Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poly wrote: »
    For the last two years, here in the radio forum, folks were often suggesting that Gerry sounded "nasal";).

ah no that just cos:
    i) it was early in the morning
    ii) the crashing of plates in the background and
    ii) Gerry was prone to a big of nasal congestion..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

okay lads I've uploaded the section from this morning's show in which Ryan discusses the Gerry Ryan story that was on the front of the papers this morning...

A couple of things about this really annoy me... First of all, Gerry would have certainly have his house paid for if he had not been on coke.. And now Morah and the kids may lose their house...If the security of his family was his number one priority, he would have paid off his house to give them some stability in case he DID have an accident...

Secondly, Tubridy repeats Ben Dunne's name three times with his smug, derogatory, judgemental emphasis... which he conveniently uses of occasion when he is too yellow to actually come out and just say something... RTE spread Ben Dunne's story ALL over the news when he had his problems, and he has been interviewed and judged by a number of RTE Interviewees for his cocaine use.. And I think he is dead right to question why RTE have maintained a silence for Ryan, when they headlined all news stories with his balcony escapades in 1992, and discussed it in depth on their shows..

I dont listen to him on the radio but that little clip sent me into a rage and i would really love to comment on this but i would receive a site ban if i did

One thing Mr Tubirty if i had a friend who i said i "loved "and who ended up like that i would be ashamed of my fcuking self right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Thanks for posting that clip, Jonathan. Really didn't like the tone of his voice as he made a point of naming each of the reporters attached to those stories.

To be fair, nobody could deny a friend of Gerry's their anger at seeing a mate's legacy being trashed.

But, on the other hand, why is it that none of these friends were in a position to see that he was - at the very least - burning the candle at both ends for years? If most of us could infer from the high-rolling social life, the early mornings, the rather bizarre ramblings (including the crazed rants at drug-pushing scum) that he may have been on something slightly stronger than double espressos, how come none of these wonderful friends could?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That Ben Dunne comment really pissed me off! :mad: Does Ryan realised he's profited most out of all this. What was the raise in salary again??

Had to laugh at his slow and deliberate naming of the journalists who wrote the stories...like he was threatening them or something. :rolleyes:

If he really wanted to get payback on the journalists, he should tie them all up in a room and make them listen to his radio show...

I dont listen to him on the radio but that little clip sent me into a rage and i would really love to comment on this but i would receive a site ban if i did

One thing Mr Tubirty if i had a friend who i said i "loved "and who ended up like that i would be ashamed of my fcuking self right now

Repped Sept 23, thats the truth of the matter. Some friends they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

If Gerry is on the papers tomorrow morning (or even if not) Ryan should takle it. After this mornings embarrasment he should give at least an half hour to cocaine use, even RTE news did a segment on it tonight. I would love of he admitted he was upset this morning (which I can understand) and invited Ben Dunne to discuss cocaine. That would be productive instead of hiding in his happy happy turtle shell santa fairy land

GSF wrote: »
    So when Ryan interviewed Ryan on this Ryan Confidential show, they cant have done much research if they didnt discover his coke habit.
    telekon wrote: »
    Some friends they were.

Both very good points.. I mean if Tubridy was that good of a friend, he surely would have known and would have tried to help him... Maybe it's guilt he's feeling...
    miketv wrote: »
    If Gerry is on the papers tomorrow morning (or even if not) Ryan should takle it. After this mornings embarrasment he should give at least an half hour to cocaine use

Well he'd have to come in a half hour earlier, but it would certainly be an appropriate homage to G Ryan..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Whats the point of Dunne or anyone else talking to him about real life rock bottom experiences

He lives in a world of hot chocolate and slippers

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Whats the point of Dunne or anyone else talking to him about real life rock bottom experiences

Yes, fair point... There is gotta be somebody to fill that slot other than Tweeter JFK happy toy land Tubs... Anyone... Anyone..(no really,suggestions welcome) maybe the directer general one day may read this thread. *hopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

okay lads I've uploaded the section from this morning's show in which Ryan discusses the Gerry Ryan story that was on the front of the papers this morning...

A couple of things about this really annoy me... First of all, Gerry would have certainly have his house paid for if he had not been on coke.. And now Morah and the kids may lose their house...If the security of his family was his number one priority, he would have paid off his house to give them some stability in case he DID have an accident...

