Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I've waited a few months before posting an opinion.

His performance on 2FM is poor.
    He seems to spend an inordinate amount of time now talking the upcoming LLS, Toy Show edition.
    Is he being paid to publicise this upcoming show?
    He must be on commission.

The soundbite of the kids cheering is played constantly by him for some reason.

"snuggle up on the couch, get the crisps and lemonade in and watch the LLTS"
    What's this all about?
    Is he trying to project some sort of ideal American 1950's image, about a fooking toy show??

This leads me on to Tubridy and his obsession with all things American.
    Geek-like references to US political history just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.
    Can't recall him being critical about things American either.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Ah yes Dave Fanning is on today,
    So far its been a great show and he gets on with the papers..

No screaming kids been replayed for the 50th time
    No annoying natter with newsreader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Ah yes Dave Fanning is on today,
    So far its been a great show and he gets on with the papers..

Agreed. No messing, fast moving, no BS and no agenda.

I see his JFK book won the award last night.

I know it was previously highlighted in this thread (though it looks like it may have been removed) that the book was launched on October 27th yet the closing date for submissions was September 30th

While I know the mods might say that this post does not related to his show Tubs is the one who has been using his show to promote his Late Late show and through twitter his book signings. I would guess that he had the rules bent cos of who he is and his previous shows involvement with the awards. Sneaky little bugger.

Not the biggest scandal I know but still it just does illustrate how things work in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lempsipmax wrote: »
    I see his JFK book won the award last night.

I know it was previously highlighted in this thread (though it looks like it may have been removed) that the book was launched on October 27th yet the closing date for submissions was September 30th

It got best newcomer.................. should'a been best latecomer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw an ad on a billboard on the way to work this morning. It was for 2fm. It was a predominant Ryan Tubridy at the front and all his over paid, nepotisitic, handy number cronies around him...
    The title of the billboard was "come together".....I thought the title was apt considering it was for the RTE circle jerk team.

The title of the billboard was "come together".....I thought the title was apt considering it was for the RTE circle jerk team.

White Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That love in with Mammy was sickening this morning... Mary thinks her nephew should be in charge.. surprise surprise... god who would have ever thought she would say that... ?? She says she's gonna run again, I hope she does, so that people will get to show their contempt for her dynasty...

RTE are supposed to be an impartial organisation, or to at least give us the facade of being impartial.. how can they allow this rubbish on the airwaves...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That love in with Mammy was sickening this morning... Mary thinks her nephew should be in charge.. surprise surprise... god who would have ever thought she would say that... ?? She says she's gonna run again, I hope she does, so that people will get to show their contempt for her dynasty...

RTE are supposed to be an impartial organisation, or to at least give us the facade of being impartial.. how can they allow this rubbish on the airwaves...

Presume thats Mary O'Rourke youre talking about. Shouldnt this be in the "Mary O'Rourke Watch" thread?

Getting unreal now. She must be kept on a shelf in one of the Montrose offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

After pontless waffle with the newsreader AGAIN before reading the papers we found out about the newsreaders car, it was so interesting Ryan even wanted to know its colour. Turns out it was some sort of beige to which he quickly interupted that Obama painted the oval office beige. He must stalk the white house. Its getting very very cringe, how long can the show last I wonder?

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    After pontless waffle with the newsreader AGAIN before reading the papers we found out about the newsreaders car, it was so interesting Ryan even wanted to know its colour. Turns out it was some sort of beige to which he quickly interupted that Obama painted the oval office beige. He must stalk the white house. Its getting very very cringe, how long can the show last I wonder?
    Ha beige...reminds me of billy connolly....

mm....wonder what he would make of Tubbers....

Ha beige...reminds me of billy connolly....

mm....wonder what he would make of Tubbers....

I'd imagine he'd agree with the "Dainty Little Bugger" analogy... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

MJ23 wrote: »
    'tubs sack'

I thought that's what most people on here wanted?

