Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He is unlikely to close the account until he's finish promoting his book.. In his "tweets" today...

twittubridy.jpg

His is using (abusing) his position on 2FM to give out the address of his twitter page, from where he effectively advertises his book endlessly, promotes his book signings and "awards" etc etc...

It's sickening that he is treated like a prince, paid in gold bars, and he is the most mediocre presenter in RTE... Hopefully there will be a shift in society at the next election and him, his FF party and all the cronyism they stand for will be a thing of the past..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I see one slipped through the cracks on his Twitter page..

tubtwitter.jpg

Good man Dermot_r lol :D

I felt kinda bad when I saw that, tbh...Maybe I'm getting old...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I felt kinda bad when I saw that, tbh...Maybe I'm getting old...

Yeah, me too, 140 characters is just not adequate to list turbridy's failings as a state broadcaster.

Just heard that man ringing in saying that he was on "nineteen fifty" a week, and Tubridy was acting all empathetic.. I'd say he was saying to himself, jaysus that's tough I couldnt live on €1950 a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

So glad all his self deprecating is no longer washing with folk. He loves the attention, it's like he needs it. Now he's getting noticed too much and people are seeing through him. He can't hack the reality, he's no longer funny or endearing, (he never was to me). Amazes me that he's on radio and tv. He's just an average weird guy, worlds comin down with them. Can't think of another tv/radio personality anywhere near as nerdy as him, leave it to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hsanz114clayton

Tubridy does a fine job! and Nob nation this morning was hilarious! - the Queen, prince Charles, william, Hewitts son (harry) prince phillip, kate middleton.So funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Tubridy does a fine job! and Nob nation this morning was hilarious! - the Queen, prince Charles, william, Hewitts son (harry) prince phillip, kate middleton.So funny!

fine job at what?putting everybody to sleep!

jimmynokia wrote: »
    fine job at what?putting everybody to sleep!

He is a gentleman and an itellect.If he puts you to sleep dont listen to his show and stick with what you know.End of.

The nob nation sketch was nothing to do with Ryan Tubridy. And, yes was funny but smacked of lets laugh at the English just to make us feel better about the quagmire we're in, bit pathetic really.

polly78 wrote: »
    The nob nation sketch was nothing to do with Ryan Tubridy. And, yes was funny but smacked of lets laugh at the English just to make us feel better about the quagmire we're in, bit pathetic really.

Oh come on now, it was some light entertainment albeit at the expense of our neighbours but to call it pathetic is a little OTT.Nevertheless, I take your point and sure, its one hell of a quagmire! (giddy giddy) :) but it was a switch off from the other horrors in the news particulary those murders in the south of the country.

LOL when prince philip would refer to prince harry as Hewitts boy!:);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

He is a gentleman and an itellect.

Irony.jpg

I thought he went waaaaaay overboard with the stuff about the killings yesterday... "It's awful, awful .... " must have said that about 100 times... We all know it was awful, repeating it over and over like one of his other mantras ("twitter", "mad men") wasnt gonna change that..

Probably didnt help that one of the murdered children had the same name as one of this daughters... but still I thought he should have just read out the headlines and moved on, if he didnt feel like he could speak about it.

I thought he went waaaaaay overboard with the stuff about the killings yesterday... "It's awful, awful .... " must have said that about 100 times... We all know it was awful, repeating it over and over like one of his other mantras ("twitter", "mad men") wasnt gonna change that..

Probably didnt help that one of the murdered children had the same name as one of this daughters... but still I thought he should have just read out the headlines and moved on, if he didnt feel like he could speak about it.

Come on, be fair.How can you criticise him for that...You know, he has a child around the same age as one of the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Finally, after usual awkward chat with the news reader he gets on with the papers, The kennedys were mentioned again (reference to the newsreader kids names) but I noticed he's starting to shy away from banging on about twitter.

Total contrast to yesterdays show, yesterday It felt like he personally knew the kids that we killed and today its back to his happy place in his happy bubble!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Tommy Tiernan in debt? He's playing dozens of nights in Vicar St in the coming months - hardly comparable to people who have lost their jobs and can't pay the mortgage.:rolleyes:

I'm actually a big fan of Tommy (well his earner stuff not the shouty recent material so much) but he is still very popular and has the means to pay of whatever debt he is in. Totally different situation. He sold something insane like 120,000 tickets to his shows a year or two ago alone - so he has surely raked in millions over the years.

Btw why isn't he releasing a DVD this Xmas? I want him on the LLS going mad and making Tubs extremely uncomfortable. :D

Come on, be fair.How can you criticise him for that..
    miketv wrote: »
    Total contrast to yesterdays show, yesterday It felt like he personally knew the kids that we killed and today its back to his happy place in his happy bubble!

Yeah look I'm not gonna win any fans for criticising him, because of the issue itself... but the truth is he DIDNT know the kids.. and it came across as him being sanctimonious... "I really dont want to talk about this", then he proceeds to spend 40 minutes talking about it.. :confused: ..

