Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

mikom wrote: »
    A load of rambling shite.
    Remind me again how much this one dimensional individual is paid.

...by us, remember.

By us. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

A lot of aul jibber-jabber on 2FM these days..its getting very boring now!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Enjoy Tubridy's analysis of the X Factor for yourself .. ;)

That is beyond parody. Surely someone on the production team or in RTE management could take him to one side and have a quiet word.

Half a million a year...who in their right mind signed off on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

"Cher is like George W Bush, and Mary is like Al Gore"...

What a tool... just read the fkn papers will you...

Thanks for posting that clip.
    Don't you love the underlying sentiment there: that anybody who's brainy enough to have followed the US election ten years ago wouldn't dream of watching prole nonsense like the X Factor.
    You see? This is why I can't listen in the mornings...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

telekon wrote: »
    ...by us, remember.

By us. :mad:

Whilst I agree that Tubridy's ramblings were ridiculous I just wanted to point out that 2FM is not actually funded by the licence fee but is actually self sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whilst I agree that Tubridy's ramblings were ridiculous I just wanted to point out that 2FM is not actually funded by the licence fee but is actually self sufficient.

That's BS if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha ha ha ...that's true actually

TubridyTweets ..that interview was a little odd, Only the new LLS could make Jack B look depressing. Up your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've finally worked out why I listen to Ryan even though my dislike for the man has got me a warning on here. I'm like that matty hislop character in father ted. Ryan tubridy is my kitten in the pocket. Apparently Gordon brown will be on the LLS tomorrow night. god please help me. Is there any self help groups for this ? Why is the nine to twelve slot on Irish radio so devoid of talent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Did he make any comment about the Gerry Ryan inquest starting today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Big Tone wrote: »
    Did he make any comment about the Gerry Ryan inquest starting today?

It will be all over the newpapers tomorrow, and thus unavoidable for him to make comment....Should be interesting now that the conclusion has been made that alcohol and cocaine contributed to his death..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Tomorrow is Saturday so he will avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Please note that, with regard to the Gerry Ryan story in the news at the moment, the following fundamental rule in the Radio forum charter still stands:

Discussion on radio presenters is allowed - but in the context of their radio programmes and not their personal lives.

Therefore the radio forum is NOT the place to discuss the inquest into his death. Threads and posts referring to it will be edited/deleted at moderators' discretion.

If you wish to discuss the inquest, there is a thread on After Hours about it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

It will be all over the newpapers tomorrow, and thus unavoidable for him to make comment....Should be interesting now that the conclusion has been made that alcohol and cocaine contributed to his death..

How do you know of the conclusion?

DT100 wrote: »
    How do you know of the conclusion?

Well, I sing the tune that Pravda teaches me.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1210/ryang.html
    A Coroner has told the inquest into the death of RTÉ broadcaster Gerry Ryan that traces of cocaine found during toxicology tests were the likely trigger that led to a cardiac arrhythmia that resulted in his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I for the first time saw the 2fm 'come together' billboard yesterday and was very suprised to see Ryan the 'leader' in front. If it was an ad for RTE T.V. I'd understand but for radio? I noticed out of the lineup on the billboard Dave Fanning was in the back. In my opinion he is the best thing 2fm has by a mile. Bad decision by the 2fm marketing department.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Tubs read out all the Gerry cocaine headlines - and you could tell he was seething. The way the read out he names of each journalist who wrote each article - and then the part with Ben Dunne slagging off Gerry's RTE pals for being silent - I thought Tubs was going to explode. :eek: Then he gave a short speech about how Gerry should be remembered for his work as a broadcaster and all he gave to his listeners. It's a real shame for Gerry's friends (unless they all knew and didn't try and get him help that is) and family. Hopefully it is not true that they will lose the family home though.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

On that 2fm ad on the telly, he gets out of the car and his jacket is closed, the next clip, he is closing his jacket, the next clip, his jacket is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

MJ23 wrote: »
    On that 2fm ad on the telly, he gets out of the car and his jacket is closed, the next clip, he is closing his jacket, the next clip, his jacket is open.

Now thats just nitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

that is what a call the jacketwatcher LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

SB-08 wrote: »
    Tubs read out all the Gerry cocaine headlines - and you could tell he was seething. The way the read out he names of each journalist who wrote each article - and then the part with Ben Dunne slagging off Gerry's RTE pals for being silent - I thought Tubs was going to explode. :eek: Then he gave a short speech about how Gerry should be remembered for his work as a broadcaster and all he gave to his listeners. It's a real shame for Gerry's friends (unless they all knew and didn't try and get him help that is) and family. Hopefully it is not true that they will lose the family home though.:(
    i sent in a text askin why not talk about it should tweeTed him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

So Tubs defends the use of class A narcotics in the workplace now does he? :rolleyes:

Tut tut, I am shocked and appalled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Twas a good opportunity for DLB to go off on one of his stories.............
    John F. Kennedy snorted cocaine with actor Peter Lawford while the two stayed at Frank Sinatra's Palm Springs house in the late 1950s, according to an excerpt from a tell-all book written by Sinatra's former valet. Writing about the close friendship between Sinatra and the future U.S. president, George Jacobs said that although the Rat Pack singer knew of Kennedy's weakness for women -- and went so far as to arrange liaisons for him -- he would not have approved of his drug use.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/911063/posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Don't forget William Jefferson "I DID NOT INHALE" Clinton. Another consumer of illegal substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Just after decided to finish his "ode" to Gerry by saying that he was a true friend etc etc. and thereafter banning all such talk, "things are tough out there" he said (like he knows!).