MJ23 wrote: »
    I hope he doesnt turn what Gerry used to use, 'santas sack' into 'tubs sack'

One poster on the late late toy show thread noticed a "hollow" where tub's sack should have been! :eek:

"I have no willy"...

178587.jpg

Having Tubridy on the radio in the current economic times is like continuing to pay your subscriptions to USA Today, Toy Times, Nostalgia Monthly, Geek Weekly, People Magazine and The Fianna Fáil Chronicle despite not having money for the ESB or food.

Just cancel the subscriptions, you wont end up reading those magazines, they are irrelevant, cost far too much and even seeing the covers of them in the morning is sometimes enough to put you off your breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I hope he doesnt turn what Gerry used to use, 'santas sack' into 'tubs sack'

he cant really use this term in fairness trying to follow on gerry ryans way of doing it
    why

he has no charisma
    he cant present the radio anything like gerry
    it would be distasteful to gerry

he should call it tubridys twitter and book goodie bag

"Cher is like George W Bush, and Mary is like Al Gore"...

What a tool... just read the fkn papers will you...

Has Degsy (poster here) been listening to Tubs since the demise of the G.Ryan show?

Would love to hear his opinions on this clown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

This fool is on over half a million a year. What would he do if RTE offered him a hundred grand a year. I'd say he would take it.

Rookster wrote: »
    This fool is on over half a million a year. What would he do if RTE offered him a hundred grand a year. I'd say he would take it.

Where else would take the untalented clown? Midlands Radio? Limerick 95FM? He would earn 10-20% of his current wage on a national private station and thats a fact. :mad:

The situation is quite clear. RTE is the only gravy train Tubridy is eligible for (Fianna Fail dynasty). Its gas his cousing David McSavage is also on board.

I hope the IMF scrap everyone at RTE and start again. Jokeshop. :mad:

• Advertisement

"Cher is like George W Bush, and Mary is like Al Gore"...

What a tool... just read the fkn papers will you...
    man..he did not say that did he?

man..he did not say that did he?

Yep (on yesterday's show) and then went on to compare the voting system to the how Bush won Florida... really stretching the analogy to demonstrate to the listener how "clever" he is...

Yep (on yesterday's show) and then went on to compare the voting system to the how Bush won Florida... really stretching the analogy to demonstrate to the listen how "clever" he is...

He took the week off work during the 2008 election.

I can picture him there, up all night, in his jammies, with a big bag of popcorn and large mug of hot chocolate...creaming himself over the results coming in from Iowa and Florida, thinking "life doesn't get much better than this..."

Yep (on yesterday's show) and then went on to compare the voting system to the how Bush won Florida... really stretching the analogy to demonstrate to the listener how "clever" he is...
    I'm lost for words...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Don't like him never really did although I will say he ain't too bad on the late late.....

He is annoying on the Radio,loves FF,loves the usa,loves the fact that he is skinny....Same jokes all the time..,but I suppose nobody is perfect.

Gerry Ryan will never be replaced in my eyes he was a legend going to miss him this christmas he was always in such good form around this time of year!

laois gael wrote: »
    Don't like him never really did although I will say he ain't too bad on the late late.....

He is annoying on the Radio,loves FF,loves the usa,loves the fact that he is skinny....Same jokes all the time..,but I suppose nobody is perfect.

Gerry Ryan will never be replaced in my eyes he was a legend going to miss him this christmas he was always in such good form around this time of year!

I respectfully disagree. The way he can bore the audience when interviewing Jack Black is surely a talent.

telekon wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree. The way he can bore the audience when interviewing Jack Black is surely a talent.

Watched that last night....painful... "you're parents are clever ....where did you come from ....where you the joker....do you know what a messer is....ireland ireland....you're a messer..."

I'm lost for words...

Enjoy Tubridy's analysis of the X Factor for yourself .. ;)

that is actually unbelievable....

• Advertisement

A load of rambling shite.
    Remind me again how much this one dimensional individual is paid.

Advertisement