My main point is that I think he spoke about it for too long, repeating the same things, and it came across as being insincere. But wait til he has to read out the papers about the demise of his beloved FF... We'll probably get the same "I really dont want to talk about this" line again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

i just dont understand people bashing him so much,look if you dont like him dont listen,im not a huge fan myself but what has he done so wrong to deserve a lot of abuse.

nation of begrudgers with an opinion about themselves sums up this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

SB-08 wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan in debt? He's playing dozens of nights in Vicar St in the coming months - hardly comparable to people who have lost their jobs and can't pay the mortgage.:rolleyes:

I'm actually a big fan of Tommy (well his earner stuff not the shouty recent material so much) but he is still very popular and has the means to pay of whatever debt he is in. Totally different situation. He sold something insane like 120,000 tickets to his shows a year or two ago alone - so he has surely raked in millions over the years.

Btw why isn't he releasing a DVD this Xmas? I want him on the LLS going mad and making Tubs extremely uncomfortable. :D

i hope so after this mornings caper
    he was asking about his mother and tommy could not answer
    turbidy is a heartless individual you never see him open up about his life or his bird
    not that it would be interesting it would be about books twitter and jfk etc

i hope tommy does get on the late late and destroys him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A reminder once again that this is a discussion thread about TUBRIDY on 2FM. That doesn't mean it's the place to discuss presenters salaries, books they may have written, the TV license, etc. It's about the TUBRIDY show on 2FM. End of. Stay on topic please. Off topic posts WILL be deleted. Repeat offenders WILL be banned.

Carry on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bard wrote: »
    A reminder once again that this is a discussion thread about TUBRIDY on 2FM. That doesn't mean it's the place to discuss presenters salaries, books they may have written, the TV license, etc. It's about the TUBRIDY show on 2FM. End of. Stay on topic please. Off topic posts WILL be deleted. Repeat offenders WILL be banned.

Carry on...

So if tubridy mentions his twitter account on the radio show all the time...... and this is his twitter profile photo.......
    twitter_Tubridy_team_1_5_bigger.jpg

(notice radio show mike and headphones)

and he uses that radio show mentioned twitter account to post the following......
    Trillian_01 Yes. Signing in Waterstones, Cork tomorrow at 12:30, see you there.

How is everything you mentioned off limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

mikom, I didn't mention twitter - for the very reason that it's integral to the show. If Tubridy talks about twitter, feel free to discuss it... if he mentions his book on his show, feel free to discuss it... WHATEVER comes up on his show on 2FM, feel free to discuss it... that's what the thread is for.

BUT... that DOESN'T mean this is the place for discussing anything he tweets about - it's not... once again: it's a place for discussing what comes up on the TUBRIDY show on 2FM. I'm sure I don't need to keep explaining that...

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i hope so after this mornings caper
    he was asking about his mother and tommy could not answer
    turbidy is a heartless individual you never see him open up about his life or his bird
    not that it would be interesting it would be about books twitter and jfk etc

i hope tommy does get on the late late and destroys him

Well said his tone on asking bout the death of his mother was upbeat with not the slightest thought that it might be hard for Tommy to talk about. Then he proceeds to psycho-analyse him, it was so embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Yeah look I'm not gonna win any fans for criticising him, because of the issue itself... but the truth is he DIDNT know the kids.. and it came across as him being sanctimonious... "I really dont want to talk about this", then he proceeds to spend 40 minutes talking about it.. :confused: ..

My main point is that I think he spoke about it for too long, repeating the same things, and it came across as being insincere. But wait til he has to read out the papers about the demise of his beloved FF... We'll probably get the same "I really dont want to talk about this" line again..

there's another technique he often employs where he says to a guest "Its a terrible question, and you could tell me to get lost, but Im going to ask it anyway ...................."

Dont know why the interviewees dont just tell him to get lost more often - but of course they are mostly just shilling their books

Was I the only one who found the pieces with Emma Counihan's kids a tad irritating? Then again I'm not a kiddie person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dynamoshels

Karsini wrote: »
    Was I the only one who found the pieces with Emma Counihan's kids a tad irritating? Then again I'm not a kiddie person.

Nope, I did aswell. It was strange!

Doing a bit of late night work, just heard it there now.. The nob nation was actually very good ... Not usually a fan of Callan, but that was very good..

Heard that bit with Emma's kids.. He played footage of the two kids shouting at the radio while their mother was on... Now, for the man who balks at even the smallest invasion of his own privacy or reference to his own private life, I found this hugely hypocritical.. He doesnt even mention his own daughters by name (nor should he), yet thinks it appropriate to name her children and play audio of them on the national airwaves :confused::confused:
    Dont know why the interviewees dont just tell him to get lost more often - but of course they are mostly just shilling their books

Hey it's not just the guests that do be on the show shilling their books.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

He really is becoming totally insufferable. The way he signed off on the show today it was just so annoying.

Just needed to get that out there

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

He really is becoming totally insufferable. The way he signed off on the show today it was just so annoying.

Just needed to get that out there
    What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

(hits switch for BBC Radio 2 and Ken Bruce)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Bard wrote: »
    mikom, I didn't mention twitter - for the very reason that it's integral to the show. If Tubridy talks about twitter, feel free to discuss it... if he mentions his book on his show, feel free to discuss it... WHATEVER comes up on his show on 2FM, feel free to discuss it... that's what the thread is for.

BUT... that DOESN'T mean this is the place for discussing anything he tweets about - it's not... once again: it's a place for discussing what comes up on the TUBRIDY show on 2FM. I'm sure I don't need to keep explaining that...

ic..so better not talk about his personality or inherent talent...as both are utterly non existent on said radio show.

Advertisement