Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

miketv wrote: »
    What did he say?

I cant even remember, it was more the delivery than the substance that was annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

Karsini wrote: »
    Was I the only one who found the pieces with Emma Counihan's kids a tad irritating? Then again I'm not a kiddie person.

No doubt replaying this will be a weekly feature! He probably has it on his phone and listens to it regularly with big stupid grin feeling super famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Tubs making a joke of the public complaining about RTE cutting away from Vincent Browne's grilling of Clowen. The arrogance of it - he can't even see how ridiculous it is that the taxpayers of this country pay what €160M? a year only for us having to switch to international media to see our leader questioned? It was a disgrace and to have people like Tubridy making a joke of our anger makes it even worse.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

After listening to Tubridy reading the papers, It's mornings like this that I miss Gerry Ryan. He would have mirrored the mood of the nation. Tubridy is so pro FF that all he can do to criticise the Govt is go "hmm haw", "sure cheer up". He should have someone on explaining the situation to his listeners.

Massive Fail Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

"I dont want to talk about it", "there's too much negativity out there", "We need to be positive"

Then he says to someone "So did you watch it last nite then?"
    Make Tubridy the first big cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

"I dont want to talk about it", "there's too much negativity out there", "We need to be positive"

Then he says to someone "So did you watch it last nite then?"
    Make Tubridy the first big cut!

Big time. The weasel needs to be cut down a peg or two. And he'd have to accept it, who else would employ the FF loving clown???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That thing with Emma's kids is really starting to grate on me... And it's so hypocritical of him to name her kids live on air, yet balks himself when even the most innocuous details of his own life are mentioned... He doesnt even name his own daughters when speaking about them, but thinks its okay to name Emma's... I mean who knows what freaks are listening to her kids on air, and they have a lot of detail about Emma and her two kids because of him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Listening to Tubridy on his RADIO SHOW this morning was sickening with his remain positive "I'm alright Jack" speech.
    I wonder how does cheese taste in an ivory tower.

mikom wrote: »
    Listening to Tubridy on his RADIO SHOW this morning ..

lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus if it wasn't for the fact the radio in work is acting like Brian Cowen today and the "come together" station is one of a few ones working. If he says the national interest once more. How is this man on the airwaves ? Harsh Christmas is it Ryan ? Not for you it Wont be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

just tuned in by accident, clicked the wrong button on FFTV real player

FFawn Turgidy is now questioning why we arent rioting French Style as he casually dismisses the '1 man that blocked Minister (note the deference) Hanafins car (mercedes) out of a population of 4.5 million'

laFFing at us as FF'ers do

Well done FFawn, your FFamily is proud of you, and thats good, because no one else is

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not for you it Wont be.

I have been thinking about this.. I think it's really the public sector employees, and people receiving social welfare / pension that have to really worrry about what the IMF are going to do... but also those private contractors that have public contracts... And Tubridy, Kenny, Duffy, Finucane are all private contractors working for a public body (i.e. RTE)... I think they should also be worried, as they will in no way be able to justify their high wages... They are surely in the line for cuts when their current contracts end.. particularly Finucane.. She is a luxury we can no longer afford..

RTE made a loss last year of 28 million, despite being subsidised by the taxpayer.. The IMF will have no sentiment for the "big stars" and that 28 million number is all they will care about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

i cant listen anymore...simple ..
    someone needs to to do something..

maybe offer him a book deal..3 books in 5 yrs if you stay off air.

someone please ..soon for all our sakes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i agree

They should have offered him the job of Washington Correspondent, not Richard Downes (who replaced Charlie Bird)... He does nothing but drone on about the Clintons, Republican / Democrat, Kennedy etc etc so why dont they put him somewhere that he has an interest in... I mean he knows more about the US than he does about rural Ireland.. or any part of Ireland outside D4..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Spectacularly out of touch as ever this morning for the 3 minutes I heard. He is all agog about meeting Emma the newsreaders kids. Still persisting with that clip of them shouting at the radio. Its as if he is so out of touch that he thinks that rabbiting on about a normal social interaction like meeting a colleagues kids should be built up like it were the end of the bloody cold war or something.