Secondly, Tubridy repeats Ben Dunne's name three times with his smug, derogatory, judgemental emphasis... which he conveniently uses of occasion when he is too yellow to actually come out and just say something... RTE spread Ben Dunne's story ALL over the news when he had his problems, and he has been interviewed and judged by a number of RTE Interviewees for his cocaine use.. And I think he is dead right to question why RTE have maintained a silence for Ryan, when they headlined all news stories with his balcony escapades in 1992, and discussed it in depth on their shows..

Thanks again for this.

There can be little doubt that his house would be paid for. With the level of salary he commanded this could have been done quite comfortably. I believe that there had been at least one re-mortgage and probably more besides..

Ryan Tubridy is one of Irish broadcastings most sanctimonious characters and this rant simply helps to exaggerate this.

The thing with Ben Dunne is, that despite all his apparents faults, he met his problems head on and came out the other side and did so in a very public fashion.I believe that he deserves a huge deal of credit for this. He beat his addiction and lives to tell the tale. Tubridy seems to be of the opinion, judging by his tone, that Ben Dunne has no business talking about Gerry Ryans Drug Use.

I have no animosity towards Gerry Ryan and his family whatsoever, but Gerry Ryan chose the lifetsyle that he led and it ultimately led to his premature death. It is now the job of his family to pick up the pieces in a very public fashion.

• Advertisement

Ben Dunne beat his addiction Therein lies the difference. Ben Dunne didnt leave his family to pick up the pieces of his poor lifestyle choices.

Gerry Ryan let the addiction beat him. Gerry Ryan peddled hypocrisy and double standards in relation to his drug use and now we have RTE apologists telling us what we should think in the form of Ryan Tubridy rants on the slot that GERRY RYAN used to occupy.

Another thing. It has been mentioned that the dealer who supplied Gerry Ryan is being tracked big time, and rightly so, Why exactly did it take more than a decade for this to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Tubs had another petty go at Juliet Binoche this morning. Called her the least interesting guest he has had on the Late Late. Impersonated her in the context of a pre-interview chat with her about Maureen O'Hara - she didnt understand Ryan when he called Maureen feisty. Very unprofessional behaviour on Ryans behalf - save the pettiness for your memoir man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw ben dunne on tv open up about that period, and it was brilliant. Imagine your dad, admitting he had a coke problem and getting it sorted? It was inspirational stuff. Gerry on the other hand never dealt with it and it ruined other peoples lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

lempsipmax wrote: »
    Tubs had another petty go at Juliet Binoche this morning. Called her the least interesting guest he has had on the Late Late. Impersonated her in the context of a pre-interview chat with her about Maureen O'Hara - she didnt understand Ryan when he called Maureen feisty. Very unprofessional behaviour on Ryans behalf - save the pettiness for your memoir man.

In fairness, she probably tells her friends about the worst chat show host on TV.

Tubs had another petty go at Juliet Binoche this morning.

I heard it .. He started by saying " oh how can people be so cruel to each" and went on this humanitarian "why cant we all just love each other" rant... And then proceeds to have a pop at a woman who isnt there to defend herself... :confused::confused::confused:

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

FFS, says the man who cant even conduct a half-interesting interview with Jack Black or a reformed Take That!!

I found her quite interesting merely because you could tell that she knew she was dealing with a guy way out of his depth, asking the usual inane chat show tripe questions. She treated him like a fool and Ryan didnt like it.

The same way he cried like a bitch after a ribbing from Gordon Ramsey.

DLB is getting a major ego problem. Having a sense of humour and the ability to take ridicule easily comes with being in the media limelight Ryan. It was your decision, live with it and stop acting like a baby.

Ryan Tubridy conducted a recent Late Late Show interview with the Cork MEP Brian Crowley. The interview had almost reached its conclusion when Ryan Tubridy made one of his stereotypical smartarse remarks that masquerades as a question concerning Mr Crowleys love life or whether he would like or intends to get married (somewhat inappropriate I thought but that's for the interviewee to decide).

