the Tubridy house. Tubridy makes YaYa Toure seem value for money..

I changed over to John Murray for the last twenty minutes, but he's still trying too hard to be funny.. come on John, give up the comedy .. If you played it straight it would be a much better show..

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Seriously today he had my blood boiling - he was a disgrace!!

The whole paper review was basically about women attractive or not??
    He made some seriously stupid comments on the whole Price Waterhouse Cooper scandal. He said that yes these girls would be indignant and disgusted that this has happened but secretly they are delighted and thinking yes my hair looks good in that. :eek:

How can RTE be letting him away with this kind of commenting?

He introduced the song after the shambolic paper review by saying "now by Chris Evans ex bird (Kim Wilde) here's kids in America"

Then wrapped it all up with yes that was a pretty sexist look at the papers haw haw snigger snigger...

Funnily enough Jim Jim's spoof this morning of Tubs and Gaybo featured Tubs saying "paper review in 3 words girls, girls, girls" They had it soo right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dude's got issues with women.
    You will notice this from time to time when he interviews them.

mikom wrote: »

Too right he does. I have just e-mailed Clare Duignan head of radio to ask her has she noticed it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I didn't hear the comments about the women, but I've heard too many other sneering/nasty 'jokes', passed off as humour.
    Cole wrote: »
    From what I know of him from tv/radio, I think he's an alright guy but I've heard some pretty tactless, snide 'jokes' on the new show. For me, it's this new persona going badly wrong...well I hope so.

I think I was wrong. I've come to dislike Tubridy as a person, nevermind his broadcasting style. When I dislike someone, I just avoid them....so I'm switching him off permanently.

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Too right he does. I have just e-mailed Clare Duignan head of radio to ask her has she noticed it too...

Dubsgirl, complaining to RTE will get you nowhere,believe me, they just circle the wagons an you'll get a polite PFO.

You need to make your complaint here:

http://www.bai.ie/broadcasting_complaints_complaintform.html

Dubsgirl, complaining to RTE will get you nowhere,believe me, they just circle the wagons an you'll get a polite PFO.

You need to make your complaint here:

http://www.bai.ie/broadcasting_complaints_complaintform.html

DONE - thanks Poly

Bard wrote: »
    I fail to see how that's relevant to his radio show

Now THAT, I doubt!

well my good bard...i was just pointing out the fact that having the same agent as your supposed "girlfriend" can lead to extra publicity...for both..
    as we have seen...and it may also contribute to his erratic behaviour on said radio show..along with delusions of grandeur etc etc.

and sadly it is true...i am almost at my wits end with turbidy..

its becoming not fun to even refer to the silly man..

but i will try to persist...
    perseverance...dear god perserverance...

i cant let his mediocrity succeed....
    indeeed no ...i shall stand up and fight...

arise...and gallop beyond the hill sire...

Ahh, poor diddums.

patomahony1 Interesting thought. I think my Tweeting days are numbered. Fun but not always worth the grief, despite thick skin, etc. 11:59 AM Nov 13th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to patomahony1
    Twitter gets very unpleasant of a Friday night. But it's a beautiful day out there so, good morning. 11:53 AM Nov 13th via Twitter for iPhone

Yeah, read that on the other thread... You'd swear that he had been railroaded into having a Twitter account by his employer.. It was HIS choice to start a Twitter account, and his choice to put up the all the pretentious, self indulgent, self promoting posts....

I mean the TubridyTweets Twitter account is basically a promotional tool for his book, book signings, and anything else he's selling ... Yet he gets to advertise this Twitter account on prime time radio numerous times every day on the premise that it's actually related to his radio show...

So Ryan, if you're not happy with the abuse you're getting on Twitter, then close down the account..... though it may mean that you have to actually pay for advertising for your book in the future...

• Advertisement

So Ryan, if you're not happy with the abuse you're getting on Twitter, then close down the account..... though it may mean that you have to actually pay for advertising for your book in the future...

On the subject of the book and his radio show.............
    THE nominations for the Irish Book Awards were announced last week, with Ryan Tubridy's new book, JFK in Ireland, being shortlisted in two categories.
    This is despite the fact that it was only published on the day of the announcement, two months after the closing date for entries.

And let's not forget that for the past three years, Ryan's RTE radio show was one of the sponsors of the event. This year, however, John Murray's show has taken over that role, meaning that Ryan is conveniently free to be included without there being any suspicion of favouritism towards him. Or any feeling that his book was added to the list to get the awards some publicity.
    Read more here........... Michael O'Doherty: Bending awards rules for Ryan

It's a great little country, so it is.

goes to show how dull his life is

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1112/tubridyr.html

and a party pooper:mad:

and a link to promote his upcoming second book

has he sold any id love to see the sales tally

I see one slipped through the cracks on his Twitter page..

tubtwitter.jpg

Good man Dermot_r lol :D

Simon Coveney is a very impressive guy... When you think what a team FG could have had if they'd kept George Lee, no internal leadership struggle, and no Enda leading the helm...

I wonder was the line really "down" between Emma and Ryan, or could she just not be arsed talking to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I see one slipped through the cracks on his Twitter page..

tubtwitter.jpg

Good man Dermot_r lol :D

According to himself, Tubridy's tweeting days are numbered. Apparently, because he is getting so much grief on Friday nights over the Late Late Show. But surprisingly, to me anyway, he claims that he generally receives positive feedback from fans throughout the week for his radio show.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tubridy-upset-over-late-late-criticism-2420553.html

mikom wrote: »

well ..anyone with a mature eye will notice...the guy is in awe of women..

and he really cant believe his look that some of them will consider him as a partner...due to his bank balance...

believe me..he is fully aware of his jammyness....just unappreciatve..

ps...i have met him...it brought the phrase "..how lucky can someone be " to mind...

Rubik. wrote: »
    Tubridy's tweeting days are numbered.

He has been badly exposed since starting 2FM.
    I think his broadcasting days are numbered also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's just getting worse and worse, yet I cant turn it off. It's so bad that it's good. The chatting with the newsreader is just awful, the twitter, JFK, books, facebook and the text number being called out 5000 times is terrible too.

Moncrieff today interviewing Howard Marks............. http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/46/monday/1/popup , click on part 3.

This is how to handle this man in an interview, Tubridy take note.
    It's easy to see Moncrieff is much more worldly-wise.

• Advertisement

He has been badly exposed since starting 2FM.
    I think his broadcasting days are numbered also.

i heard he is closing his twitter account ji jim was rippin him again this morning saying he is king twitter and it would be like loosing a limb if he shut his account down i looked at his tweets after i heard something about the late late he got lashed out of it for that too.....

Advertisement