As for war! His comment on the impending deeping of the financial pressures on people was a sort of semi-breathless 'Oh my god...s'awfulll..s'terrible...it..truly is.....but and this might sound trite...all wars end..and this will end too'.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

He is a lightweight and is not suited to that timeslot. His show on Radio 1 was perfect for the inane drivel, faux intellectualism and cliches that make up his style of presenting. The slot he occupies now expects to be engaged in debate on the issues of the day in a humorous and provoking manner. He is just out of his depth. There is a rumour he could go into politics, pray God it's true and he goes head to head with Joe Higgins!

no mention of the passing away of tony dixon either ,pure ignorance on his behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He is a lightweight and is not suited to that timeslot. His show on Radio 1 was perfect for the inane drivel, faux intellectualism and cliches that make up his style of presenting. The slot he occupies now expects to be engaged in debate on the issues of the day in a humorous and provoking manner. He is just out of his depth. There is a rumour he could go into politics, pray God it's true and he goes head to head with Joe Higgins!

Yea, that pretty much sums him up right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

I used actually enjoy Tubridy Tonight from time to time. Now that I see and hear him more regularly, he is really starting to annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Rebelinho wrote: »
    I used actually enjoy Tubridy Tonight from time to time. Now that I see and hear him more regularly, he is really starting to annoy me.

I'll give him credit for the Late Late show, I think overall he does good job. The radio show however...
    Its just getting worse by the week and I though a few weeks ago it could not get any worse. As mentioned earlier the newsreaders kids screaming is very annoying...if anybody in his 2fm team reads this PLEASE make him stop with the kids screaming, the jokes very old

lempsipmax wrote: »
    'Oh my god...s'awfulll..s'terrible...it..truly is.....but and this might sound trite...all wars end..and this will end too'.

Full of empathy, devoid of sincerity and credibility.. He's loaded, he's a FF supporter (i.e. the crowd that got us in this mess), he's in a state job and has no chance of losing his job like the people he is attempting to empathise with.. Somebody better tell poor Ryan that he's part of the "haves" (not the "have nots") before he kills himself by mistake..
    .if anybody in his 2fm team reads this PLEASE make him stop with the kids screaming, the jokes very old

+ 1 ... thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

There is a rumour he could go into politics, !

Yes, saw that in an article in the Sunday Times last weekend in which he also bragged of always having been a "politics junkie" - would you expect a politics junkie to do more than gloss over the bad news political stories in the papers round up every morning.

All the supposedly self critical comments he comes out with have a silver lining for him as well - as when he admits he is no oil painting appearance wise, but always works in a reference to how thin he is.

His comment on Monday about the high point of his weekend being watching the All Blacks match recalled the Alan Partridge scene where Partridge in an effort to make small talk asks his builders:"see the match?", the builder replies "which one", AP mumbles "dont know"

He clearly isnt a politics junkie and I dont think he knows more about JFK than the next person. He is a human manifestation of how RTE's light entertainment output has evolved to the point we are at now - privileged, self regarding, anti intellectual, totally vacuous, detatched from reality.

oh and another Sarah Palin reference (with customary soundbite) today as well... Why does he persist with talking about things that are of only interest to him??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I presume if he was considering politcs he would avail of the “George Lee, fancy myself as a politician” leave.
    He would then leave RTE in a fanfair, get slaughtered in the polls, return back to cushy number in RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

In the same way that water finds a level, anger finds a target and it seems that my anger (along with that of a growing number of boardsies) is directed towards Ryan. But he just really pushed the annoying button with 'tweets' like:

In less depressing news...I just saw the Toy Show set. It is the best yet. Lots of jelly beans. Lots.

It's a cold, crisp, tragically beautiful morning out there

Re the politics: He said in his interview in the Sunday Times that he guaranteed that he could read a room like no-one else (paraphrasing), yet he seems so incredibly out of touch. The notion that he could be a political success is absurd. I imagine he thinks a sharp Mad Men suit should carry the vote.

Also asking on Twitter if he should play some Luke Kelly this morning. Imagine what Luke Kelly would make of Ryan Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

oh and another Sarah Palin reference (with customary soundbite) today as well... Why does he persist with talking about things that are of only interest to him??

yeah heard that he is in in love with her
    he said book about 50 times today
    he says give books as an xmas gift ,give book to this that and the other.
    i could only imagine his gaf xmas mornin
    i heap of books wooop de dooo how boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I hope he doesnt turn what Gerry used to use, 'santas sack' into 'tubs sack'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭who what when

To be fair that reference was to do with Palin stating the US and North Korea are allies. Thats news A LOT of people would be interested in!

Advertisement