His response was class (and I paraphrase somewhat)

"I don't know Ryan but I may come to you for relationship advise someday". Tubridy was slapped right into his box within milliseconds and it was around the time that Tubridy present relationship was in trouble.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy conducted a recent Late Late Show interview with the Cork MEP Brian Crowley. The interview had almost reached its conclusion when Ryan Tubridy made one of his stereotypical smartarse remarks that masquerades as a question concerning Mr Crowleys love life or whether he would like or intends to get married (somewhat inappropriate I thought but that's for the interviewee to decide).

"I don't know Ryan but I may come to you for relationship advise someday". Tubridy was slapped right into his box within milliseconds and it was around the time that Tubridy present relationship was in trouble.

Don't forget his failed marriage...

.....hmmm, a bit harsh perhaps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yeah, agree with everything said above.

The patronising, sanctimonious delivery of Ben Dunne's name actually made me laugh - I ws thinking to myself some friend you were Tubridy, take the blinkers off for a moment and actually think of the Ben Dunne story.
    No, he wouldn't naturally, as it would paint the likes of himself and Fanning and Duffy and Byrne and Kenny in a not too good light.
    Instead of what could have been a damn good radio piece with Ben Dunne, a man who was publicly shamed and then righted himself, Tubridy resorts to pathetic sarcasm as if to say what would Dunne know about it! Unbelievable.

The thing that annoys me the most is that these guys are broadcasting on the state broadcaster, if they aren't up to the job at dealing with the headline issues because they are friends with the subject then it doesn't instill much confidence when they hardhit on any other story especially what's happening in this country for the past decade or more. Who else will they not pursue because they are friends of theirs?

Never has it been more stark that there is a cosy cabal in RTE with the likes of Tubridy and Duffy's impartiality being tested.

As of today, it's a BIG FAT FAIL for both of them in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

telekon wrote: »
    Don't forget his failed marriage...
    .....hmmm, a bit harsh perhaps??

I agree it is a bit harsh. Tubs could be justifiably irked with comments like that. We should try to keep it as clean as possible.

• Advertisement

I agree it is a bit harsh. Tubs could be justifiably irked with comments like that. We should try to keep it as clean as possible.

I thought that was one of the main objectives of this thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

orourkeda wrote: »

He had female jockey Nina Carberry on for an interview around Cheltenham time and he went on and on and on about how the last time he had seen her at Punchestown she hit him with her whip. On and on and on he went about it for some reason.

Finally she came back with "you loved it didnt yeh?", he got seriously thick with her for that.

Just listened to it there on the podcast. What an asshole! Juliet obviously rattled him bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭harpsman

Dont watch late late but caught a few minutes that night-basically julet made ryan feel really small because she mentioned a director he had never heard of and you could tell his tiny little cock was shrivelling even further. he then set about trying to belittle her-but she had far too much class for him- what a pathetic little man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1960's housewives stay in the kitchen and keep their mouths shut.
    Anything else scares some people.

schlitz-ad.jpg

harpsman wrote: »
    Dont watch late late but caught a few minutes that night-basically julet made ryan feel really small because she mentioned a director he had never heard of and you could tell his tiny little cock was shrivelling even further. he then set about trying to belittle her-but she had far too much class for him- what a pathetic little man
    I really need to see this interview....how can i?????

I really need to see this interview....how can i?????

Type 'car crash' into youtube.

Emma certainly put him back in his box this morning, when he started asking her more personal questions.. Why does he think it's fair game to use the newsreader's life as fodder for his show when he is unprepared to give anything of his own..

Fair play to Emma.. when he pissed her off with a childish double enténdre about how her and her husband were "just buying stockings for each other for xmas", she batted his intrusive questions right back to him, at which he balked and quickly switched the topic to G1, G2, R2D2, etc etc..

Emma certainly put him back in his box this morning, when he started asking her more personal questions.. Why does he think it's fair game to use the newsreader's life as fodder for his show when he is unprepared to give anything of his own..

Fair play to Emma.. when he pissed her off with a childish double enténdre about how her and her husband were "just buying stockings for each other for xmas", she batted his intrusive questions right back to him, at which he balked and quickly switched the topic to G1, G2, R2D2, etc etc..
    ya see that's it right there, he talks down to people as if he is above them intellectually, when in fact he's incredibly limited in humour, knowledge, life experience and wit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I heard that this morning, she put her foot down and didn't tolerate any of his BS.
    Fair play to her.

Advertisement