He then switched to speaking about some recordings made by Nixon when in the Oval Office and his views on Jews, Irish and Blacks. Now look Tubbers, we all know you get a massive horn over the merest frisson of West Wing related information, but guess what, most of the rest of us don't give a sh1t.

I'd have been much more impressed by a debate on the usage of cocaine by people in the public eye and how drugs are destroying every layer of this society. Once again, an opportunity missed. Maybe Ryan should present a new version of "Opportunity Knocks" where nobody gets past the auditions, that way everything stays nice and safe.

Time to turn 2FM off again for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just after decided to finish his "ode" to Gerry by saying that he was a true friend etc etc. and thereafter banning all such talk, "things are tough out there" he said (like he knows!).

He then switched to speaking about some recordings made by Nixon when in the Oval Office and his views on Jews, Irish and Blacks. Now look Tubbers, we all know you get a massive horn over the merest frisson of West Wing related information, but guess what, most of the rest of us don't give a sh1t.

I'd have been much more impressed by a debate on the usage of cocaine by people in the public eye and how drugs are destroying every layer of this society. Once again, an opportunity missed. Maybe Ryan should present a new version of "Opportunity Knocks" where nobody gets past the auditions, that way everything stays nice and safe.

Time to turn 2FM off again for a couple of days.

Sad that gerry ryans legacy (the ryan line radio show) has been diluted and made nice and pretty by tubridy, the new show needs to grow a pair of balls and get real.

Things are tough for me right now, and when I hear him saying this it makes me sick..

I read on the papers tonight, two separate "big" stories...

i) There is a possibility that the life assurance company wont pay out on Gerry Ryan's policy, given that I'm sure taking cocaine alone would nullify his policy..

ii) Joe Duffy has responded to the silence in RTE surrounding the findings of the inquest.. He said (paraphrased).. " maybe I was naive, but I had no idea that he was taking drugs"... There's more in his statement but it's basically substantiating the above statement...

At least one of these stories is likely to get front page coverage tomorrow, so Tubberhead wont be able to duck and dive the story..

okay lads I've uploaded the section from this morning's show in which Ryan discusses the Gerry Ryan story that was on the front of the papers this morning...

A couple of things about this really annoy me... First of all, Gerry would have certainly have his house paid for if he had not been on coke.. And now Morah and the kids may lose their house...If the security of his family was his number one priority, he would have paid off his house to give them some stability in case he DID have an accident...

Secondly, Tubridy repeats Ben Dunne's name three times with his smug, derogatory, judgemental emphasis... which he conveniently uses of occasion when he is too yellow to actually come out and just say something... RTE spread Ben Dunne's story ALL over the news when he had his problems, and he has been interviewed and judged by a number of RTE Interviewees for his cocaine use.. And I think he is dead right to question why RTE have maintained a silence for Ryan, when they headlined all news stories with his balcony escapades in 1992, and discussed it in depth on their shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Secondly, Tubridy repeats Ben Dunne's name three times with his smug, derogatory, judgemental emphasis... which he conveniently uses of occasion when he is too yellow to actually come out and just say something... RTE spread Ben Dunne's story ALL over the news when he had his problems, and he has been interviewed and judged by a number of RTE Interviewees for his cocaine use...
    Yep I was annoyed by Tubs remarks, overall I thought he did a very poor job on the papers. Like posted earlier when G Ryan had that show there was a set of balls.
    All of his happy happy wonderful wonka land attitude is really starting to make me hate him. I wanted to give him a fair chance to settle in but the show has been on over 3 months, it's a train reck. On this radio show he's dreadful but I commend him on the late late, he's adapted to that roll well IMO. I'll be surprised if he survives till next September on 2fm but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭GSF

So when Ryan interviewed Ryan on this Ryan Confidential show, they cant have done much research if they didnt discover his coke habit. Even a trip to the staff canteen should have been enough research

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

GSF wrote: »
    So when Ryan interviewed Ryan on this Ryan Confidential show, they cant have done much research if they didnt discover his coke habit. Even a trip to the staff canteen should have been enough research

For the last two years, here in the radio forum, folks were often suggesting that Gerry sounded "nasal";).
    If we knew, why didn't the highly paid and often trumpeted "investigative journalists" in montrose know?

Advertisement